ChaosWithin666

Rank 3
ChaosWithin666
PostedNov 30, 2012 4:02 am
santanaco wrote:
pearlz wrote:
Here i thought Paladins was more about Defence / HP / Support than to be able to be a Battle tank....Does that remind you of a certain game " Shaiya " I think class professions should be left to what they really meant to be.If you wanted to play a Strong damage dealer go play a War.  

u clearly dono what those skil trees mean in this game skill system is diff then shaya or ur normal mmorpg games but u cant understand it judjing form ur lame comment grow some brain before talking ty  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

READ BEFORE POSTING IDIOTIC COMMENTS ABOUT PALADINS!

Advertisement

santanaco

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 5:06 am
ChaosWithin666 wrote:
santanaco wrote:
pearlz wrote:
Here i thought Paladins was more about Defence / HP / Support than to be able to be a Battle tank....Does that remind you of a certain game " Shaiya " I think class professions should be left to what they really meant to be.If you wanted to play a Strong damage dealer go play a War.  

u clearly dono what those skil trees mean in this game skill system is diff then shaya or ur normal mmorpg games but u cant understand it judjing form ur lame comment grow some brain before talking ty  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

READ BEFORE POSTING IDIOTIC COMMENTS ABOUT PALADINS!  

wtf does wiki has to do with skill trees in game? are u a moron?

Angelhald

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 5:12 am
Evil or Very Mad
[quote]
[code][i][u][b]

OoSuChiN-Z

Rank 0
OoSuChiN-Z
PostedNov 30, 2012 9:58 am

Pally FeedBackz
I've read all the posts on this thread, and i'm surprised NO ONE mentioned how the support side of paladin skill tree has 0 and I mean 0 stun skills! DD side has 3, Support has 0, I mean if you're gonna need survivability as a main tank stuns are VERY helpful, even if it's for the very minimal amount of time that they do last. (also should be available without forced spending of skills points in any given tree)

It was tough doing PVE solo without stun, I didn't have a skill with stun until level 30 (after I got all the support skills I wanted from right side). Honestly I believe that the shield bash should have a stun effect instead of the slow, OR have one of the stun skills from the DD tree switched to support so that both sides have a stun + a movement impare skill. I can see a paladin doing damage OR support, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't share attacking abilities. (I know you can go hybrid, but say you're only going 1 side. Why be limited in effects just because you chose cast spells?) Other then that I like Paladin class, the 1 heal spell is perfect, and doesn't grow in too much power as you level (there were times I'd have to spam heal just to survive long enough to get an attack out).

Skill tree is Mixed up as mentioned before, AoE would be preferred but not really needed. Malice on ALL attacks (or even make it a passive skill) is definatly needed, I mentioned in another thread that Provoke, and open ended insults need to either have a lower cooldown time, OR be boosted to something like "Garunteed aggro on caster for XX seconds" that way there's a window for the malice to be built and not giving 100% free pass on party. Stat points need to be reflected in the sub-stats (1 point every level is helpful, but there seem to be invisible points used every level, otherwise no one would really be getting stronger aside from the 1 point they use each level)
I'll give an example : paladin heal = 400-700 health per cast< But I don't drop points into int/wis, yet I get heal of 1000 points @ level 31?) not that it's not welcome, but I'd like to see the skills / stats reflect this so I know how strong my char actually IS instead of just feeling like I broke something. Another Conserne I had was about Shield of thorns, I'd like to either see the duration be longer (like 10 min buff), OR it as a Passive skill with a lowered effect (the shield of thorns deal a little less damage then it currently does+ build aggro. Also with it being passive it will save MP for the paladin's to use more leveraging skills, due to the lack of MP regen)

Other than all that the paladin is great just needs a little polish. I have more ideas, but I'll hold off on mentioning anything until I see how OB works out.

There was a wise turtle that spoke these words... The past is History, the Future a Mystery, and Today is a gift, that is why it is called the Present. A Panda says " Skadooosh!"

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 12:08 pm
The top 3 things for me are SERVER LAG / make Paladins able to hold agro a lot better / make it where you can see what debuffs are on mobs (this was awesome on Shaiya)

alivan63

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 12:17 pm
Ignorant beta testers are ignorant. Closed Beta was not the full game; it was only half the game.

I played a paladin to 30 and a warrior to 28. At lvl 12 my Warrior was doing more damage than my Lvl 30 paladin without using skills.

I see a lot of people complaining about the paladins heal being too fast. This game does not stop at lvl 30, but the paladin's healing never gets any better. Once we're playing in the 50s paladins healing will be like putting a band-aide on a bullet wound.

Paladins who want to be tanks should have a passive agro/hate/malice generating skill. Paladins cannot keep agro, even with both taunt skills because they do not generate agro/hate/malice, they only draw the mobs attention until a a warrior or mage takes it away.

For those who are whining about how Paladins are OP in PvP, well almost every game has a class that is OP in PvP, you're just mad that it's not your favorite class. Get over it, warriors.

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 2:24 pm
alivan63 wrote:
Ignorant beta testers are ignorant. Closed Beta was not the full game; it was only half the game.

I played a paladin to 30 and a warrior to 28. At lvl 12 my Warrior was doing more damage than my Lvl 30 paladin without using skills.

I see a lot of people complaining about the paladins heal being too fast. This game does not stop at lvl 30, but the paladin's healing never gets any better. Once we're playing in the 50s paladins healing will be like putting a band-aide on a bullet wound.

Paladins who want to be tanks should have a passive agro/hate/malice generating skill. Paladins cannot keep agro, even with both taunt skills because they do not generate agro/hate/malice, they only draw the mobs attention until a a warrior or mage takes it away.

For those who are whining about how Paladins are OP in PvP, well almost every game has a class that is OP in PvP, you're just mad that it's not your favorite class. Get over it, warriors.  

+1

fakelegend

Rank 0
fakelegend
PostedDec 01, 2012 9:22 am

Re: my opinion

santanaco wrote:
fakelegend wrote:
-attack buff ( nv 10 ) is useless.
-Heal and ress? this makes pally very imba.
-But if the heal wont change , increase the cooldown
-decrease slighty attack power and increase slight hp gain.

the atk buff u get at lvl 10 it came in handy when i was questing so wasnt useless
heal i barely survived with the curent cooldown on heal when mobs kept ganking me
rez was nice to rez other players who died whitout wasing money ons crolls wich no1 ever buys pots are expensive as it is no1 would waste moneh on scrolls to rez some randoms

and not every1 plays the game for pvp so saying that buff is useless is just bs or the heal cooldown but that's just me

and again decrease power and raise hp? dude are 2 trees 1 for DD 1 for tanking what u said makes no sense u dont take power from dd -.-  

Man this Heal for pally IS imba... i made a test , with 10 monsters with same lvl with me ,and all i had was a weak set ( not these +10 full add sets ) , 10 hp pots and i didn't die for like 3 min... and my build was a hybrid one. So yes man , increases this cooldown , or make a new way to heal , unless you want to see pallys making anything without anybody. Some people says that heal will be weak at lvl 50 , but with this cd , just a few mana pots and you can heal yourself all over time , and no , i dont think only in pvp but if you insist , last time i went to ruemon battle , and all i see was pallys killing everybody without die... So if they dont change nothing , everybody will make this dd pally , or a hibrid pally like me and will be almost immortal.

Magnusdark

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2012 9:46 am
Eniskuo wrote:
Played Paladin for Cb
As a lot of people have stated some skills do seem to be on the wrong side
Only going to list what things seem to need some altering
(All in my opinion of course)

Support
Provoke: needs a quicker CD, 5-10 seconds
Open-Ended Insults: needs a quicker CD, 20-30 seconds
Divine Protection: needs a quicker CD, 45-60 seconds
Blessed Weapon: Trade with Resist Magic skill
Avatar: 30 seconds of use and a 10 minutes CD seems a bit much. A 2 minutes cooldown seems better giving the opposing side 1.5 minutes to inflict quicker pain.

As a support paladin agro is not kept anywhere near what it should and with the long CDs makes it nearly impossible making the purpose of being a support build useless. Support build should have more attack skills and preferably an aoe that carries agro as well. A full support build should be almost invincible but with very little attack power. Added skill for additional hp maybe? Strengthen the Defense Mastery skill

Attack
Divine Strike: once Hammerblow or Holy Smash is activated it makes this skill useless (to weak to use). Not only that but the attack graphic is to similar to Hammerblow.
Holy Smash: instead of stun make it slow movement speed. Multiple stun attacks are not needed
Resurrection: Why is this not on the support side?
Resist Magic: Trade with Blessed Weapon skill
Heavens Wrath: needs a quicker CD, 15-20 seconds

As a attacking build paladin the power was what was to be expected. They should not be as strong as a warrior but should have a better defense.  

I agree.
One addition increase mana pool or decrease cost of skills.
And get my gear out of my inventory!!!!

acrowley1313

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2012 2:52 pm
alivan63 wrote:

Screw +1 +100 I've been tryin to beat that into peoples heads since the cbt started lol

Alasdair