synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 27, 2012 7:58 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Tbh I like Taunt as is. I dont think one class should be able to control aggro. In effect that's currently true with DK. When one class can absolutely control aggro, it means they can control boss kills. That's a bit unfair for a team that is short on Paladins. The current random 3-4 party dogpile method is fun, and it allows a stealthy person to have an edge on getting the kill.  

No it doesn't...

Kill credit goes to the party that does the largest %... >,<

Advertisement

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedNov 27, 2012 9:58 pm
Replace shadow mage support tree with paladin defensive tree plus/minus a few skills obviously and that's what the paladin heal/tank tree should look like with some re-vamped taunts.

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
PostedNov 27, 2012 11:35 pm

My two cents

AoE
i would like to see the de buffs of the paladin become AoEs debuffs at higher levels

1971nomad

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 1:04 am

heals and agro
paladins should have more heals that do a smaller amount and one decent heal for self preservation on a longer cooldown. the paladins heals shouldn't be used as a main or off healer for a party, they should instead be used to help the paladin increase his/her amount of agro and self preservation. the paladin should not be able to be a 1 person army and fight a party sized group of mobs, instead the heals are to assist the real healer in keeping him/her alive as he uses his taunts and heals to help control agro. casting said heals on (for example) a warrior who has taken agro would make the mob want to kill the paladin. helping the paladin yet again to control the hate to the parties benefit. of course doing this means a paladin would need a better magic pool/regen. Example paladins in the old FF11 MMORpg. just my 2 cents

DarkTycraX

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 1:49 am

Aoe

Aoe
More AOE Skills please.

Dathaedr

Rank 0
Dathaedr
PostedNov 28, 2012 2:22 am

Paladin Build

Paladin
My Paladin was a BattleTank. His stats were consisted of 5-6 in the STR and the rest on pure CON. At level 18 I was able to tank 3-4 level 22s. I was mainly the right hand side of skills so this is what I thought.

The taunting skills (Provoke and the other one) are pathetic.
Divine Protection is useless.
The rest of the skills on the right hand side are great. Some could be a little stronger I guess but it's liveable.
The Strength, Defence & Attack Buffs (levels 10, 20 & 30 respectively) are spot on also.

With +10 Full PaganFire Set + +10 LongSword & Shield, well..I was unstoppable pretty much with the mobs.
PvP was a whole different aspect. I literally got asswiped in a few seconds, and that was with all possible buffs on that the Paladin can use.

One thing I would like to see though, is being able to actually see the helmet on your head.
I can not stress this enough. It was so weird having such a cool helmet equipped, but not being able to see it.
With the Raden Set and the +15 Legendary Longsword and Broadsword looks and aspects. Top stuff, I loved it. Worked a real charm.

There's nothing else that I can think of for the time being. This is what I honestly thought about my Paladin build. Some other Paladin builds are different. Everyone likes their own taste and style of play. But most of them go somewhat around the same build, either: Defence (Tank) OR Attack & Defence (Hybrid) OR Attack (well..Attack hah)

Just my two cents. I'm sure some will disagree with what I've posted but hey, you can't please everybody.

Peace (Y)

zioloool

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 2:31 am

advice

I'd recommend a aoe skill for the right Smile

atlanta525

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:06 am
Clearly the CLASS of the classes. 2H wep weilding pally is about as good of a character as there is. The only thing to improve here is 1 more AoE. My opinion is based upon only playing the left skill tree (adding heal from right of course(only a fool wouldnt have put points into this)).

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:32 am
All right let's do this properly.

Pros.
- Good Defense, nothing to complain here unless i plan on tanking 10-15 mobs
- The presence of support skills add even more to the tanking ability
- Good solo ability in PvE and vs bosses
- Though it has some lacking here and there, a paladin does what it's supposed to do, it tanks, quite well in dungeons, with a party of course or you'll get overmobed

Cons.
- Low HP compared to warrior, a warrior can get more HP with buffs then a Paladin, a HP increasing passive would be needed
- Paladins are like butter against magic users, they die before they even get a chance to get a hit in, and even if they do the damage is too low so either increase the ability to tank Mages or increase the damage
- The only heal skill get's pretty useless at high lvl unless you put points on Intelligence which you probably won't do if you go for a tank, though you will need heal to tank properly and to solo
- Lack of ability to keep agro

I would like to have a more tanky paladin and to be able to do so without the need to have full +10 gear as i bet it's gonna be even harder to get that in OB. A Tank is not supposed to have insane gear to do his job.

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

aster11111

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:33 am
Correct please a skill of "Armor of Thorns".This a skill
ceases to work during the most necessary moment namely when you run with a wig of monsters
, you finish a manna and you press a bottle of regeneration of a manna, because without a manna a wig of monsters difficult to kill. Here so poor creatures to paladins also should survive...