boom2523

Rank 0
PostedNov 25, 2012 8:45 pm
Well since i choose right side, the class is preatty good, you can easy solo grind, and make pt with other, his def and hp is nice, the buff are nice too.

Ill improve 1 aoe skill, lower cooldown of avatar skill (10 min is to long).
I think the provoke aoe is to long 1 min cooldown, 30 secs will be nice.

Needs to be balanced the heal, i think the heals lvl 3 is to much (at 35 of course) u have 2-3k hp and u heal about 1k, i think is to much.
Advertisement

Thouvou

Rank 0
Thouvou
PostedNov 26, 2012 4:29 am
As i've said before the attack tree(left one) feels empty and the talents are really in the wrong places,so if no new skills will be added at least change these,i will just copy my own post:
-Avatar should go in the place of ressurection
-divine sigil should go to the left(attack) tree
-Blessed weapon on the left tree
-Last stand on the right tree
-Resist magic on the right tree and put something else in it's place
Also,as it have been stated,tanks lack an aggro increasing passive or buff,some more notes on skills individually.i think Last stand should increase the armor at a higher % of health,at 30-35% at 20% you are already too low and it gives only armor,or leave it at 20% but make it reduce damage from all sources by 10/15/20%
Holy smash is at row 3,causes less damage than Hammerblow,has exactly the same effects but costs more MP than hammerblow. Avatar should increase all damage done from the paladin by 20/25/30% not just the spells,also lower the CD at 3 or 5min.Bind should increase % chance of immobilizing as you rank up also Shield bash should generate way more aggro than normal attacks

maldobar4711

Rank 0
PostedNov 26, 2012 5:06 am

Pally for me is the King of Solo Farm
You take self heal
You take the attack skill tree
you pull like 10+ mobs
you use u thorns while in full def

Profit, rinse repeat.

The best tank should not be the best solo farmer.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 26, 2012 7:22 am
-Paladin damage should be LESS than the Warrior one. Since the Paladin is the character with higher Physical and Magic defence of every char, it should be balanced to have all the right cards to be a Tank but not a DD, that is the Warrior Role.

-Heal skill should be changed to be similar to the Lineage 2 Paladin. Instead of have 1 heal that use MP, make 2 different skills. A sacrifice skill that remove to the Paladin some HP to heal other people for the same ammount (example of 3 skill level 750->1450->2.100) and a heal that use MP but with lesser power. Basically is the Shadomage that should have the most powerfull heals and not the Paladin.

-Avatar should be not a final skill but taken before.

-Bind work at 15m and it's fine as it's, just rebalance all the Holds of all character to be equal for everyone.

-The buffs should be made as party buffs and able to affect also Summons.

-The skill that reduce the target Physical defence is pretty usless, replace it with something usefull.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

maldobar4711

Rank 0
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:35 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
-Paladin damage should be LESS than the Warrior one. Since the Paladin is the character with higher Physical and Magic defence of every char, it should be balanced to have all the right cards to be a Tank but not a DD, that is the Warrior Role.

-Heal skill should be changed to be similar to the Lineage 2 Paladin. Instead of have 1 heal that use MP, make 2 different skills. A sacrifice skill that remove to the Paladin some HP to heal other people for the same ammount (example of 3 skill level 750->1450->2.100) and a heal that use MP but with lesser power. Basically is the Shadomage that should have the most powerfull heals and not the Paladin.

-Avatar should be not a final skill but taken before.

-Bind work at 15m and it's fine as it's, just rebalance all the Holds of all character to be equal for everyone.

-The buffs should be made as party buffs and able to affect also Summons.

-The skill that reduce the target Physical defence is pretty usless, replace it with something usefull.  

###############################
-SM has the most powerfull heal, so no change needed there!

-A heal like an infuse, reducing u own health is kinda rubbish for tanks

-Buffs should affect summons in general no only paladin buffs

-The skill that reduce the target Physical defence is pretty usless, replace it with something usefull --> Each class has useless spells, look for example at the 3. skills of SM before u gain the 1. mana drain spell. Either remove the skillpointeater for all, or for none!

Althamus

Rank 5
Althamus
PostedNov 26, 2012 12:58 pm
a) All the classes need to have their roles better defined.
Paladins are tanks... but deal damage almost as well as a warrior, and have heal and resurrection spells as well as a dispel.
Shadowmages are healers, but deal damage as well as or better than sorceresses.
Warriors are dps... but have heal and taunting abilities.

I'm all for multiclassing, but when you're having trouble working out which role each class is meant to fit into, something ain't right.

b) Paladins should have more tanking skills. I was expecting most of their offensive skills to be based around debuffs, rather than flat damage. In addition, their taunt and pulling skills have way too long a cooldown on them. IMHO, you should be able to spam the taunt button when pulling bosses - the paladin would be not dealing offensive damage, it doesn't work in PvP (?), and stops the boss from rampaging through the casters - I fail to see how it's not a win-win situation to remove the cooldown.

c) I'd prefer more AoEs, but reserve judgement until I reach higher level with the class.

d) Fail to see why anyone'd take holy smash, unless it's AoE in which case it should say so.

Althamus

Rank 5
Althamus
PostedNov 26, 2012 1:17 pm
Bearing in mind the shadowmage can also heal well (and the heal stat is the same as the damage stat) I'd say they're still on top of the sorcerer.

I still think my point stands, the classes should be slightly more defined in their roles. Dps class has the damage party buff, tank class has defence buff etc.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedNov 27, 2012 9:15 am
Although it would require a lot of developer work. I'd like each class to be re-worked so that they can be altered different ways depending on player's play style. As it stands I'll take paladin for example. They've got the option to either go damage (left tree in skills) which gives a multitude of single target stuns and an AoE with a long cooldown. You can also go defensive (right tree in skills) which gives you a bevy of defense and a decent heal but you pretty much can't hold aggro more than 2 seconds every 30 seconds.

I'd like to see the offensive and defensive trees more defined so that they are even worth reaching the last skill in each respective tree. With that I'd also like it to be worthwhile for player's to commit to what they're building. As I was playing I started going tank and shortly switched to hybrid as both sides had very weak late game options.

As a general note just reduce ALL stun duration and cooldowns on the ability's so it's not spammable for all classes. The bind that paladins have (which lasts 6-7 seconds) is a very irresponsible example of rushing an ability that now really needs changed.

I know the game is still new and there's quite a lot to be added in following expansions but an offensive, support, or tank paladin would be great to see. As it is now the only way to play paladin is to hybrid and get the most out of a poor skill system we currently have.

acrowley1313

Rank 0
PostedNov 27, 2012 6:46 pm
I can have to say I so very much love the pally its the only class I worked on the whole CBT. I built 7 def pallys with 7 diff builds and skill sets. Ik some of you are thinking thats not possible but trust me it is. As far as what I personally think should b worked out is the following.

1) More aoe skills for though's like myself that prefer a battle pally over a tank

2) The cool down times on the aoe skills they do have should be shorter

3) Armor of Thorns cool down time should be lengthen and the buff time should b increased

4) Although I love the fact that a pally has the healing and Res skill I personally don't think pallys should have it.

5) Shorter cool down on taunts or at least have them hold aggro longer then like 5 seconds

6) If your going to keep the duel skill tree give us more room as players to multi task with the skills that way u have more of a option in what u wanna do rather it b dps/tank/hybrid.

That's all I got for you if I think of more I will post in the future and I want to say thank you for making a really fun game and can't wait to see how OBT turns out.

p.s If you don't take the pallys heal and res skill away I won't b made being able to self heal and res on the spot save me and some pts on a lot of different occasions Razz

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 27, 2012 7:34 pm
Tbh I like Taunt as is. I dont think one class should be able to control aggro. In effect that's currently true with DK. When one class can absolutely control aggro, it means they can control boss kills. That's a bit unfair for a team that is short on Paladins. The current random 3-4 party dogpile method is fun, and it allows a stealthy person to have an edge on getting the kill.