Advertisement

Tauredhiel

Rank 0
Tauredhiel
PostedNov 29, 2012 1:48 pm
Z.e.K.e wrote:
WARRIORS NEED CHARGE SKILL!  

I couldn't disagree more...

If warriors get a charge skill then casters need their defense tripled so that they dont get 'one-shot'.
Casters cannot cast whilst running, so as soon as they try to attack you will catch up with them.

As you say, virtually all other games have a charge skill, but they aren't balanced. Omitting the charge skill from DK really evens things up between casters and melee classes...and that can only be good long term for the game.

Overall I thought that warrior was just about perfect, but the other classes need to be adjusted to be balanced.

I didn't think much of the animations though...the skills just don't seem to flow together, maybe at high level with faster attack it works better.

Zodrag5

Rank 0
Zodrag5
PostedNov 29, 2012 5:17 pm
I say the only thing i don't like about warriors is that they are dependent on other to heal them.

So that means warriors can't really do anything solo. You can't depend on the potions because they barely heal you and its very slow while the other classes can heal themselves instantly.

Warriors suck in one vs one pvping or training solo unless they go into tank build but then warriors are just like the Paladin class, weak and plus warriors can't heal themselves.

divvsy

Rank 0
divvsy
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Zodrag5 wrote:
I say the only thing i don't like about warriors is that they are dependent on other to heal them.

So that means warriors can't really do anything solo. You can't depend on the potions because they barely heal you and its very slow while the other classes can heal themselves instantly.

Warriors suck in one vs one pvping or training solo unless they go into tank build but then warriors are just like the Paladin class, weak and plus warriors can't heal themselves.  

Then I guess it's a good thing this game isn't centered around solo play.

bgpuma19

Rank 0
bgpuma19
PostedNov 29, 2012 8:35 pm
I played a level 35 warrior(Free Knights) and participated in most RvR's and Castle sieges and plan to also play in the future. There are only 2 things about the class that I'm concerned about, but I believe you guys did a great job overall with the Warrior class though.

First and foremost, is the necessity for a charge skill. I have taken out many casters in castle siege and noticed that this task became very difficult when the caster(s) had 1 or 2 paladin bodyguards.

Paladins can soak up so much damage that the caster will kill me before I can even get close to killing the paladin. Keep in mind I'm also being bombarded with stuns from both the casters and paladins.

Even with 4k life as a warrior, the sorceress's burst damage is so high, just 2 or 3 can take me out in under 10 seconds even with a personal healer(Imagine how it must be like for the average warrior with 2.5k HP buffed.

A charge skill or any kind of burst of speed for the warrior would definitely make the class more viable in pvp and not just an easy frag for a sorceress.

I can see a few players are like, "Oh my God this will totally break the whole game.." no it will not. They are only looking through their own class's perspective. Sorceresses know that the warrior is handicapped and want to keep it that way.

Warriors will still die after charging at their target, their party is behind them and their healer has to run forward to get in range to heal them, exposing themselves to the other team.

Again, I do not believe this will unbalance the game, it will just call for more strategic, defensive tactics in PvP and will balance out Warrior vs Caster situations. Warriors aren't much of a threat to casters in mid-long range right now, but with a charge skill they are a force to be reckoned with, and a reason why warriors should be viewed as more of a threat than a sitting duck. I've discussed this with a few in my guild who are casters and they do agree some sort of adjustment similar to what I mentioned is needed for the Warrior.

And in PvP there are always runners trying to escape with what little HP they have left. Runners have already lost the battle, charge simply makes it easier to officially obtain that kill and those points you should have gotten for beating them.

This will make PvP at castle sieges and RvR more thrilling and exciting.

The other thing about the Warrior I am worried about is the Stat, STR. I really love the classic stat point spending in MMORPG's, but Strength only adds 1 point of attack, which I believe is not very appealing and worth spending that stat point on.

I went pure STR in CBT but only had around 40 more attack than the average warrior. Its not a really large problem, considering we have a wide variety of runes to link in our gear. I used to play Shaiya where you can get up to 9 stat points a level so I guess my experience with that game is influencing my expectations of this game. I would mainly just like to see the stats like STR or possibly INT for sorceresses to be more effective for overall DPS.

Just my opinion, thanks for reading! ^^

ryankyle11

Rank 0
ryankyle11
PostedNov 30, 2012 7:03 am

warrior

skills
charge skill or running speed & attack speed. thats what a warrior needs. we all know in reality and in movies that warrior is always the main man when it comes to Killing. and to do that, warrior should have the right skill and the right damage.

xolotlx

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 3:30 pm
bgpuma19 wrote:
I played a level 35 warrior(Free Knights) and participated in most RvR's and Castle sieges and plan to also play in the future. There are only 2 things about the class that I'm concerned about, but I believe you guys did a great job overall with the Warrior class though.

First and foremost, is the necessity for a charge skill. I have taken out many casters in castle siege and noticed that this task became very difficult when the caster(s) had 1 or 2 paladin bodyguards.

Paladins can soak up so much damage that the caster will kill me before I can even get close to killing the paladin. Keep in mind I'm also being bombarded with stuns from both the casters and paladins.

Even with 4k life as a warrior, the sorceress's burst damage is so high, just 2 or 3 can take me out in under 10 seconds even with a personal healer(Imagine how it must be like for the average warrior with 2.5k HP buffed.

A charge skill or any kind of burst of speed for the warrior would definitely make the class more viable in pvp and not just an easy frag for a sorceress.

I can see a few players are like, "Oh my God this will totally break the whole game.." no it will not. They are only looking through their own class's perspective. Sorceresses know that the warrior is handicapped and want to keep it that way.

Warriors will still die after charging at their target, their party is behind them and their healer has to run forward to get in range to heal them, exposing themselves to the other team.

Again, I do not believe this will unbalance the game, it will just call for more strategic, defensive tactics in PvP and will balance out Warrior vs Caster situations. Warriors aren't much of a threat to casters in mid-long range right now, but with a charge skill they are a force to be reckoned with, and a reason why warriors should be viewed as more of a threat than a sitting duck. I've discussed this with a few in my guild who are casters and they do agree some sort of adjustment similar to what I mentioned is needed for the Warrior.

And in PvP there are always runners trying to escape with what little HP they have left. Runners have already lost the battle, charge simply makes it easier to officially obtain that kill and those points you should have gotten for beating them.

This will make PvP at castle sieges and RvR more thrilling and exciting.

The other thing about the Warrior I am worried about is the Stat, STR. I really love the classic stat point spending in MMORPG's, but Strength only adds 1 point of attack, which I believe is not very appealing and worth spending that stat point on.

I went pure STR in CBT but only had around 40 more attack than the average warrior. Its not a really large problem, considering we have a wide variety of runes to link in our gear. I used to play Shaiya where you can get up to 9 stat points a level so I guess my experience with that game is influencing my expectations of this game. I would mainly just like to see the stats like STR or possibly INT for sorceresses to be more effective for overall DPS.

Just my opinion, thanks for reading! ^^  

I agree with you about the STR stat for warriors, I lvled 2 lvl 35 warriors and these where the results:

lvl 35 full str: 25 crit about 40 attack more than full con, hp about 2.7k (3.4k+ with shadowmage buffs)

lvl 35 full con: about 1.2k hp more than full str warrior which came to about 3.9k hp with my buff (5k+ hp with shadow mage buffs)

rune setup on all gears was red= 40 crit | yellow= 75/100 hp | blue= 30 accuracy

without a doubt in my experience the full con warrior was much better for both farming and pvp, was able to out tank many melee and charging staffs was not a problem...

the 25 crit from lvl 35 is a joke because 1 red rune beats out the crit from 50 STR, I would like to see 1 rune beat out 1k+ hp difference from a full con build...

for a full str build to be viable they would have to increase the crit, attack bonus and possibly add armor/def and attack speed for builds who focus on raising there main attack stat

Also the only skills that where pretty weak are blade dance and death rattle:

Blade Dance: the attack speed given is horrible, and if you lvl the skill it actually becomes even worse to use since the cool down is increased by 1 minute. The only possible fix for this skill in my pov is to either increase the attack speed, lower the cooldown or add a life leech attribute to the skill so warriors who go full attack have some minimal form of regaining life back...

Death Rattle: very situational skill hardly ever even made a difference, and this is another reason that a full con warrior is also atm clearly superior to a full str warrior because 20% hp for a 5k warrior is much easier to hit... An easy fix for this skill is to increase the life life % needed to activate the skill per lvl, so a lvl 2 death rattle could require 30% life to activate and lvl 3 would require 40% life to trigger...

overall the warrior was a fun class to play but if paladins had 2 dependable aoe's for clearing mobs there would be absolutely no reason to play a warrior as the game is now.

dalgia555

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2012 7:03 am
Besides of all that, i would oso like if all job can have more hairstyle to change, every1 hav different kind of avatar will make this game more interesting.

Other than that, if this game could change their attack type, from clicking monster to attack the monster, y not attack whenever we left click ( im nt really good in explaining, hope u all can understand XD) , i think it would be a much more better game but i doesnt really think it will change since it will need alot of work in it XD

jiwariskterz

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2012 11:18 am

New weapon

I really think that adding Axe as a weapon for worrior would be cool.

allisvanity

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 7:21 pm
A few suggestion like adding more weapons like whips, katanas, spears, a solo 1 handed sword which doesnt require shield assistance also better loking gears please. against spell casters or elemental mobs they should have gears that have 5 def stats. 5 def meaning defense against all 5 elements which could help the warrior and even spell casters aginst each other also gears with more than 1 stat. That is all for now.