t_n_t_racing

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 12:39 pm

SM is good please dont nerf

The SM is a good class as is so far great wor but I know you will nerf it because low life nub will think the SM is over powered. Every time a caster class is created they are awsome till nub loser mele classes get mad and then you dev teamers nerf the caster class and makes it suck.....mythical reality casters would kill mele every time faster that mele ever could ...every movie and story displys this so make the game fall suit and keep the caster classes strong.

now for improvements recast timers for a couple AOE spells are a tad slow and a stun type spell could be effective even if just added to one of the AOE attacks and a silence / stun type effect to reduce mele damage

PLEASE DONT MESS THIS GAME UP LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO SHAIYA

ah one more side note for improvement.......make areas or / dungions instanced to much competeing for areas makes for horrible imature rude game player techniqes. and increased drop rates for all high end items /gear makes the in game cash flow market fair and fun. KEEP THE GAME FUN AND ABOUT PLAYER SKILL NOT PLAYER GEAR...thank you
Advertisement

amallia

Rank 0
amallia
PostedNov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Shadowmage

The only thing I have found that is a problem is the cooldown time for party heal.Other than that,I love the class (: .

Have fun,make new friends =)

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 28, 2012 1:23 pm
krnx2 wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more about how other described us in PvE n PvP, but the other things I must state are :

1. Dot have a Fixed Damage, it actually does more damage at low level 90-120 ticks @ lv 1~15 is, and once ur near lvl 30 it only ticks about 70. I agree with Brian here, Need to be changed to % of your Magic attack. does more damage as level goes up, NOT lower.

If you went back and attacked those same mobs at level 35, you'd notice You do significant damage with every skill, not just the poison dots. The reason is for the first 12 levels of mobs, the mobs have been coded with a - resistance to all sorts of damage (30% more susceptible to damage).

I was critting over 1000 on some of them while farming red runes.

I can assure you that if you change poison, my SM will kill pulls three times as fast as any other class in the game. I can already solo kill 20 mob pulls in 8 seconds guaranteed (because I have to heal; if I don't have to heal it's even faster, like 4 seconds).

I simply cannot agree with the % of magic attack, because
1. Poison skills do base damage (the tick is just a bonus).
2. 5% of 1198 magic attack = 59.9 damage ticks. 10% of 1198 magic attack = 119.
5% of 400 magic attack would = 20.

In other words, at any rational "% of magic attack," It would actually hurt your ability to damage at low levels, and even at high levels, the impact would be very small. If you did 20% of magic attack, you'd have a skill that does 1700 damage for almost no cost (Base + 5 ticks of 200+).

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedNov 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: Shadowmage skills

reaction of mobs before the hit lands
suedeed wrote:
While i was playing both classes of shadowmage the healer with curses and the other dark magics with party buffs i noticed that when i cast a spell on a mob the mob takes agro before the hit lands on the mob can you fix that???I think its a problem and 1st time i meet it in a mmo.  

I noticed this some as well. I'm not sure, though, if it was due to server latency or was due to coding, because I don't think it happened consistently.

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedNov 28, 2012 1:46 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

If you went back and attacked those same mobs at level 35, you'd notice You do significant damage with every skill, not just the poison dots. The reason is for the first 12 levels of mobs, the mobs have been coded with a - resistance to all sorts of damage (30% more susceptible to damage).

I can assure you that if you change poison, my SM will kill pulls three times as fast as any other class in the game. I can already solo kill 20 mob pulls in 8 seconds guaranteed (because I have to heal; if I don't have to heal it's even faster, like 4 seconds).

I simply cannot agree with the % of magic attack, because
1. Poison skills do base damage (the tick is just a bonus).
2. 5% of 1198 magic attack = 59.9 damage ticks. 10% of 1198 magic attack = 119.
5% of 400 magic attack would = 20.

In other words, at any rational "% of magic attack," It would actually hurt your ability to damage at low levels, and even at high levels, the impact would be very small. If you did 20% of magic attack, you'd have a skill that does 1700 damage for almost no cost (Base + 5 ticks of 200+).  

Is it normal for low level to do less damage? I also hear that with OBT release lvl cap will raise to 50, Do you really thing its good idea that your dots will tick the same amount at lvl 50 as when ur lvl 20?

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 28, 2012 1:47 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

I don't see a problem with that.
If that's shadowmage damage at 50, that would be fine..

My sorc does that now.

1200 base + 5 ticks of 100.
Granted it has a 30 second cool down.

I made the suggestion for DoT's increasing based off of magic attack after the first day of CBT, give or take a few hours...

Think about this.
Nox, the final boss we were given for CBT, had 1.5 million HP.
Does anything less than 200 damage a tick sound right for that?
Not in my opinion.

You could have it scale off of both your magic attack AND your level.

How about this?
Your magic attack divided by your level + the base damage of the DoT?

So, if you have 2000 magic attack at level 50, and the DoT is 70 per tick, it would be:

2000/50 = 40

40+ 70 = 110.

I expect you'll have more than 2k magic attack, but you understand the idea.
If paladins have 5k health at level 35, and can remove 3 debuffs/DoT's per spell cast....
Your DoT's end up doing little to no damage when only ticking for 70.

Also, at level 50, I expect those that focus health, could have close to a 10k healthpool.
a 200 damage tick, would be on the weak side....

ALynn2012

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 2:13 pm
Also the lvl 41 boss had 1.12m hp i think, so yea 200 tick would still be nice and mobs after temple will probably have more health to. Id like for skills to not need the previous skill maxed though. For example, dark scourge requires dark circle which is relatively weak with a long cast time, and is a skill i only added to hotkeys for RvR to hopefully stun an enemy

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedNov 28, 2012 2:27 pm   Last edited by krnx2 on Nov 28, 2012 2:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total
[quote="synster1]You could have it scale off of both your magic attack AND your level.

How about this?
Your magic attack divided by your level + the base damage of the DoT?

So, if you have 2000 magic attack at level 50, and the DoT is 70 per tick, it would be:

2000/50 = 40

40+ 70 = 110.

I expect you'll have more than 2k magic attack, but you understand the idea.
[/quote]

I don't think Thats a good idea since there are possibilities alot of players wont get good gears to get so high magic attack, also to be having the same damage just because their level is the same, its not fair to those who spent many hours and effort getting better gear.
P.S.. Damage Calculation for magic = Magic attack/3 + skill description damage - Resist.
Example.. ur 1000 Magic attack / 3 + (lets just pretend) 100 Shadow Ball - 0 Resist(I didnt figure out Resist calculation yet even tho I know defense) = 433 Damage. This Calculation applies to all your spells (except heals) with no exception.

[quote="synster1]If paladins have 5k health at level 35, and can remove 3 debuffs/DoT's per spell cast....
Your DoT's end up doing little to no damage when only ticking for 70.

Also, at level 50, I expect those that focus health, could have close to a 10k healthpool.
a 200 damage tick, would be on the weak side....
[/quote]

^ most of our basic Hp regen is higher than 70. Exactly why you need all your abilities to grow as you grow cus they grow stronger, you grow stronger, and other things grow stronger, but this thing is the same as you were lvl 10? just ... wtf? lol
"Get this skill cus its totally good at low level"... " NO dont get it cus u never use it again after ur lvl 50" Do we really want/have to go thru this dilemma of choosing between end game or later game? Also I thought damage over time is one of the job description of ShadowMage..

Also Rekikyo, I NEVER said 20%. I only have mentioned %. It can even be the dot tick now (70) + 2% of your Magic Damage(again its only an example/idea it doesnt have to be). It's not much, but long as it can grow as your character grows, it will be usefull low AND high level.

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedNov 28, 2012 2:31 pm
ALynn2012 wrote:
Also the lvl 41 boss had 1.12m hp i think, so yea 200 tick would still be nice and mobs after temple will probably have more health to. Id like for skills to not need the previous skill maxed though. For example, dark scourge requires dark circle which is relatively weak with a long cast time, and is a skill i only added to hotkeys for RvR to hopefully stun an enemy  

OH, I also think its unfair we have 2 second casting time, 10 second cooldown spell with 50% chance of stun. Paladin got 2 spam able stuns with 50% 1 with 4s cd, other with 10s (u can get both as any side of the tree) and either one of them got cast time. Warriors got 1 Stun, but their major damages and attack speed that is greater than casting times, I just dont think its fair for us to have such a delayed skills with same chances of debuff.

triti

Rank 3
triti
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:05 pm
I believe the Shadowmage class is to OP why ?
Because this is a statement mabe by a friend of mine while killing
"This class is so cool i can tank kill heal at the same time"
Now being realistic my friend was way better than me at killing the mobs... as i wasnt even able to tank that much he could heal himself kill more mobs that i did and tank at the same time

A class should have some weakness could some 1 tell me which those are ... ?I can't really figure it out

I did not played the class but i always observed the others