4SuperSayin4

Rank 0
4SuperSayin4
PostedDec 03, 2012 8:36 am

Paladin's

I feel paladin's are well off as they are now for the most part. In CB the lvl cap was only 35, in OB IF the cap is raised to 50 or more paladin's would beable to obtain ALL useful skills on BOTH side's of the tree's (this is ofc assumeing we don't get another skill tree page) in this case Pala's could be almost anything. Could heal, buff, take damage, deal damage and even revive fallin allies!

I do think there should be something for 2h paladin's tho, if u want to use the atk and def buffs u have to point at least 1 point in to the shield atk(slow) which is useless for a 2h wep paladin.

Skills Left side: The 1st atk skill(Divine strike)can be spammed so i like that with a low mana cost..damage could be a bit better.

The 2ed and 3rd atk skill (Hammerblow &Holy strike) have a nice 50% chance to stun foe's always helpful but a coin flip.
(could use a skill to incress the % chance to stun for all stun atks..lvl 1 +2%... lvl 2 +5%... lvl 3 +10%)

Bind Useful! 6 -7sec bind more then enough time for a warrior or 2 to eliminate a enemy.

Armor of thorns.. boost's armor nicely but only last's 1 min but much less cool down so could semi-spam it to keep it always and can inflect bleed on atking foe's.

Resurrection is a nice skill but rarely used reallyi only used it a few time and that was on random ppl that died doing quests i happen to pass ... when i try useing it in RvR or wars most times people would use a scroll much faster Res only has a 2 sec cast time and u would think thats fast enough but it should be instent and the CD should be longer.(swap CD for Res with Avatar)easyer to res with scroll while others are healing then to use a full MP and HP that you can only use once every 5 mins, might as well make it 10 mins just as useless*

Heaven's Wrath i like this atk vary much and i dont think we need any more befor this in the tree, the CD could be less (10-15 sec) would make up for the fact u get it later then other classes get there aow's, and the atk could deal a little more damage (140-190 atm could be nice at 220-270)

PASSIVE'S
Spirit Training could be incressed on lvl 2&3 (lvl 2 +20% ... lvl 3 +30%)

Last stand could be under 10% HP increas armor by.. ( lvl 1 +10% lvl 2+20% lvl 3+40%)

Holy Cloak i like just how it is max of 20% stun resist is reasonable.

Resist Magic i also so like just how it is.

RIGHT SIDE SKILL'S
I dident do much on this side as i really wanted to test the aoe..

Strenth of the Gods(Heal) i got this skill 1st thing and was well used for leveling as well as PvP for support and escape! XD Heal increas per lvl could be more like (lvl 1 500-750 lvl 2 750-1000 lvl 3 1000-1500)

Shield Bash i had to put 1 point into because i wanted the passive skill Defence Mastery which requard 4 points so i was forced to put 1 point into a 100% USELESS SKILL because i decided to use a 2 handed weapon(could use a 3rd skill on the top for a 2h Paladin or just reduce the requiarment for the next lvl of the tree)

Defence Mastery should be swaped with Resist Magic but haveing a max increas of 300 def seems fair.

The rest of the skills i have not had a chance to use so ill stop here and leave them to someone else Thx for reading !

Advertisement

edumen

Rank 0
PostedDec 03, 2012 4:38 pm
Paladins heal is too overpowered, I was lvl 30 warrior and couldn't kill a level 27 paladin because of the low cooldown heals! It's just too overpowered to have a tank with constant heals and the top farmer.

simplenymph

Rank 0
simplenymph
PostedDec 03, 2012 8:27 pm
My heals could hardly come fast enough, and I was 35. It really depends on the build. I didn't have a lot of HP, so I went down fast - I could barely get a heal off let alone spam them on myself.

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedDec 03, 2012 11:17 pm
if the heal skill never gets any better then after lvl 35 it wont help as much as it did in CB. i dont see anything wrong with keeping the heal how it is now cus at lvl 35 i had over 4k hp with buffs so 700 hp heal didnt even help a lot at lvl 35 so it def wont at lvl 50

dont change heal until we have a chance to test it out at lvl 50 because as u lvl from 35 to 50 and keep getting more hp the heal skill will help less and less

Geo_Uchiha

Rank 0
Geo_Uchiha
PostedDec 05, 2012 4:13 pm

feedback

I think the most issue with paladin was lack of aoe skills. Also, I may be wrong, I don't see any range offensive spells for paladin, which was a bit of let down.
Another problem for me was lack of buff. Paladin is a tank right? So there should be more buff to help in tanking and also the health increase buff was a warrior skill...I would like to see more buffs as well.
Overall paladin was quite an interesting class, well balanced stats and melee skills was not bad at all.

<a> photo Slayan_mage-2.png</a>

cyanreid

Rank 0
cyanreid
PostedDec 05, 2012 6:02 pm
At this point, I think the paladin is the most powerful of the four classes when all things are considered. While it's true that healing might not scale up as well at level 50, I would heavily recommend that changes only be made with a massive grain of salt; any improvements for the paladin without corresponding changes to the other classes could tip the balance too much in favor of paladins.

If I were to give feedback, I would say to hold off on improving the paladin until the level 50 cap. This will give us enough information on what the strengths and weaknesses of the class will be like at the current end-game.

Also, AoEs are the one thing I don't think the class needs more of. It could very easily make the warrior and sorceress (especially sorceress) pale even more in exchange.

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 7:21 pm
yeah paladins are pretty good how they are now with the exception that they need to be able to hold agro a lot better since they are the "tank"

however if more AoE's are added they should be more about debuffs than dmg so they are not too OP

CabalNecro

Rank 0
CabalNecro
PostedDec 06, 2012 2:16 am
I didn't get a chance to get to far into it, but over all the Paladin class seemed a bit well rounded. That doesn't mean there weren't a few issues of things that could improve this class. This is a list from what I think might enhance the class a bit more.

1.) Skill visuals were a bit dull, I know in a CB not all the visuals may be done. But by this point we should see a good degree of what we will get.

2.) Seriously need more AoE skills! I haven't played a single MMORPG where the Pally didn't have at least 3-5 AoE skills.

3.) I played mainly tanking on the pally and over all it seemed fine, except for the threat hold. Honestly think that it was a bit weak and needs more fine tuning.

4.) Buffs*more please.

5.) As for my last, the lag lol. i think that really pissed more people off then anything lol.

Over all for a CB I think it was very well planed and for the content we saw I am very much looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

" Life is a lesson, you learn it when you die. Allow me to start your lesson." Tranq~Nangin~ShadowMagnus

ryanchong87

Rank 0
ryanchong87
PostedDec 07, 2012 10:48 am
What I should say - more shield skills, AoE skills, reconsider about the skills cool down setting & runes' slot for shield Smile

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedDec 07, 2012 11:15 am
If pally had more AOE skills, what reason would there be to play any other class? Except for maybe Shadow mage.