giobbolino

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:53 pm
shadowmage need to be equilibrate, in solo a shadowmage can tank,heal and dps.
if we suppose its an healer/buffs class he doesnt need all the aoe, dot and damage skills he has, maybe he can has resurrection skill and something else inherent healing classes.
he should has healing skills and buffs skill, and some damage skills but not the aoe and dot.
in the CBT he was the strongest class capable to get an intere room in the temple at lvl 3 in solo... came on its a mage guys! i've never seen something like that in all the games i have played
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:48 am
annsachd wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Sacrifice has a CD? Im pretty sure it was low ..... I had level 1 on one of my SM's and I could use it any time I needed it ....  

Sacrifice has a 5 min CD  

So far someone says 1 min someone says 5 min, and someone else says spammable Smile

giobbolino; ALL DK classes are technically supposed to be damage dealers. Healing was only added here because Not having them in KN hurt the game. I mean think about it; Where have you ever seen a Shadow Mage, dealing in Death and Poison, Heal? Maybe life steal, but not heals.

Even on a SM floor 3 temple isn't easy. You get distracted for a few seconds solo, and those mobs can wipe you. You have to keep healing to live.

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedDec 03, 2012 12:52 am
SS of Sacrifice Skill so there's no more confusion regarding it ;o

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

giobbolino

Rank 0
PostedDec 03, 2012 1:14 am
Rekikyo wrote:
annsachd wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Sacrifice has a CD? Im pretty sure it was low ..... I had level 1 on one of my SM's and I could use it any time I needed it ....  

Sacrifice has a 5 min CD  

So far someone says 1 min someone says 5 min, and someone else says spammable Smile

giobbolino; ALL DK classes are technically supposed to be damage dealers. Healing was only added here because Not having them in KN hurt the game. I mean think about it; Where have you ever seen a Shadow Mage, dealing in Death and Poison, Heal? Maybe life steal, but not heals.

Even on a SM floor 3 temple isn't easy. You get distracted for a few seconds solo, and those mobs can wipe you. You have to keep healing to live.  

yeah i know, when i created my SM and i saw the right tree with healing skills and the left side with all buffs skill i said "WTF, this isnt a shadow mage... this is a priest!"... i thought was a poison, dot damage, like you said a life steal class.
so if we suppose its an healer class he doesnt need damage,aoe,dot skills, otherwise if he is the "classic" SM he doesnt need healing skills because if he has all of these skills its an overpower class.

glindenm

Rank 0
glindenm
PostedDec 03, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Shadowmage skills

reaction of mobs before the hit lands
LalaHeat wrote:
suedeed wrote:
While i was playing both classes of shadowmage the healer with curses and the other dark magics with party buffs i noticed that when i cast a spell on a mob the mob takes agro before the hit lands on the mob can you fix that???I think its a problem and 1st time i meet it in a mmo.  

yeah i noticed that too, i also noticed the fact, as mentioned earlier, that there were skills i didn't want and had nothing to do with the branch i was working on that i still had to get just to open the lower level of the branch... and how increasing the skill lvl of various spells did basically nothing. good majority of the time poison arrow didn't inflict poison, and another skill that should have inflicted shock at least once, never did... Even though i do like basically having a Battle Priest from lvl 1 Shadowmage at the start does seem over powered. Yet i must agree with several that its rather pointless to be overwhelming in the begining only to find the higher you go the less effective your spells/attacks/etc are because they are not increasing in effectivness but rather the opposite. in fact from what little i played it seemed my stat points did nothing but affect my hp/mp and at teh begining with hp/mp recharge so strong and continuous (ie keeps recharging even during battle) those benifits basically mean nothing anyways. it would be nice if the dots and status spells (which according to the game is what a SM is about) were affected and enhanced by skill lvling and stat lvling... Honestly... in that way, you can have more variety of spells cuz even though it might take forever, spells that you started with would continue to lvl up in effectiveness as your character lvld, so we wouldn't have need for five or more ssdd poison spells. And i agree that aoe would be nice too, aoe+dot spell that say group poisoned for say 30 secs, with so so amount of damage taken ever 5 secs.. or 15 with dmg every 3 secs... Something like that, to actually utilize the SM calling card. and definately need the option for another weapon besides a staff considering the SM doesn't have a bind spell. if the sm has capabilities to melee (or just no choice) then a better weapons choice is fitting... or ability to run and cast...

I would also like to point out that the hot key set up and camera movement was extremely tricky... not to mention really messed battle up when being ganked from another angle. I'm used to using the aswd to go left back up and right with the camera just auto positioning at my back and the arrow keys to manually move the camera if i so wish. Here, i always had to manually move camera with mouse, and setting up the hotkey for 'switch target' doesnt do anything either... i'd 'switch' and in the end not target anything or stay on previous target... so not only am i manipulating camera with the mouse, but also targeting at the same time... and further more on hotkey setup... the user options has several hotkeys boxes, yet the only box that actually activates is the one that already has the qwerty numbers and F# buttons set... i had to change (then change back due to the mouse/target problem) to 10 key pad. Which honestly is a more logical hotkey set up instead of using the same hand for movement and attacking... but i found more often than not my arms criss crossing due to having to handle the mouse and 10 key.  

Idk, the poison arrow and group poison worked like a charm to me. Though you are right on the move that knocks-out your opponent every so often, doesn't really very often. I wish they would put a % on these or not 'may' but 'will' put poison on this target. Because 'may' varies way too much, it can be 30%, 60% even 95% :/

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedDec 03, 2012 9:06 am
giobbolino wrote:

yeah i know, when i created my SM and i saw the right tree with healing skills and the left side with all buffs skill i said "WTF, this isnt a shadow mage... this is a priest!"... i thought was a poison, dot damage, like you said a life steal class.
so if we suppose its an healer class he doesnt need damage,aoe,dot skills, otherwise if he is the "classic" SM he doesnt need healing skills because if he has all of these skills its an overpower class.  

It's a Shadow Priest with a leg missing Very Happy
n... i should have mentioned Sacrificed CD earlier lol. I knew it was 5 min. but i was more caught up about the amount.
DoTs do proc very often, maybe u dont notice cus they r the ones already dead xD.
btw.. isnt it weird that Shadow"mage" has poison and bleed o-o?? lol such a rogue skills xD
I demand the name to be changed to Curse of.... or other shadowy names lol.

xkanux14

Rank 0
xkanux14
PostedDec 03, 2012 7:36 pm   Last edited by xkanux14 on Dec 04, 2012 5:12 am. Edited 1 time in total
ok to all you fools that say you run outta mana spaming instant heals here u go
Manapots 80 mp per sec
Sacrifice 550 mana on 5 min cd but Fights only last around 1 min if that
and then
ManaDrain at level 2 drains 400 mana gives you 400 mana back at a 10 sec cd pretty much spamable and thats level 2 as i said before YOU DONT GO OOM from spaming ur instant heals lol the instant heal needs a cd hands down if its not gona have a cast time.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/Cheriilynn/DK%20Screenshots/SM%20skills/ManaDrain.jpg

divvsy

Rank 0
divvsy
PostedDec 03, 2012 9:36 pm
It's okay kanu, let them buff SM more.

My pocket healer (or retard magnet) could always be more OP. ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedDec 04, 2012 8:38 pm
xkanux14 wrote:
Manapots 80 mp per sec
and then
ManaDrain at level 2 drains 400 mana gives you 400 mana back at a 10 sec cd pretty much spamable and thats level 2 as i said before YOU DONT GO OOM from spaming ur instant heals lol the instant heal needs a cd hands down if its not gona have a cast time.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/Cheriilynn/DK%20Screenshots/SM%20skills/ManaDrain.jpg  

Giving an Instant Heal cast time would more or less derp the whole concept of an "instant heal."

As for the CD, still against it. If it needs to be added, I suggest 3 (5 second CD at most), as well as nerfing the amount it heals. Truthfully, most instant heals are never this strong in any game. I was shocked to see this one was as strong as it was. In most scenarios, highest form of instant heal is around 500/600, not 1000 and up.

PVE wise this skill really is never necessary, at least in my experience. Primarily used for PVP.

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 04, 2012 10:02 pm
annsachd wrote:
xkanux14 wrote:
Manapots 80 mp per sec
and then

Giving an Instant Heal cast time would more or less derp the whole concept of an "instant heal."

As for the CD, still against it. If it needs to be added, I suggest 3 (5 second CD at most), as well as nerfing the amount it heals. Truthfully, most instant heals are never this strong in any game. I was shocked to see this one was as strong as it was. In most scenarios, highest form of instant heal is around 500/600, not 1000 and up.

PVE wise this skill really is never necessary, at least in my experience. Primarily used for PVP.  

This is just throwing up numbers. It's true that alot of games cap heals around the point where it heals 20-50% HP, but those games also tend to have builds where you can raise defense to insane levels, requiring lower heals, or raise evade to the point where you don't require many heals.

I didn't build a pure evade or defense build, but my toon was 100% linked for CB. I had 40 Dodge runes on 5 armors, I had a full set of Inaferus's Magic Dodge accessories. My gear was all enchanted to 10. The rest was pretty much attack based. In other words I had 200 more dodge than most players. A full pull in Temple still took me down to 40% hp between every single skill, and keep in mind this is a fully designed toon, which a decent chunk of its build sent to evade.

In other words, even in PVE, the defensive measures of this game are really low. Now use that toon in pvp. It builds a situation where decreasing the heals by too much, will lead to an inevitable fail of pvp.

If the pvp formulas are similar to other games, to make Dodge pheasible in pvp, we're talking about 1500 Dodge to really make it competitive. To make defense a pheasible stat, we're talking about needing 2000 defense +. I don't see either of those happening.

So, until those conditions are possible, I dont see comparing this game to "other games" to be a good idea. We need to focus more on how this game affects this game.

I personally say heal size is fine. But we need stuns and we need CD's that restrict spam, and in some cases we need cast times long enough to interrupt. There's nothing like a way to make a heal fail to make it unpredictable and fun.