Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:34 pm
synster14 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

In other words, at any rational "% of magic attack," It would actually hurt your ability to damage at low levels, and even at high levels, the impact would be very small. If you did 20% of magic attack, you'd have a skill that does 1700 damage for almost no cost (Base + 5 ticks of 200+).  

I don't see a problem with that.
If that's shadowmage damage at 50, that would be fine..

My sorc does that now.

1200 base + 5 ticks of 100.
Granted it has a 30 second cool down.

I made the suggestion for DoT's increasing based off of magic attack after the first day of CBT, give or take a few hours...

Think about this.
Nox, the final boss we were given for CBT, had 1.5 million HP.
Does anything less than 200 damage a tick sound right for that?
Not in my opinion.

You could have it scale off of both your magic attack AND your level.

How about this?
Your magic attack divided by your level + the base damage of the DoT?

So, if you have 2000 magic attack at level 50, and the DoT is 70 per tick, it would be:

2000/50 = 40

40+ 70 = 110.

I expect you'll have more than 2k magic attack, but you understand the idea.
If paladins have 5k health at level 35, and can remove 3 debuffs/DoT's per spell cast....
Your DoT's end up doing little to no damage when only ticking for 70.

Also, at level 50, I expect those that focus health, could have close to a 10k healthpool.
a 200 damage tick, would be on the weak side....  

Here's the kicker: Bosses are immune to poison and darkness ticks. When OB opens, go test it on Skarr or Inaferus. Neither one of them take tick damage. They only take the initial damage.

The point of poisons are for mob grinds, and I'm guessing at level 40, mobs will have 4000-6000 hp, and at 50, 8000-9000.

The magic attack at 50 will be closer to 3000 (with the Imperial weapons I had 1650 in CB). The weapons will be higher, we will have level III and IV Runes, and we will have more base. On the scale I was using in the example, 20%, we're talking a skill with 4500 damage per cast (1500 base damage + 3000 in poison). We're supposed to have to use all our skills, not just one.

Now, krnx2's revision argument and yours I could possibly fly with. a Fixed base + 2% wouldn't be too damaging. At 2%, at 50, we're talking (80+ (.02*3000))*5 = 700 additional poison plus a 1500 magic attack base. In other words, around 2200 damage on mobs that have 9000. That's something I could live with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, something I want to point out:

There is no way the CB's skills are our only skills. There's still 2 more tabs, and you may very well be over-exaggerating the importance of a level 9 skill. For all we know on Skill tab II we might have a poison aoe with +500 damage ticks, and Tab III has +800 poison ticks.

Advertisement

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:49 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Now, something I want to point out:

There is no way the CB's skills are our only skills. There's still 2 more tabs, and you may very well be over-exaggerating the importance of a level 9 skill. For all we know on Skill tab II we might have a poison aoe with +500 damage ticks, and Tab III has +800 poison ticks.  

We have almost all the skills listed in the KR version.

We have more paladin/warrior skills than listed and a few less sorc/shadow....

I doubt they put in enough work to come up with 2 more pages of skill trees AND have them balanced before CBT.....

As to what those actually are, I have no idea. If I had to guess, I would guess the same as you, because that's the most likely, but, still very unlikely.

Zidane83

Rank 0
Zidane83
PostedNov 28, 2012 5:38 pm

shadowmage

I felt like there were more buffs then de-buffs, however my focus was attack without magic and i thought that the poison was very effective damage support. it would have been nice to work with more stat points but i can see how that might make the class to powerful and the healing is already too strong. and last but not least i didnt like that the class was gender locked.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 28, 2012 7:26 pm
synster14 wrote:

K KN Seems to not have a healing tree (which might answer some questions to me why the healing tree seems to be kind of crappily designed; it's basically 3 skills with the same effect, rather than HoT, regen, or anything else). They have

First Tier

Dark Bolt - Dark Bolt
Dark Circle - Dark Circle
Dark Scourge - Dark Aura
Darkness - Framework Nice Magic
Dark Cauldron - Dark Storm

Semi Tier:
Sacrifice - Framework Nice Magic
Dark Chaos - Chaos Payne
Paralytic Curse - Caicos Farrell Rise

Wolf Aspect - Deal Lugeon Wolf
Golem Aspect - Deal Lugeon: Golem
Wilding Aspect - Deal Lugeon: kaetsyu
Undead Legion Aspect - Deal Lugeon: Factor
Nature Aspect - Deal Lugeon: Oak (Revised Skill)

Poison Arrow - Poison erowoo
Poison Cloud - poison cloud
Mana Burn - Soul peer
Mana Drain - Mana drain

Darkness Armor - Darkness armor
Banshee Scream - health Scream
Mephisto Thorn - Thorns of Pain

Heal -?
Group Heal -?
Critical Heal -?
Healer -?

Skills we dont have:
Caicos bind
Concentration Weight
Mana Concentration
Summon Monster
Thorns Armor

They mention the possibility though, of higher levels of specific skills.
I'm guessing the addition of Mana Concentration (the Sorc skills) was added due to need for mana maintenance. I'm guessing the Summon Creature and other skills = their version of heals. It also would explain why we dont have stuns.

We can only guess whether we will get this exact tree, but tbh I'm hoping not as a game without a healing class kind of sucks, especially with how our armor is designed.

http://dk.halgame.com/GameInfo/Class

I couldnt find any information on the armor though...... did you see if they modded armor stats in theirs?

Thoreac

Rank 0
Thoreac
PostedNov 28, 2012 7:55 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
synster14 wrote:

K KN Seems to not have a healing tree (which might answer some questions to me why the healing tree seems to be kind of crappily designed; it's basically 3 skills with the same effect, rather than HoT, regen, or anything else).  

This answers so much! Thank you!

And thank Google for auto-translate! Smile

<br>Spoken as a man playing a (large breasted) cat-woman in a virtual world

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

I couldnt find any information on the armor though...... did you see if they modded armor stats in theirs?  

Well, uhm, Aeria changed all the values for everything....We have like 20X the hp/armor and such that the KR version does, it's all funky.

The KR version plays with smalll numbers. SMALL!
Max level sorc health pool of 500.

at level 35, were at 1200 base hp....

20 attack on a max level broadsword.....

Big changes...somethings won't scale right, lot's of balancing to be done.

As far as stats on the armor, I think one of the crafters we don't have access to can add stats to armor different from enchanting and runes.

Like weapons can be enchanted with an element, which will augment all the damage you do with that element.

Thoreac

Rank 0
Thoreac
PostedNov 28, 2012 8:10 pm
Will stuff like that be introduced into OB? Or is this a permanent difference between the English and KR versions of the game?

I know there are intended differences, I haven't seen any descriptions / official notes about them.

<br>Spoken as a man playing a (large breasted) cat-woman in a virtual world

Narcal

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:04 pm

ShadowMage

suggestions
Have some spell for movement. Sorc has Haste, SM has nothing. She moves SLOW.

I actually liked playing the SM more than the Sorc.

I echo the idea of an AoE spell.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Re: ShadowMage

suggestions
Narcal wrote:
Have some spell for movement. Sorc has Haste, SM has nothing. She moves SLOW.

I actually liked playing the SM more than the Sorc.

I echo the idea of an AoE spell.  

SM has wildling buff. Same speed buff as sorc. They stack, and SM's is party wide.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 29, 2012 12:34 am
synster14 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

Well, uhm, Aeria changed all the values for everything....We have like 20X the hp/armor and such that the KR version does, it's all funky.

The KR version plays with smalll numbers. SMALL!
Max level sorc health pool of 500.

at level 35, were at 1200 base hp....

20 attack on a max level broadsword.....

Big changes...somethings won't scale right, lot's of balancing to be done.

As far as stats on the armor, I think one of the crafters we don't have access to can add stats to armor different from enchanting and runes.

Like weapons can be enchanted with an element, which will augment all the damage you do with that element.  

Yeah I read about eles (something I didn't want to spoil yet), among other things like Emperor/Pope/Dukes, PK rewards, Rubik's Cube, Transformation, Random bonuses.

I find it amazing AGE is multiplying values ..... Surely they're multiplying both damage and hp, and defense, and mob stats as well...... so "surely" they're still the same balance? I really hope nothing gets screwed up there.... (I kind of wondered why HP runes were all so low values .... Now I might know).....

What confuses me is why they would go to the effort to do that? AGE is not a developer, which means SG has to do all these modifications for them. I'm very surprised SG would offer to do that for AGE. It speaks to AGE's control over their contract here (something I could applaud).

But anywho ...... this is SM thread. enough about all these updates we'll get lol.