bjcljohnston

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 3:21 am

[Class Discussion] Shadowmage

Gender selection and other bits and pieces
Option for all clesses to be male and female.
Amour needs to be a little more unique as everyone looks the same geared up.
Person store is good but when there is too many ppl in one area it is very annoying and it becomes lag central, ruins the game realy seeing 50 pll with signs up.
items drops need to be varied as well as item stats.
There should be a bonus for patrying to get ppl to party up more and not just a quick party to take down a boss but to try and get ppl to stay together to help each other. (like a patry meter the longer they stay grouped kills or a little better drop in items chance occurs, but something in to counter ppl running multipul accounts from the same ip's)
Something to make gear either alter or glow a differant colour when a rune is implanted, like a simple leather shirt becomes studded when a rune for a warrior is used.

Dislikes.
Sorceress can hog a hunting ground and just steal kills from the melee class
Advertisement

ab50613

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:19 am

Shadow Mage

I want this character able to move while casting skills. I want her defense to increase a little bit higher and since this race is for support.. and to make this race more enjoyable to play.

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedNov 29, 2012 5:39 am   Last edited by krnx2 on Nov 29, 2012 5:50 am. Edited 1 time in total
triti wrote:
I believe the Shadowmage class is to OP why ?
Because this is a statement mabe by a friend of mine while killing
"This class is so cool i can tank kill heal at the same time"
Now being realistic my friend was way better than me at killing the mobs... as i wasnt even able to tank that much he could heal himself kill more mobs that i did and tank at the same time

A class should have some weakness could some 1 tell me which those are ... ?I can't really figure it out

I did not played the class but i always observed the others  

Those SM who can tank more than (I dont know what class you are, but sounds like paladin) have really low damage. All SM can get 1 or 2 aoe, even if its relatively weak being tanky, it does have a consistant aoe damage. 6s cd with 2sec casting & 10s cd with 1sec casting.
I can say this because I was one of those tanking SMs. I Aoe more than anyone else ever does. I can Aoe 10+ mobs without pulling a string(I only die cus I chat alot or lag). I only party so they die faster and i can save some mana. When I solo, It takes about 4-5 hits to kill one with my build(Tanky, aoe) and if u add up the cd time of the aoes, it is quiet slow.
Weakness.. lets see.. I did state it above.. LOW DPS and I HATE WARRIORS KSing Bosses and mobs like its normal thing to do cus they have such a high single target dps.
Also for PvP, we cant do anything but to heal. Tanky, aoe build like my SM cant even scratch anyone with high dps. not to mention another SM or Pally with heal can easily out heal my damage.

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedNov 29, 2012 5:47 am
synster14 wrote:

Well, uhm, Aeria changed all the values for everything....We have like 20X the hp/armor and such that the KR version does, it's all funky.

The KR version plays with smalll numbers. SMALL!
Max level sorc health pool of 500.

at level 35, were at 1200 base hp....

20 attack on a max level broadsword.....

Big changes...somethings won't scale right, lot's of balancing to be done.

As far as stats on the armor, I think one of the crafters we don't have access to can add stats to armor different from enchanting and runes.

Like weapons can be enchanted with an element, which will augment all the damage you do with that element.  

I'm a korean and met a few other koreans from KR server, He explained to me, everything was different. In KR version u dont put statpoints until level 50, which makes a huge difference between us and them. Alot of skills have been modified, added and moved. I heard KR was a failling game. Because warriors will rule the game, Literally. Mages, SM, Archers were food to warrior, only leaving paladin standing but without a chance due to high hp and low atk. We can only see how this game will turn out to be.

williamderhecht

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:49 am

SM class

comments/additions
all in all I loved the SM class... I was one of those SMs that was stat'd more for dps and less for support, putting no points into my INT and focusing more on REC for the extra helath, a few points into STR (since I was using S&S) a good amount into my WIS (22) and focusing the rest on DEX... I was able to hold my own against all classes in PvP matches as long as they were 1v1...

I agree that the buffs are in the wrong place... I would expect the buffs to be switched with the poison skills as well as the armor buff since as a DPSer, that armor buff is your only saving grace (golem aspect= +100 Def respectively)... As stated above w/ my WIS I never had an issue with mp as a DPSer... and you don't really need that armor when you are the support of a party since they should take priority keeping you alive since you keep them alive...

With the route I decided to take, I had the great idea of a skill that would be beneficial to an SM no matter if they were a DPSer or a support... a "Shroud" ability would be perfect for this class seeing how SMs have the same dodge chances a sorceress does but the sorc's are heavier hitting... why not this "shroud" ability that raises our chance of dodging? (I mean we are SHADOWmages aren't we?)

I really can't find too many faults with this class since it is about your own personal playstyle...

as for direct changes-
+ lower cd on group heal by about 5 secs
+ mp regen skill in support bracket of skills
+ higher chance of CCs (80-95% chance... that way it still leaves an opening of failure)
+ naturally higher chance of dodge
+ trade out critical heal for a heal over time (even not being a healer I still healed a paladin for about half their health... yes the heals are a little bit OP)

and this last one goes for all classes... let us pick what our first skill point will be out of the first tier... it is kind of a hindrance if I want to go full right bracket and I HAVE to be stuck with one point in the left bracket that could be utilized elsewhere

Thoreac

Rank 0
Thoreac
PostedNov 29, 2012 10:59 am
The more I think about this, the more I agree:

The primary healing class (Shadowmage) NEEDS a Heal Over Time.

Almost every MMO game I've played (certainly every one of the newest 3 or 4 MMO's I've played) have at least one, if not multiple HOT for the primary healer.

When you're working with large groups in raid-style encounters (large numbers of people with very high end MOBs or powerful PvP chars), the ability to HOT the main group and focus on your serious heals on your main tank is critical. Without that, it changes the dynamics at the high end dramatically... and others have said it better than me Smile

At any rate... just my $0.05

<br>Spoken as a man playing a (large breasted) cat-woman in a virtual world

neuromad77

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 12:57 pm

UP!

Shadowmage class
I tried different classes, but the shadowmage is absolutely my favorite, will once again my main class in open beta.

kielek117

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 2:14 pm

SM

Nature Aspect - 45 min cooldown.That need to be reduced i think Smile

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedNov 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: SM

kielek117 wrote:

What? The effect lasts for 45 minutes. The cooldown is relatively instant. Unless you press the key again, the effect stays active till it expires, and since the cooldown is so short, if you do press the key again before it expires, you can rebuff yourself straightaway.

kielek117

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: SM

Giovanna_X wrote:
kielek117 wrote:

What? The effect lasts for 45 minutes. The cooldown is relatively instant. Unless you press the key again, the effect stays active till it expires, and since the cooldown is so short, if you do press the key again before it expires, you can rebuff yourself straightaway.  

Then i had a bug...Effect lasts for 20s and i could use Nature Aspect again after 45min.