mytien

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:54 am

Hi

Give dem all more new weapon and amor...osv.....
Advertisement

pearlz

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 4:16 am
Already can see Pally going to be the most played class lol

santanaco

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 5:11 am
i played pally till lvl 30 then cb ended i was pure DD it was awsome
i think less cooldown on his aoe skill would be nice and since 2 of his skills 50% chance of stuning at least the aoe should be 100% at lvl 3 or at least like 80% maibe was just the lagg but
i think warrior stun lasts longer then paladin one and the healing skills could use more healing power on it ^_^ i didnt got time to test the tank paladin with skills from right tree but so far the DD 1 is awsome :Pwould be nice if he had at least 2 aoes instead of 1 and not 2 big of a cooldown i like paladin cause i can solo stuff whitout needing a party cause let's be onest some ppl are just just ( im not flaming it's a fact) so yeah id rather play alone then squad with any1

Edit: oh and almost forgot the thorn armor from left tree would be nice if it lasted at least 10 minutes instead of 1 is frustrating clicking that buff every time some mobs atk u and that assasin buff at lvl 30 i presed C to see what's the dif compared to brawler u get at lvl 10
well u get 21 more damage with brawler then with assasin buff so that needs fixed i mean comon is lvl 30 buff wasnt it supose to be better then lvl 10?

Edit: lol remembered again all weapons looks kinda the same when equip but icon when u pick them up looks diff and enchanting weapons should have a glow color starting from +1 looks preety i like em and armor umm starting from lvl 28 i think didnt equip the lvl 25 one
it has that skirt looking thing on the top part i mean looks weird whitout that thing it would be awsome sry for long typing Razz

dknight200

Rank 0
dknight200
PostedNov 28, 2012 5:34 am
Pls make paladin armour become warrior armour because there look like wild and warrior armour become paladin armour because there look verry stronger
and paladin skill has 1 more skill of the shield and 1 skill had dragon symbol for any1 build as tank fighter
The last thing i need to say is Paladin in game has not to much Shield skill

player0

Rank 0
player0
PostedNov 28, 2012 6:45 am

paladins

weapons
I liked the closed beta game except for the lag

I think that there should be more weapons that are specific for each class. Maybe axes and hammers for paladins would be good.

I would like to see skills that are more powerful with longer duration for example the armor thorn skill should last longer than 1 minute and do more damage at lvl 3 perhaps make this skill to lvl 10 or so and be stronger each lvl.

Heal for paladin was a good thing but if the shields gave more protection the paladin wouldn't need heal.

just my two cents

thanks for a game that took me away from LC. ^^

Eniskuo

Rank 1
Eniskuo
PostedNov 28, 2012 7:57 am
Played Paladin for Cb
As a lot of people have stated some skills do seem to be on the wrong side
Only going to list what things seem to need some altering
(All in my opinion of course)

Support
Provoke: needs a quicker CD, 5-10 seconds
Open-Ended Insults: needs a quicker CD, 20-30 seconds
Divine Protection: needs a quicker CD, 45-60 seconds
Blessed Weapon: Trade with Resist Magic skill
Avatar: 30 seconds of use and a 10 minutes CD seems a bit much. A 2 minutes cooldown seems better giving the opposing side 1.5 minutes to inflict quicker pain.

As a support paladin agro is not kept anywhere near what it should and with the long CDs makes it nearly impossible making the purpose of being a support build useless. Support build should have more attack skills and preferably an aoe that carries agro as well. A full support build should be almost invincible but with very little attack power. Added skill for additional hp maybe? Strengthen the Defense Mastery skill

Attack
Divine Strike: once Hammerblow or Holy Smash is activated it makes this skill useless (to weak to use). Not only that but the attack graphic is to similar to Hammerblow.
Holy Smash: instead of stun make it slow movement speed. Multiple stun attacks are not needed
Resurrection: Why is this not on the support side?
Resist Magic: Trade with Blessed Weapon skill
Heavens Wrath: needs a quicker CD, 15-20 seconds

As a attacking build paladin the power was what was to be expected. They should not be as strong as a warrior but should have a better defense.

holyarchieves

Rank 0
holyarchieves
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:01 am

the pally

about the topic
First of all most issues about the pally have been mention
but i would really like to have more shield skills since is pally is a defense oriented class , but having an option to be a damage dealer makes it more versatile than a generic pally .

and please have more weapons its so generic to have a sword , 2handed sword or sword + shield combo , why not implement lance and shield combo , holy cross shaped weapon with a heavy gauntlet shield as a combination , i dont often see games that offer this kind of combination ,, forgot where i saw it but is pretty cool,

and give more details on the stats and dont give exaggerated digits on the armor value , is very frustrating to see your char having 1500++ armor and it makes little difference with the damage reduction of another char only having half the value . example a friend of mine receives 70 to 80 damage from monsters on the 1st floor of temple of the gods with only 500++ armor and my pally having 1500++ receives 67 to 78 damage ... i dont get the formula the difference is to small

TReyDaNerd

Rank 2
TReyDaNerd
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:27 am
Yep definitylly aoe skills. Also more ranged healling.

theeriond

Rank 0
theeriond
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:43 am

About Paladin

Pros and Cons
First of it i would like to thank the DKO staff members for bringing us this amazing game, i have been retired from MMO's from like over a year from now and this game awakened the old me that's a gamer. That being said i would like to thank as well to all Requiem members for taking me up as one of them, thanks guys i feel not rejected there (LOL)

Now about the Paladin

What build should a paladin take?

Many argue on that subject, the question in fact it is "What would you like to be?"

-Tank : The most basic and "useful" of all the builds, Weapon of choice? 1h and shield. Stats? I would say frankly to go all the way to CON (Since that's the classical) but for those that wanna be the perfect tank i would recommend a 3:1 CON/STR rate with STR runes in Red runes, Magic Res/ShieldBlock on Yellow Runes and of course CON on blue runes (Green ones should be HP and nothing else). What skills should i take? Right tree seems like the most logical option indeed, skipping agro skills tho is the best idea unless they fix it in OB, taking the mana increased % and the minus status passive is also the best idea ever (If you get enough points add Armor of Thorns as well), Skip Avatar since is pretty much useless, Long CD and just increases 4 stats (HP/MP/Armor/DPS). Most Popular term : Pure Tanking Paladin Build.

-Damage Dealer : For those that like to put some PvP into his tanking character. Paladins have a great asset of skills and stuns that make them ideal for mass pvp or single pvp, add that the heal skill and you are pretty much winning 70% of your pvp. Full STR seems like the most likely option for this since critical will be involved in your fight but going 2:1 STR/CON rate isnt that bad either if you are going for 1h and shield, most would preffer the 2h tho but that's for everyone personal opinion to pick what they think is the best for their tastes. Left tree is out of the question for choice, skipping off course Skills like resurrection and not maxing Holy Smash. Bind should be left lvl 1 as well and Damage Dealer Paladin should at least get max lvl heal from right tree for keeping himself alive. Runes should be STR or Crit on Red (Dibs on Crit for daredevils) Defense/Dogde/Magic Res for Yellow, CON/DEX for Blue and Totally HP for Green.
Most popular term : Berserker Paladin.

TheEriond's Crazy stuff : if i might add i tried a different kind of build for CB (Not stat wise tho but i had an idea what it would look like) and i found out a lot of interesing stuff (If you saw me at Ruemon the last week you would understand what i meant), we also tested some stuff that had to be tested against some big names on the game and the conclusion was that it might work against the right people and against the right weapon but in my personal opinion i hope my build make wonders on the last part of the game, since it will shine there Smile granting me both a great defense and an even greater offensive. I might try another hybrid build that comes from the first one tho if the first one starts to fail me out.
Eriond term for this : DealBreaker Paladin/Ragnarok Paladin.

Tips for Paladin

Int : Won't increase heals for that much, pretty much useless since Paladins are not supossed to be the main healers. Skip this stat as much as possible.

Wis : Also useless since palas got a skill to increase their own mana pool, plus regen is too slow (6 secs) to pretend you will live outta regen, Mana regen + Wis are most likely useless to Pala

CON : Main pala stat, is a must for anyone that consider himself a Paladin and should be present in any form (HP/Defense) in the runes you insert, otherwise you are wasting your natural born talents

STR : Paladin secondary stat, should be put on the first rune slot. Increase both damage/dps/critical so is a great stat for those that are aiming for Zerk Paladin. If you can't find red crit runes i would aim for STR red runes instead.

DEX : Top Secret ~

Well that's my feedback on the Paladin so far if i forgot to add something i might edit it later Smile you are free to question me or reply my opinions with yours but that will (most likely) dont change my mind.

"Think im sarcastic? Watch me pretend to CARE" "If history repeats itself im so getting a dinasour!" "Like Darkness, Death and Oblivion... Approach from the Gates of Chaos! Ragnarok!" Proud member of Requiem Guild (DKO) TheEriond - Paladin

cizrock

Rank 0
cizrock
PostedNov 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Paladin Changes

First so mana regen changes need to addressed. I used 5 spells and then am oom and have to carry tons mana pots. Also having food out of combat would help cause our mana regen sucks. I also did not like know what my total defense was because when I added the items with passive defense and active defense skills they didnt add up correctly. Next Armor of Thorns does not make sense. It seems to me that an Armor of Thorns would damage the person who attacks you not who you attack.

Oh and in general seeing debuffs on targets with timers would be great with the chose of seeing just yours or all of them. Also if something is attacking you and you have nothing targeted it should automatic target the mob attacking you.