shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedNov 26, 2012 6:32 am   Last edited by shaneration on Feb 18, 2013 12:35 pm. Edited 20 times in total

[Revised]Priest Hybrid Guide Crystal Saga

For Those Who Need Help/ Want To Know My Build
Priest Hybrid Guide Crystal Saga

1. Who Am I?
2. What Is A Priest?
3. Stat Allocation
4. Training
i. AFK Mode
5. Mortal Skills Breakdown
I. Holy Skills
II. Blood Skills
6. Mortal Skill Guide
I .Extra Points
II. Alternatives
7. Equipment
I. Weapon
II. Armour
III. Offhand
IV. Insignia
V. Costumes
8. Soul
9. Pets

1. Who Am I?

I’m GS Shaneration from Aeria Browser. As Requested this is my version of the Priest Hybrid Guide for Crystal Saga. This Guide will be aimed at those who want to PVP, be able to solo dungeons and grind mobs easily. I have tried a few variations with this build used over 7 Sands of Time (Skill Reset) here is the one I personally liked best. The build will focus from Mortal to eidolon and will be updated regularly. The build will start out as a hybrid build but later on will change into a mainly holy build.
This is my personal preference and how i play the game. It’s for people who want to try it out if they wish. No build is perfect they all have flaws. So please no comments on changes to the build. As there are many possibilities. This thread is for those who are new and looking for a general guideline on where they should be allocating skills and such.

2. What Is A Priest?

Priests are game characters that excel in magic. They have a range of healing/Support Skills but also a range of Attack Skills. If you like magical attacks and healing your friends then this is a good choice for you. Being a hybrid priest means that you have a good attack and a good heal allowing you to solo dungeons, grind mobs and no have no problems doing so.

3. Stat Allocation

Priests should go all intelligence (INT) that’s right no other stats are needed allocated everything into intelligence (INT) why you ask well crystal saga is a game where most of your other states will be provided by other means such as equips soul completion and wings. Adding points into any other state will only make your character weaker remember more (INT) = more heal and attack. This is better survivability for any priest! And this is what will make the hybrid build shine.

4. Training

Levelling up in crystal saga at first is very very fast and slows quickly so AFK becomes your best friend quite soon; there is however a few things you should know before u jump in to the levelling process. Firstly there are multiple dailies you are able to do a certain levels which can give u a massive boost in your exp rate. Lv20 you can participate in Ladder, Lv30 you can do bath, Lv40 you can do Training Grounds and there are more u can find all this located in the event tab in the top right hand corner of the screen on the mini map (the icon looks like a flag) not only does this provide explanation and time the instance opens but also provides a auto route to its specific location something some new players will find very useful especially for dungeon locations and other things. So don’t forget to do all the dailies and events you can for faster exp. Now you’re all properly wondering what mobs do I train on, where is best to do this, what happens when i run out of events to do. Well the answer is extremely simple. Just kill/AFK on any mobs that are 3 levels higher than yourself. Yes 3 levels higher than your character this is because it is the fastest rate you can gain from killing mobs. Try to find and AFK in an area with mobs close together keep AFK to 1 screen only this will increase the torch drops (torch = level based exp). Another way to get a chuck of exp is by going to the training grounds using 2x exp buffs. 2x(Seignior) 2x(guild) and your own 2x(card). Keep a look out for these at lv 40 you can get around 30-40% just from training however as a mortal you won’t be able to solo training grounds so prepare a party to go with.

i. AFK Mode

Okay so for AFK mode let’s keep it simple and keep in mind almost everyone uses it differently so experiment around and see what you like best. My personal preference is that i do not use potions when grinding but I do when I’m in dungeons just in case. My heal skill is set to <90% always. When in dungeons i usually tend to go for aoe skills only and let the default attack do all the work for grinding i will use no skills just default. As for the radius if u feel that the spawn is to low where ur afking change from 1 screen to 2 or even 3 if its bad but remember the faster u kill in a smaller area the more torches will see spawn so try to find areas full of mobs and stick to 1 screen. Well that’s enough chatting the picture will explain better I have put everything in this screenshot so that u have an example of where things go enjoy =]

5. Mortal Skills Breakdown

This is The Skill Breakdown I Use for My Mortal Priest (non-Rebirth) it’s fairly simple to use, provides everything a priest will need to get started in the game. You can solo dungeons and do everything I mentioned before with this build. Up To lv80 that’s until your first Rebirth you have 40 possible points to allocate. Now I’m not going to tell u exactly how u should allocate your points but I will give you information on all the necessary skills u should acquire at what level to succeed. So here is a general breakdown of the skills u will be using until your first rebirth.

I. Holy Skills

• Light Heal (5/5)
• Guardians Protection (5/5)
• Pure In Heart (1/5)
• Resurrection (1/5)
• Angels Blessing (5/5)
• Circles of Power (5/5)

II. Blood Skills

• Blood Beam (1/5)
• Life Drain (1/5)
• Curse Mastery (1/5)
• Curse of Weakness (1/5)
• Blood Pact (1/5)
• Ring of Decay (1/5)
• Improved Blood Beam (1/5)
• Improved Life Drain (1/5)
• Phlegmatic Curse (1/5)

Now some of you may be thinking that leaves me with some left over points and you would be right it does, the reason for this is simple, above you have a total of 31 skill points. Now in this build I have allocated those main skills in the order of my own preference which leaves you with 9 extra to spend Later in the Game.

6. Mortal Skill Guide

This is A breakdown of the skills u should get at what level this is important and will affect your character if you do not do it correctly. Some of these skills are not so important but i would recommend unless you’re a veteran in crystal saga and know what you’re doing that u follow this build exactly. Please note that if I have not stated a skill to allocate a point in at whatever level save that point as it will be used later on. I’m not going to go into too much detail about skills but there are 2 skills for mortals which are a must have immediately as they are available to you. The level 50 skill angels blessing and the level 60 skill circle of power are by far some of the most important skills for any priest I have designed the build below so that u have enough points when these skills are available to max instantly.

Level 01 – 09
Add 5 Points into Light Heal (This Will Be Your Main Heal Skill)
Level 10 – 19
Add 5 Points into Guardians Protection (Support Defence Buff 25% Maxed)
Level 20 – 29
Add 1 Point into Blood Beam (Default Attack)
Add 1 Point into Life Drain (Secondary attack)
Add 1 Point into Curse Mastery (HP Boost)
Level 30 – 39
Add 1 point into Pure in Heart (Debuff Remover)
Add 1 Point into Curse of Weakness (Root Skill Lowers Targets Attack – Enemies Cant Move)
Add 1 Point into Blood Pact (Secondary Attack)
Level 40 – 49
Add 1 Point into Resurrection (Revive Dead Target)
Add 1 Point into Improved Blood Beam (Replace as Default Attack)
Add 1 Point into Ring of Decay (Second Root Skill Lowers Targets Def)
Level 50 – 59
Add 5 Points into Angels Blessing (10% HP and MP Regen per 10sec Maxed)
Add 1 point into Improved Life Drain (Replace with Previous Life Drain Skill)
Level 60 – 69
Add 5 Points into Circle of Power (Support Attack Buff 25% Maxed)
Add 1 Point into Phlegmatic Curse (Root Skill – Lowers Targets Move Speed)
Level 70
Add 1 Point into Improved Blood Pact (Replace with Blood Pact)

With the exception of improved blood pact (lv70 blood skill) here is a screenshot of my current characters skills. (lv 66)

I. Extra Points

Now Those Extra 9 Can Be Used in either holy or blood type skills it’s really up to you and what you prefer to have this early on in game. Remember when u rebirth and become scion u get an extra skill and skill points so you will be able to have more skills maxed out then.
Here is what I did with my extra 9 points

Add 1 Point into Holy Light (overtime heal)
Add 1 Point into Saints Strength (increases heal but decreases attack - can be turned on and off)
Add 1 Point into Healing Wave (Aoe Heal)
Add 1 Point into Improved holy Light (Replaces Holy Light)
Add 1 Points into Grace (Heal Skill with Longer Cast Time But Larger Heal Than Light Heal)
Add 4 Points into Curse Mastery (Max For More HP)

II. Alternatives

Curse Mastery (4 points)
Ring of Decay (4 points)
Rather than giving you extra heals making things easier in dungeons this path would give you an edge in PVP due to the extra HP and DEF debuff lowering targets def by 25% also leaving u 1 spare point to allocate how u wish.

I Will not be providing the builds for scion and eidiolon but if you would like a rough overview of what it would be like feel free to message me and i will adjust this current build the changes are very little but using holy attacks rather then blood attacks at the point in the game should be very simple for you. if your stuck private message me on my profile.

7. Equipment

Now I’m sure you’re all wondering what about equipment, what’s worth it what’s worthless? Well In this section of the guide I will talk you through exactly what u should get and what u could get, please remember that some equipment is also preference and some people may disagree so keep in mind that this is my preference and does work very well. The first thing we need to focus on is getting some more attack until level 60 a priest does not really have much attack power. Secondly we need to focus on def and some people will tell u to mix and match equipment for better states but let’s no overcomplicate things here you can do just as well by using a set rather than mixing and matching.

i. Weapon

So firstly as soon as u can get the frag weapon this weapon has the potential of being the best in the game it was many upgrades and is by no doubt a joke. It will not only boost your attack but your heal and your endurance as well. This weapon however isn’t easy to upgrade for new members until you are able to either get some gold or be able to farm fse(frageron soul essence) from the dungeon revenant vault nightmare. This weapon starts out as a mold from a quest and can be an expensive upgrade. Do focus on upping this weapon where possible. Another good weapon will cost u real money not much its 200 crystals and is worth it to buy it’s called the crystal enchanted weapon and is as good as the lv 1-2 frag weapon the only difference is that this one will cost u next to nothing in repairs which is very useful if you’re going to be grinding or afking at any point. Sure your states may be less compared to the frag but you will save a lot of gold. Max repair on frag is around 1-3gold at its lower levels but the crystal enchanted weapon is a max of 3bronze so u will save a lot over time. Of course once u starts obtaining more gold the repair for the frag weapon won’t be a problem. Once The Frag Weapon Reaches Lv5 you obtain a skill called frost this is very useful against mobs when you’re training but is useless in PvP it is however extremely worth it.

ii. Armour

For your main armour pieces anything will do until level 40 this is when things need to start rolling. Now as I said before to keep things simple there is no need to mix and match but there are 2 sets available for you The Savage Set this is a PvP set and is useful for not only PvP but everything else as well this is the set I have chosen and it is obtained by gaining honor thought various way in game which I will leave you to discover. For the first set of green savage it requires the honor rank baron which is 7163 honor. I personally recommend this set as it is easy to obtain just takes a little time. The savage set can then be upgraded from green to blue and so on. To make these sets you will need medals/badges obtained in various ways.

The other kind of set is known as the epic sets these are made from epic shards such as epic ethereal found in vault nightmare dungeon. All epic shards used for the corresponding set are found in nightmare mode only dungeons. Unless you can afford to buy them from other payers, these sets can be hard to obtain. These sets are determined by level rather than honor rank.

Each set has its pros and its cons and really it’s down to preference for what u choose. Both sets have their end game upgrades. I have chosen the savage set so what i will be doing is upgrading my savage set to purple then making the purple savage into slayer (slayer being lv80 PvP Set) as soon as I am able. As I have said it’s your preference which u choose but either one of these sets will do the job very well and I’m sure some of you will get both for different situations. Most people I know choose the savage set then go on to making slayer set once they are either scion or eidolon. For these sets I will include screenshot for the robe and the set bonus only.

III. Offhand

Now for priest this is a very simple equip and not much to say really, jus use the best one u are able to find until you are able to either farm or buy the epic phantom shards to make Heart Of Eden (HOE) this equipment is a 80% success rate cost 24 shards and 50g per try but it no doubt the best offhand for a priest

IV. Insignia

Now an insignia is another add on equip and again is based on your honor rank it’s a small boost on your stats and when you get high enough insignia you get a PvP skill which you can use though I never really used this skill myself others do and it can be very effective if used correctly. The drawback of insignias is they do cost a lot of medals so be very careful when you’re buying insignias as you do not want to use all your medals and not be able to get your next level of savage set when its available to you.

V. Costume

Now these are pretty self explanatory, you don't need to fuse about this very much as costumes can only be obtained with crystals or from events. most costumes are similar in regards to the stat boost you receive. the 4 default costumes i would advise you to ignore it is worth waiting for a costume that has the extra stats during an event as the stat boost you will get will be more for your crystals. i advise you to look at the stats of each of the costumes currently in the shop, assess there stats and work out if it is worth it of course alot of people get costumes for looks but stat boost's can be important as well but for the most part its your own individual choice go with that you feel is best.

8. Soul

for your sole this can get rather tricky but do keep in mind that you are a priest, with that in mind lets look at what you would benefit from. these Mainly Cast Speed And Heal. Why not others u ask well since as a priest you don't really have the defense to keep up with the damage dealt its far better to just out heal the damage u receive, also keep in mind your damage isn't going to great until much later in the game, so for mortals i would focus on more heal and cast speed as this will allow you to cast more healing faster as well as more damage faster and once u really start developing your soul you will notice an increase. lets take a more detailed look at cast speed and what it can do for you, now as i stated earlier in the guide there is a transition from being blood/hybrid to a holy/hybrid so while your on the mortal plain make sure u can develop your cast speed as much as you can, as soon as you become scion (the next plain) if you have developed your cast speed to 127% realistically 137% you can then cast holy attacks rather than blood the reason for this is at the start of the game even thought holy does more damage the cast speed is much slower and therefore using holy while mortal can actually hurt your character more than it helps, this is my personal recommendation, as the damage holy dishes out with the extra cast speed really improves the damage output of the class. if you would like more information on this then feel free to private message me via my profile and ill get around to you asap.

9. Pets

For Pets Well This Is Super Simple But Hard To Obtain A Great Pet.
For The Teeka Rather Simple And Is By Far The Best Healing Pet In The Game.
it can heal, buff and more. however for those adventurous few i recommend the burning angel.
now im not going to go into great detail about pets as this is a class guide for those who want to know how to build a pet properly with its skills breeding etc simply Google that its not hard to find. so basically you want to get a baby angel, upgrade that to a super angel and that is really all most people need for a single player play through, those with the time or are willing to grind the cash/pay for crystals aim for the burning angel you will need a super angel, a fire lord and a lot of morph crystals. why the burning angel you ask well it comes with a great healing skill already by default as well as an attack that can do a respectable amount of damage. for the skills well lets hope your lucky and don't have to rebirth it many times to get the extra great skills. from my experience the burning angel half my dungeon run time made me need to heal less and was all round worth the time i spent trying to get it. definitely consider this pet if you are a priest. if your impatient go with the teeka.

Thank you for reading my guide and good luck to you.
More Edits in the future.
Advertisement

MichaelE82

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 4:20 am
nice build, thanks a lot.

Farsightedwolf

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 3:45 am
you should consider adding points to the light beam line after you rebirth, it will majorly boost your damage potential in pvp as well as pve

you will get 2 skills from it light beam and spiritual infusion (and their advanced moves)

light beam takes a second to cast but deals very high damage.
spiritual infusion is instant cast and can also pack a punch, specially if its followed up by blood pact which is also instantly cast.

after higher levels adding points to light heal wont increase its healing capability very much to waste the extra skill points on. it will heal fairly well even at level 1.

HolyL 1/1/1/1/1
HolyC 1/1/1/1/1/1/1 (i think...)
HolyR 5/1-5/5/5/5/1-5 (i think)
HolyA 6/0-5 (your choice)

BloodL 1/1/1/1/1/1
BloodC N/A
BloodR 1-5/1/1/1
BloodA N/A

from what ive seen of the priests i know this is one of the best build (going from memory so sorry if i missed/added too many skills in the list)

just food for thought

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:59 am
Farsightedwolf wrote:
you should consider adding points to the light beam line after you rebirth, it will majorly boost your damage potential in pvp as well as pve  

Using holy skills would not be viable until you have at least 127% cast speed recommended 137%+ cast speed.this then allows u to make up for the cast time having a holy default skill.
this would work semi well in pvp but in dgns you will find the difficulty increase due to more cast time = less heals i have tried it myself. especially in dgns with bosses that have high patk such as zabuga if u go holy attacks before u have the correct cast speed you will find yourself needing orb and pots all the time, u don't have time to be sitting around waiting for a cast time cause by then your almost dead and there's no point using blood and holy just a waste of points. its far better to focus on blood until u have the cast speed to pull of a full holy build. this would take a few soul upgrades a costume maybe and insig and few other eqs with cast speed but once u got there its so much better than blood but the main thing to take away from this is to pull off holy u need the cast speed.

Farsightedwolf wrote:
after higher levels adding points to light heal wont increase its healing capability very much to waste the extra skill points on. it will heal fairly well even at level 1.  

For Mortals maxing this skill is very important since they wont really have many other healing spells until they rebirth so the extra even tho slight would serve useful to them.
The only time you would consider not maxing this skill is when u are a scion or eidolon and have enough points to retain a full holy build allowing u to get grace rather than holy light but yet again it comes down to cast speed it would not be viable to do this without 127%-137%+ cast speed with enough cast speed grace can make light heal redundant but that comes into play around 140%+ cast speed

on a further note so far this build is only for mortal priest up to lv 80.
this build is focused on the merge from blood to all holy by the end of scion lv 80 there will be nothing but holy skills and curses in blood. but i will be adding those in later on once i have drawn up a draft to edit and post here.

i will explain all my points i have made here when i add the scion section of my guide and explain why and how they are done. thanks for the feedback farsightedwolf

Farsightedwolf

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 4:03 am
shaneration wrote:
Farsightedwolf wrote:

Using holy skills would not be viable until you have at least 127% cast speed recommended 137%+ cast speed.this then allows u to make up for the cast time having a holy default skill.
this would work semi well in pvp but in dgns you will find the difficulty increase due to more cast time = less heals i have tried it myself. especially in dgns with bosses that have high patk such as zabuga if u go holy attacks before u have the correct cast speed you will find yourself needing orb and pots all the time, u don't have time to be sitting around waiting for a cast time cause by then your almost dead and there's no point using blood and holy just a waste of points. its far better to focus on blood until u have the cast speed to pull of a full holy build. this would take a few soul upgrades a costume maybe and insig and few other eqs with cast speed but once u got there its so much better than blood but the main thing to take away from this is to pull off holy u need the cast speed.  

its not intended to be a default skill, its a heavy hit and a good way to start/end a battle, blood beam is the default skill. this build is more centered around scion+

shaneration wrote:
Farsightedwolf wrote:

For Mortals maxing this skill is very important since they wont really have many other healing spells until they rebirth so the extra even tho slight would serve useful to them.
The only time you would consider not maxing this skill is when u are a scion or eidolon and have enough points to retain a full holy build allowing u to get grace rather than holy light but yet again it comes down to cast speed it would not be viable to do this without 127%-137%+ cast speed with enough cast speed grace can make light heal redundant but that comes into play around 140%+ cast speed

on a further note so far this build is only for mortal priest up to lv 80.
this build is focused on the merge from blood to all holy by the end of scion lv 80 there will be nothing but holy skills and curses in blood. but i will be adding those in later on once i have drawn up a draft to edit and post here.

i will explain all my points i have made here when i add the scion section of my guide and explain why and how they are done. thanks for the feedback farsightedwolf  

from wat ive seen and heard grace isnt viable even at 150%+ cast speed as the time it takes to cast it you can cast light heal twice so light heal will never be redundant the higher level priest heals are just not very good. the best priest build ive heard of are hybrid, pure holy lose alot of dps/effectiveness without the blood beam default, blood pact, and the curses. and pure blood is just impractical at higher levels since alot of the skills in the tenacity line are geared more for newb pvp then endgame.

the build i put up was someone i know very well who has used it since scion, and excells very well at pvp and pve. they reskilled over a dozen times trying every skill and build.

like i said when i posted it, its only food for thought to help with your guide. everyone has different takes on priest builds but alot end up using the same or close to it in the end.

rexatfcc2

Rank 0
PostedDec 02, 2012 7:38 am
are you soling normal, hard or NM with this build?
what is your gear and soul dev like to be able to do this?

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:35 am
rexatfcc2 wrote:
are you soling normal, hard or NM with this build?
what is your gear and soul dev like to be able to do this?  

More Edits in the future.
and nm is easily soloed with this build.

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:47 am
Farsightedwolf wrote:
it is not intended to be a default skill, its a heavy hit and a good way to start/end a battle, blood beam is the default skill. this build is more centered around scion+  

tho is may not be intended this way light beam is actually one of the best default skills for a priest its dmg potential far exceeds blood beam even tho it has a cast time it still does far more dmg using blood in avernal ur looking around 8k but using light beam ur loking around 12k there are many priests who prefer to do it this way and ocne u chieve enough cast speed light beam becomes so much better as a default skill tried and used myself in mnay diff builds and it is by far way more effective in pvp more so for dgns if u achivee th cast speed which is why most priests do not choose this path until they have 137% cast speed the time to cast the attack skilla nd then heal urself makes dgns diificult if u dont have the cast speed to keep the flow of the battle going nicely.
to sum up light beam is a much better default skill only if u have the cast speed otherwise you wont get very far. until then blood beam is the default

Farsightedwolf wrote:
from wat ive seen and heard grace isnt viable even at 150%+ cast speed as the time it takes to cast it you can cast light heal twice so light heal will never be redundant the higher level priest heals are just not very good. the best priest build ive heard of are hybrid, pure holy lose alot of dps/effectiveness without the blood beam default, blood pact, and the curses. and pure blood is just impractical at higher levels since alot of the skills in the tenacity line are geared more for newb pvp then endgame.  

grace is an amazing skill even thought u can cast 2 light heals in the time it takes to use grace in certain situations grace is a life saver in ladder or some hgh lv dgns using light heal as the default heal and grace as an add on heal can make things much much easier its all about knowing and judging when u should use the correct spell. i have used grace in many occasions where the huge heal it has given has allowed me not only to save someone life where light heal woudl have failed but then because of the huge heal fomr grace u can follow up with some nice fast heals from light heal together they are a very good combo if used correctly.

again thanks for ur feebback farsighted wolf if you get a chance pm me and were discuss your ideas on priest and i could coperate it into my guide as well. credits will be given to you if u decide to do this once the guide if fully made form mortal to scion. eidolon guide wont come for a while.

LanceCalvis

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 4:18 pm
Personally, I've taken an entirely different approach to my Priest.

Healing- 5 Points
Guardian Protection- 5 Points
Angels Blessing- 5 Points

I plan to change this when I hit level 60 to points into my Level 60 Holy Skill. 5 Points into my Healing Skill. 5 Points into Guardian Protection and 5 Points into my +Attack Power Buff. I feel this is the best way to build a Healer. Because it gives you an attack that is greatly altered by your Healing Statistic.

If I were a Tank I would be building my character completely different. Max Hit-points should be the main priority for any tank. Nerfing skills should follow since they lower the Attack Power of the monsters you are fighting. Though, you shouldn't make the common MMORPG mistake. Of assuming you have this nerfing and can therefore place less points into Endurance.

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedFeb 18, 2013 12:54 pm
Guide has been revised and finished i will no longer be adding the re birthed build as the only change would be using holy skills instead of attack skills however if anyone is stuck after they rebirth and unsure what skills to allocate feel free to message me via my profile and i will get around to helping you asap.