korinkz

Rank 0
PostedDec 17, 2012 6:47 pm
Is there a "next friendly target" hotkey?
Advertisement

Drakz

Rank 0
Drakz
PostedDec 22, 2012 8:45 pm

ShadowMage Feedback

I found playing the Shadowmage quite enjoyable. Unlike in some games where the spell caster classes are too squishy even with armour buffs and other such things the Shadowmage could actually last in combat without having th rest after ever battle. Couldn't actualy tell sometimes if the poison I used on enemies had finished or not. I would also like it if a male of a race could be the Shadowmage. All in all a great class.

Alright let's go!!!

ricky512

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 12:41 am
I want ask question !!
did INT increase heal power??

Only Confincing ^_^
tq before ~

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 23, 2012 2:53 am
ricky512 wrote:
I want ask question !!

Only Confincing ^_^
tq before ~

I'm pretty sure Int/Magic attack raises heals yes. It IS only marginal though.

As a Battle SM, I only get Heal Lv3. The base heal on it is 250-350, and people who are just starting out tend to heal only 400-500 with it depending on the random runes they pick up on the way.

At 35 with a Heroic 5 slot staff and full 33 armor though completely linked and having around 1100 Magic attack, My heals went up to 600-1200.

What I don't know, is whether or not some of my heal increase was because of an ability to "critical" a heal (my SM had 169 Magic crit), or just purely because of magic attack. I'm guessing both, because if Heals follow the same suite as damage spells, you gain 1 heal per 5 magic attack. That would put me around 600 for a base heal (similar to my min).

ricky512

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 3:22 am
Rekikyo wrote:
ricky512 wrote:
I want ask question !!

Only Confincing ^_^
tq before ~

As a Battle SM, I only get Heal Lv3. The base heal on it is 250-350, and people who are just starting out tend to heal only 400-500 with it depending on the random runes they pick up on the way.

At 35 with a Heroic 5 slot staff and full 33 armor though completely linked and having around 1100 Magic attack, My heals went up to 600-1200.

What I don't know, is whether or not some of my heal increase was because of an ability to "critical" a heal (my SM had 169 Magic crit), or just purely because of magic attack. I'm guessing both, because if Heals follow the same suite as damage spells, you gain 1 heal per 5 magic attack. That would put me around 600 for a base heal (similar to my min).  

tq for information dude~
im appreciative for that information u give

aminru

Rank 2
aminru
PostedDec 23, 2012 5:38 am
Rekikyo wrote:
ricky512 wrote:
I want ask question !!

Only Confincing ^_^
tq before ~

I think we're going to need more testing for the parts bolded. Fiorine had 1007 matk, and Heal Lv3 was going for 900~1000hp heals. No, Fiorine did not have the Healer passive. Critical heal lv3, with its base heal of 450~500, was healing for a staggering 1500hp average. And this is with a +9 blue lv33 staff with various blue armor from lv25~33 (don't ask). At +7 blue staff (because a certain shadowmage cursed Fiorine and caused the staff to lose -2 in one go. Boo D: ), Heal Lv3 was still healing for about 900hp average. Crit heal was about... 1300hp I think? Considering the base heals of the two skills, I think these numbers match up.

As for you doing an upward of 1200 heals, I'll buy the possibility of it being a heal critical, especially it being based on your magic critical stat because Fiorine has about 1/5 of your mcrit stat, and that no heals crit. Yet. It's not the first time I've seen a game have this feature.

I still don't understand why your heals go for 600hp when your matk is higher than mine, you boast a better staff than I do (it's even at +10 when my staff is stuck at +7), and you have full lv33 gear with runes like mcrit, matk, con/def/dodge when I have mostly blue lv25~33 gear with runes mostly into hp/con/int/matk (ignore the runes selection. I didn't make this post to debate what runes a shadowmage should use. I don't even care about you pplz doing 1337 damage :/). I'd believe it if your heals went for 1200hp consistently. But you stated that those are likely critical heals. If that's true, it still doesn't explain that 600hp heals here and there.

Hmm, let me ask this. Of all the times where you used your Reg Heal, roughly how often do you heal for 1200hp, and roughly how often do you heal for 600hp? Maybe this can also shed some light on mcrit affecting heal criticals. Considering that you stated ingame that you do critical damage about 33% of the time, I would assume roughly the same ratio applies to heals.

...I still think heals should be based on wisdom. Just my opinion~~~

Snake.Eyes.

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 8:17 am
SM are great the way they are poison should not be playing a big rule as DPS. in shaiya Frost barrier does almost the same thing.. low lvls help alot but at higher lvls becomes less and less of an impact skill...SM are the healer class with skills that do deal damage but they should not be near as good as skills of a Sorc since Sorc(which need to be looked into do to not being high dmging) as dedicated to offense...SM are half and half the way i see them there a support class there gears should no be on par with melee class due to the fact melee classes have to come close in pvp cases to be able to dish out dmg while ranged classes can use there range..i do agree that somethings do need to be looked into...Resurrection skill should be taken away from the pally and added to the SM...i have not done any major bosses in the game but Pally should be the class to tank them not be looking to resurrect ppl that have fallen that is the job of a SM( Priest class)...in shaiya priests can get offensive skills aswell but are no way nearr on par with a mage and i think is the proper design.. lets say they get an AOE stun..plus poison gets bumped up a bit... plus 1s CD heals ( like said on few posts) + they get same def gears as melee classes + there a ranged class + there speed buffs..wouldnt that just make them the perfect class.. melee classes will be a thing of the past..wed have no classes coming up close for battles and everyone would be just shotting each other from afar... Melee are supposed to be more powerfull and have more defense due to the fact there front line brawlers while ranged classes should be shotting/healing from the back lines and expect there counter parts to come help them once the front line as been broken.MMOs are not supposed to be solo games ppl need to understand that ...every class can not be the same and if they were melee classes should get ranged attack aswell + poisons + summoning an ele +warrior should get healing ahh wat am i saying just make 1 class with all skills soo everyone will be happy Smile

maineiac14

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 4:41 pm
I only made it to level 20 as a SM and it would appear that it suffers from the same problems I had as a Priest in Shaiya. It is unbalanced when compared to DPS's. Everything takes time to cast aggravated even more by the animation, healing comes nowhere near the damage one takes in the same period of time by just one DPS, damage/heal seems based more on set amount than magic ability, in fact, I'm wondering if magic ability (INT) does anything at all really or whether I should simply just do CON and become a Rec Priest as I had to in Shaiya. I like the class but once again it seems that magic users are being shortchanged in damage vs melee damage. So perhaps this is merely something consistant across AGE. I do hope they fix it however.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 23, 2012 5:22 pm
aminru wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
ricky512 wrote:
I want ask question !!

Only Confincing ^_^
tq before ~

I think we're going to need more testing for the parts bolded. Fiorine had 1007 matk, and Heal Lv3 was going for 900~1000hp heals. No, Fiorine did not have the Healer passive. Critical heal lv3, with its base heal of 450~500, was healing for a staggering 1500hp average. And this is with a +9 blue lv33 staff with various blue armor from lv25~33 (don't ask). At +7 blue staff (because a certain shadowmage cursed Fiorine and caused the staff to lose -2 in one go. Boo D: ), Heal Lv3 was still healing for about 900hp average. Crit heal was about... 1300hp I think? Considering the base heals of the two skills, I think these numbers match up.

As for you doing an upward of 1200 heals, I'll buy the possibility of it being a heal critical, especially it being based on your magic critical stat because Fiorine has about 1/5 of your mcrit stat, and that no heals crit. Yet. It's not the first time I've seen a game have this feature.

I still don't understand why your heals go for 600hp when your matk is higher than mine, you boast a better staff than I do (it's even at +10 when my staff is stuck at +7), and you have full lv33 gear with runes like mcrit, matk, con/def/dodge when I have mostly blue lv25~33 gear with runes mostly into hp/con/int/matk (ignore the runes selection. I didn't make this post to debate what runes a shadowmage should use. I don't even care about you pplz doing 1337 damage :/). I'd believe it if your heals went for 1200hp consistently. But you stated that those are likely critical heals. If that's true, it still doesn't explain that 600hp heals here and there.

Hmm, let me ask this. Of all the times where you used your Reg Heal, roughly how often do you heal for 1200hp, and roughly how often do you heal for 600hp? Maybe this can also shed some light on mcrit affecting heal criticals. Considering that you stated ingame that you do critical damage about 33% of the time, I would assume roughly the same ratio applies to heals.

...I still think heals should be based on wisdom. Just my opinion~~~  

I'd say about 25% of the time I had a low heal. More often than not I healed 900-1200. But every once in awhile at around 1100 hp left, I'd get this 688 heal that didn't fill my hp bar. My higher heals however, quite often filled my hp, so I dont quite know my exact maximum.

And my gear was not Dodge linked in the end. It was 1 piece Mattack, 4 pieces Crit +30, Defense +40 on all, 3 pieces Con +5 2 pieces Int +5 and staff had a defense +30 in 4th slot.

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2012 9:33 pm
Just putting it out there. my sorceress with exactly 1.3k m atk healed my elemental summon for about 800 i want to say there were some 1k+ heals but i cant be sure and the modifier for the level 1 heal which i used was 200-300 i believe possibly 250-350 but i am certain it wasn't higher.

1300/5= 260 even using the high end of 350 i should only heal 610 and im sure i never healed less then 750ish. its possible that the elemental heal works differently then shadowmage heal though besides the obvious can only heal summon.