Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 02, 2012 5:17 am
annsachd wrote:
MPure wrote:
Critical heal could really use a cool down to be balanced  

Critical heal eats up quite a bit of MP. Lv 1 is 200 MP, Lv 2 250, Lv 3 300. It empties your mana pool rather quickly. A CD for it I think it rather unnecessary. If anything, nerf the amount it would heal. I think having an instant cast heal is somewhat necessary if you consider normal heals have a 3 sec CD, group heal 12 sec. This is basically the skill you use when both Heal and Group Heal are on CD and you need a fast, easy way to heal.  

300 mp really isn't much when you have a pot that gives 80 mp a sec in regen in ADDITION to 115 MP regen from Wis stats. If you spam those pots, that's roughly a 105 MP cost, which allows 20 heals.

In pvp, 20 heals = time to kill everyone in opposing faction, and then time to recover to full mp, and wait for the next volley.

I also wouldn't be surprised if in future we dont have a 120 mp/160 MP Potion as well.

Also, as Fae said, Sacrifice gives her 900 Mana instantaneously for 500 hp, so technically she doesn't even need pots. Sacrifice alone keeps CH useable and spammable.

It either needs a cast time, or a cooldown. Otherwise it's not a secondary skill, but rather a primary and an overpowered one.

Advertisement

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedDec 02, 2012 5:22 am
I never used it as a primary skill myself, but I can't speak for other shadowmages. Which is why I suggest nerfing the amount is heals, as opposed to the CD.

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

glindenm

Rank 0
glindenm
PostedDec 02, 2012 12:09 pm
annsachd wrote:
MPure wrote:

Critical heal eats up quite a bit of MP. Lv 1 is 200 MP, Lv 2 250, Lv 3 300. It empties your mana pool rather quickly. A CD for it I think it rather unnecessary. If anything, nerf the amount it would heal. I think having an instant cast heal is somewhat necessary if you consider normal heals have a 3 sec CD, group heal 12 sec. This is basically the skill you use when both Heal and Group Heal are on CD and you need a fast, easy way to heal.  

Exactly what I was trying to say (:

glindenm

Rank 0
glindenm
PostedDec 02, 2012 12:12 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
annsachd wrote:
MPure wrote:

300 mp really isn't much when you have a pot that gives 80 mp a sec in regen in ADDITION to 115 MP regen from Wis stats. If you spam those pots, that's roughly a 105 MP cost, which allows 20 heals.

In pvp, 20 heals = time to kill everyone in opposing faction, and then time to recover to full mp, and wait for the next volley.

I also wouldn't be surprised if in future we dont have a 120 mp/160 MP Potion as well.

Also, as Fae said, Sacrifice gives her 900 Mana instantaneously for 500 hp, so technically she doesn't even need pots. Sacrifice alone keeps CH useable and spammable.

It either needs a cast time, or a cooldown. Otherwise it's not a secondary skill, but rather a primary and an overpowered one.  

Sacrifice has a large CD though, so it alone can't exactly save her MP. She would still have to keep her MP up. If Sacrifice gives 900MP and a level 3 CH costs 300MP that's only 3 heals from sacrifice.

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedDec 02, 2012 3:17 pm
Guys!! please read my post that I have made at Page 8.
I have included all of this I think... Also a reply with +1 or -1 with supporting reasons would be much appreciated.

(Feels like this forum is going in circles... OTL... )

krnx2

Rank 0
krnx2
PostedDec 02, 2012 3:18 pm
glindenm wrote:
Sacrifice has a large CD though, so it alone can't exactly save her MP. She would still have to keep her MP up. If Sacrifice gives 900MP and a level 3 CH costs 300MP that's only 3 heals from sacrifice.  

She did mention also MP potions.... and literally with pots, u will never run out of MP.
I had Lv. 1 Sacrifice and my gear wasnt near as good as her's but I grind for 5 hours straight without needing a break thanks to MP potions.

Mp pot gives u 80mp every 2sec for 20second duration = 800mp with 30sec cooldown
If you add your basic regen (lets just say its like...) 100mp per 5s for 30s = 800mp
800(pot) + 600(Regen) every 30 seconds, most likely more depending on your Wis n gear.
Literally the only way to run out of with mana while using potions is to spam Critical Heal.
But when your CH heals you for 1.9k HP You really dont have to spam.

Another thing is.. I'm pretty positive that Sacrifice:

Lv1 500HP > 350 MP
Lv2 600HP > 450MP
Lv3 700HP > 550MP
I could be wrong.. but I just know its not that much.

P.S... Who have spam Critical Heal before raise ur hand !!!! (- _-)//
I admit I have spammed CH on a girl playing a Mage and her brother thought she was watching p0r_n
Our developers r so thoughtful, they even thought of our lonely men souls O_o....

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 02, 2012 4:48 pm
Sacrifice has a CD? Im pretty sure it was low ..... I had level 1 on one of my SM's and I could use it any time I needed it ....

sjhotwings

Rank 0
sjhotwings
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:28 pm   Last edited by sjhotwings on Dec 03, 2012 8:49 am. Edited 2 times in total
Lv3 700HP > 550MP ( 1 min CD )<-- this is correct , so sacrifice is useless Smile. CH at lvl 3 300 mp , so u can only use CH once .

sorry Sacrifice has 5 mins CD lol

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedDec 02, 2012 10:55 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Sacrifice has a CD? Im pretty sure it was low ..... I had level 1 on one of my SM's and I could use it any time I needed it ....  

Sacrifice has a 5 min CD

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

LalaHeat

Rank 1
LalaHeat
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Re: Shadowmage skills

reaction of mobs before the hit lands
suedeed wrote:
While i was playing both classes of shadowmage the healer with curses and the other dark magics with party buffs i noticed that when i cast a spell on a mob the mob takes agro before the hit lands on the mob can you fix that???I think its a problem and 1st time i meet it in a mmo.  

yeah i noticed that too, i also noticed the fact, as mentioned earlier, that there were skills i didn't want and had nothing to do with the branch i was working on that i still had to get just to open the lower level of the branch... and how increasing the skill lvl of various spells did basically nothing. good majority of the time poison arrow didn't inflict poison, and another skill that should have inflicted shock at least once, never did... Even though i do like basically having a Battle Priest from lvl 1 Shadowmage at the start does seem over powered. Yet i must agree with several that its rather pointless to be overwhelming in the begining only to find the higher you go the less effective your spells/attacks/etc are because they are not increasing in effectivness but rather the opposite. in fact from what little i played it seemed my stat points did nothing but affect my hp/mp and at teh begining with hp/mp recharge so strong and continuous (ie keeps recharging even during battle) those benifits basically mean nothing anyways. it would be nice if the dots and status spells (which according to the game is what a SM is about) were affected and enhanced by skill lvling and stat lvling... Honestly... in that way, you can have more variety of spells cuz even though it might take forever, spells that you started with would continue to lvl up in effectiveness as your character lvld, so we wouldn't have need for five or more ssdd poison spells. And i agree that aoe would be nice too, aoe+dot spell that say group poisoned for say 30 secs, with so so amount of damage taken ever 5 secs.. or 15 with dmg every 3 secs... Something like that, to actually utilize the SM calling card. and definately need the option for another weapon besides a staff considering the SM doesn't have a bind spell. if the sm has capabilities to melee (or just no choice) then a better weapons choice is fitting... or ability to run and cast...

I would also like to point out that the hot key set up and camera movement was extremely tricky... not to mention really messed battle up when being ganked from another angle. I'm used to using the aswd to go left back up and right with the camera just auto positioning at my back and the arrow keys to manually move the camera if i so wish. Here, i always had to manually move camera with mouse, and setting up the hotkey for 'switch target' doesnt do anything either... i'd 'switch' and in the end not target anything or stay on previous target... so not only am i manipulating camera with the mouse, but also targeting at the same time... and further more on hotkey setup... the user options has several hotkeys boxes, yet the only box that actually activates is the one that already has the qwerty numbers and F# buttons set... i had to change (then change back due to the mouse/target problem) to 10 key pad. Which honestly is a more logical hotkey set up instead of using the same hand for movement and attacking... but i found more often than not my arms criss crossing due to having to handle the mouse and 10 key.