more AOE skills for paladins pls..
Advertisement

Lalelan

Rank 0
Lalelan
PostedNov 28, 2012 8:49 pm

I beleive Paladin is perfect give or take

yay paladin
i would say cut a little DPS and More Aggro and trade Res to Support side. Add a AoE damageless with wide range to pull aggro and Build Hate over time for tanks. DPS could use Movement Buff or attack Speed. Paladin DPS shouldnt really be very High given he never dies.

pearlz

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:41 pm
Here i thought Paladins was more about Defence / HP / Support than to be able to be a Battle tank....Does that remind you of a certain game " Shaiya " I think class professions should be left to what they really meant to be.If you wanted to play a Strong damage dealer go play a War.

TheBeast.69

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:59 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
TheBeast.69 wrote:
The classes need to be optimized for specific jobs but also allow for hybrid builds.

Paladin = Tank
Warrior = Melee DD
SM = Healer
Sorceress = Magic DD  
I don't like the fact to rely on specify classes. It's good how it's now because break the usually triads of DD>Tank>Healer is a priority if you want to make a successifull game.

Specify too much the roles would mean return back to the old game type where people was forced to play specify classes and kill the own desire to play a class that fit their best playstyle..  

i said "but also allow for hybrid builds."

ryanaldrich256

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 10:44 pm
I'm an FF4 fan boy so i'd like to see some short of "dark paladin" but that's just me.

Seriously though, the Paladin shouldn't be able to heal a lot of hp. they should heal a small or moderate amount. I never use the taunt skill because it barely agros. Paladins need more aoe skills or at least upgrade the existing ones. Finally, increase the the stun effectiveness. When I stun enemies, they don't act stunned. That is all from me. All in all, I really like the Paladin. I can finally become Cecil Harvey.

moxi298

Rank 0
moxi298
PostedNov 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Multiple hits on mobs

I'd like to see a change in being able to hit multiple mobs at once, I mean your swinging a 2h sword you should be able to hit more than one target, same goes for 1h and shield (DEF build) less damage but again multiple hits and whats up with all them **** Bat's less bats please...!. All in all had a great time playing Pally and I liked the fact that you had a choice of builds. It's nice to see the Dev boys doing something different and not rolling out the same old crap everyone else is (if only it wasn't so grind based it would be perfect).

xwrathmanx

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: I beleive Paladin is perfect give or take

yay paladin
Lalelan wrote:
i would say cut a little DPS and More Aggro and trade Res to Support side. Add a AoE damageless with wide range to pull aggro and Build Hate over time for tanks. DPS could use Movement Buff or attack Speed. Paladin DPS shouldnt really be very High given he never dies.  

and

moxi298 wrote:
I'd like to see a change in being able to hit multiple mobs at once, I mean your swinging a 2h sword you should be able to hit more than one target, same goes for 1h and shield (DEF build) less damage but again multiple hits and whats up with all them **** Bat's less bats please...!. All in all had a great time playing Pally and I liked the fact that you had a choice of builds. It's nice to see the Dev boys doing something different and not rolling out the same old crap everyone else is (if only it wasn't so grind based it would be perfect).  

These.

I *enjoyed* being a Paladin in DKO. It was nice to break away from the traditional "tank" from other games (who, although took hits like a boss and was generally a big dude, hit like like he couldn't bench more than the warrior/DPS class). Granted, I only got to level 30 and poured everything into the DMG tree (on the right). But it was a riot! Could it be tweaked? Of course. In a genre where role specificity plays a big part, there are some slight changes that can be made. But only slight (for me, anyway). This comment, of course, comes with the hopes that the other classes had the same sort of small hybrid mix in their builds as well.

As in the above post, it would be a nice trade off to change some of the single strike skills into AoE type skillsat the cost of less dmg per strike. Other than that, the only other change I could think of would be to swap the RES and HEAL skills (lessen the heal amount and make it self-heal only). This would allow the tankier side to res others while taking massive damage and buffing. It would also allow for the DMGier side to slightly tank by healing itself while dealing decent damge.

that's my 2 cents.

Kudos to the devs for this. Hope to see OB soon and can't wait to play again to see what changes they've implemented.

Cheers to those I happened to run across in game too ^_^

-Mark

sami7p

Rank 0
sami7p
PostedNov 28, 2012 11:57 pm

DK Online is about Customization

just my opinon of the feel of the game
Playing DK online as Paladin was fun Smile

IMO The creators and developers of this game wanted people to customize their own builds so that not every class is the same.

The stats I feel have different effects with different classes, I feel those stats should remain similar. IF two classes have the same weapon and same STR they should hit for the same DMG unless there was a passive skill.

Comparing str of warrior to Paladin I feel are different. (Correct me if I am wrong)
If a warrior pumps Con for more HP it doesn't give them as much HP as Paladin would receive.
This is limiting the customization of each class to make them unique which will push people to go with alternative stats.

Skill Trees are straight forward best skill is at the bottom, but to get it you pretty much have to choose Left or right. I am not sure this would help but three tree's Buffs skills /Offensive skills/defensive skills. This will add a little flavor to the game.

Runes help make a difference but they are only add-os to what you have already customized.

Warriors should be able to tank as well and Paladin should be able to deal DMG. The only difference is One is raw and the other is divine.

Thanks for listening see you in OBT

smccambo1

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:08 am

DK

?
I have only one question for you when are we going to be able to play again

ab50613

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 4:22 am

PAladin

I want this character to be a critical type while able to defend one whole party as tank.