Syarl

Rank 1
PostedNov 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Updater does not work

Download FailedEx: ,0.204 c23-1
Since the recent updates that released the new level 80 pvp dungeon I have been un-able to connect to Shaiya.

I have attempted to run the updater several times and it fails each and every time. Below are some SS that show what I'm doing.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Shaiya multiple times. I have attempted to run the updater on a different PC, on the same internet connection. I receive the same problems.

Going to another place to download the files is not an option (I play on a desktop and don't own a laptop). Resetting my modem/router is not an option (I live in my college Dorm and don't have access to those things).

*I do play on Wi-Fi*

Usually when I launch the updater it jumps strait to "completed" like this

However when I click start it after it says it's "complete" and try to connect to a server I get this

That's what I expect it to do after "completing" the file downloads so quickly. No surprise but I'm giving every detail I can.

-----------------------------------

Other times when I launch the updater it sits like this for about 5 minutes.

Then this pops up and when I click OK the updater "completes"

Close up of the Pop Up message.

It then looks like this after dismissing the Pop Up message

However when I click start it after it says it's "complete" and try to connect to a server I get this

------------------

Other times when I try to update my game it actually attempts to download the new files. I'd guess it attempts to work properly about 1 of 50 tries. But when the top blue bar gets to the far right corner (no matter how far the bottom blue bar is across) I get a Pop Up that says "Connection with server reset." I click OK on the new pop up and my updater looks like this.

Not sure that error message means but someone might.

Close up of the error message

If I've left out any crucial details that would help you solve my problem. Feel free to ask. But there's absolutely nothing I can think of to do to fix this.