Taz

Aeria: Product Manager
Taz
PostedNov 26, 2012 1:10 pm

[Class Discussion] Warrior

Hail Dragon Knights!

Everyone has had a chance to dig in, get their hands dirty, and try out the classes in DK Online. We have received a tremendous amount of feedback and many suggestions. We are reading and compiling everything.

For this thread we want to focus specifically on the Warrior. How does the class feel to you if you have played it, or have played against it? How does it rank against other classes? What can be improved? What might need to be balanced better? Let us know here!

Please keep all feedback constructive and specific to the Warrior class. Easiest way to do this is to not respond to other people, post your feedback and leave what other people post alone. Flames will be removed, and any useful feedback within them will be lost--so please do not flame, your feedback is important.

Warrior Feedback

Skills:
-Modify Cooldown
-Charge skill
-AoE skills

V
Advertisement

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 26, 2012 1:30 pm
1) Net Toss is the main hold skill, since it have not any damage, it need to be changed from

2,5s effect ; 15m range; 30s cooldown; istant cast; (Stats at level 3)
to
6s effect ; 15m range; 15s cooldown; istant cast; (Stats at level 3)
and if possible maybe
Add damage; 4s effect ; 15m range; 15s cooldown; istant cast; (Stats at level 3)

2) Purge cooldown is insane. It should be 300s and not 600s and the duration should be changed from 35s to 60s.

3) If it's not like that, the shield MUST block ANY kind of damage (Physical and Magic)

4) Shield Blessing should be changed to be a 30min buff and not like that, with reduced bonuses (half i think, so not 250 but 125 at level 3).

5) Battle Cry cooldown is insane, and the range must be increased a bit.

6) Death Rattle shuld be % based and not Fixed rate (Something like +10%, +20%, +30% for each level).

7) Empower cooldown should be 120s and not 300s. The Attack Speed bonus should be % based (something like +50% and not +150 as fixed).

8) Martyr penality should be % based and not fixed rate (something like -5% then -10% and -15% for each level of -P.Def). Obviously also the bonus should be % based (something like +2,5% then +5% and +10% for each level of +P.Atk)

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedNov 26, 2012 3:33 pm   Last edited by MPure on Nov 27, 2012 2:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I feel warriors are good at what they are designed to do. (Unlike the sorc)

Pros:
-Has a 50% chance stun and a 50% chance slow skill + a net on the right tree.
-Spammable dps skills
-Has two aoe's, one of which is all the way at the bottom of the tree though.
-Naturally high HP
-Best 1v1 class
-Good survivability skills on the right tree, and dps on the left.

Cons:
-Vulnerable in group pvp, very dependent on having support. Very ineffective without heals.
-Stun/slow aren't reliable, easily kited if these do not proc.
-Going for the second aoe prevents you from getting the goodness that is the right tree.
-Can't solo bosses which SM and Pally can.
-Can't solo grind very efficiently.
-Being only 35 restricts us from exploring both trees (Can be said for all classes)

Anyways, I have a hard time really forming an opinion with only 35 levels on my warrior. You need a shadow mage backing you to push your limits in PVP, and I have a feeling as we level up, heals will slowly lose effectiveness.

This can also be considered a shadow mage imbalance, and not a warriors.

If not for the support of shadow mages, I would probly roll a paladin in OBT and not a warrior again.

defiantscum0722

Rank 0
defiantscum0722
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:00 pm
I love my warrior ATM. Two AOE's that can really do damage in PVE. Mass PVP wise, I haven't really pushed mine to the limit since EOS is still underpowered at the moment. The level 35 restriction is still a pain since you get forced to focus on one skill tree.

Shadow127

Rank 0
Shadow127
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Skills

I feel warriors are balanced well the only thing i did not care for and feel is a wasted talent/skill right now is martyr and blade dance either the martyr doesn't take away the right amount of defense or it's nerfed in some way I have it maxed and it barely adds to my damage. As for Blade Dance the 2 min cooldown for a 60 second skill use is very long especially for a skill that doesn't add a ton of attack speed at all. I'm not sure what can fix it but to me it's not worth the points to go down that path even at later levels. Best fix might be shorter cooldown time (90 seconds?) or better effect of attack speed per point spent. As it is those skills just don't feel like they are worth the points.

callizer

Rank 0
callizer
PostedNov 26, 2012 9:47 pm
I feel like stuns/slows must be 100% proc and not 50% proc like now. Warriors already have a problem tanking damage from ranged classes and if the stun fails we need to wait 10 seconds to do it again.
I know there is a net skill on the right tree but with lv 35 cap it's hard to get it without sacrificing damage skills from left tree

Z.e.K.e

Rank 0
Z.e.K.e
PostedNov 27, 2012 3:38 am
This is an easy one. WARRIORS NEED CHARGE SKILL! first game with a warrior class that doesn't have a Charge thats the bread and butter of warriors in other games. It is used to get near range casters and also if your like a tank who likes to charge first in battle Charge skill is needed. Petition to put WARRIOR CHARGE SKILL!. Also more stun skills i dont get why paladins get all the stuns and warriors get the decrease movement speed and bleed effect in skills like Cripple and Deathblow. We got only 1 stun skill it would be good if we have one more!

triti

Rank 3
triti
PostedNov 27, 2012 7:36 am

Re: Skills

Shadow127 wrote:
I feel warriors are balanced well the only thing i did not care for and feel is a wasted talent/skill right now is martyr and blade dance either the martyr doesn't take away the right amount of defense or it's nerfed in some way I have it maxed and it barely adds to my damage. As for Blade Dance the 2 min cooldown for a 60 second skill use is very long especially for a skill that doesn't add a ton of attack speed at all. I'm not sure what can fix it but to me it's not worth the points to go down that path even at later levels. Best fix might be shorter cooldown time (90 seconds?) or better effect of attack speed per point spent. As it is those skills just don't feel like they are worth the points.  

+1 for the 60sec skill one to much time ...should be same amount or with at maximum 5 sec more than normal Aoe

Z.e.K.e

Rank 0
Z.e.K.e
PostedNov 27, 2012 8:13 am

Dual Wielding/Spears/Axes/Blunt Weapons

Warriors should have a wide variety of weapons to choose from. Every weapon has their own pros and cons. I think that broadsword and 1hand sword is not enough to satisfy gamers because every gamer has their own view of how warrior should be. Others want a warrior that can dual wield 1hand swords, others want long reach so they use spears while others want pure damage to go for 2hand axe. I believe adding this to the weapon arsenal of the warrior as a class will also affect not only the happiness and demand of players but also the game itself. So yes GM Taz and Ebilfish do think about this Very Happy. i think that developers can finish this before going to open beta. All races have warriors and warrior is the only one to be a guild leader and a king so i see that the game pretty much revolves around warriors so why not develop the class more.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedNov 27, 2012 1:03 pm
I feel that the Warrior Class is fine. It has everything it needs to have, everything its nice to have, and is fairly balanced compared to other Classes. +1 from me.