Taz

Aeria: Product Manager
Taz
PostedNov 25, 2012 1:49 pm

[Class Discussion] Paladin

Hail Dragon Knights!

Everyone has had a chance to dig in, get their hands dirty, and try out the classes in DK Online. We have received a tremendous amount of feedback and many suggestions. We are reading and compiling everything.

For this thread we want to focus specifically on the Paladin. How does the class feel to you if you have played it, or have played against it? How does it rank against other classes? What can be improved? What might need to be balanced better? Let us know here!

Please keep all feedback constructive and specific to the Paladin class. Easiest way to do this is to not respond to other people, post your feedback and leave what other people post alone. Flames will be removed, and any useful feedback within them will be lost--so please do not flame, your feedback is important.

Paladin Feedback

Skills:
-Raise Taunt
-Improve/More AoE skill
-AoE Debuff
-Tweak Healing and Resurrection
-Modify Damage
-Decrease cooldown
-More Shield skill
-Buff skills
-Range spell

Armor:
-Shield Slots for Rune

X
Advertisement

WuKWucko

Rank 0
WuKWucko
PostedNov 25, 2012 2:08 pm
give them more aoe skills

boysalsal

Rank 0
PostedNov 25, 2012 2:25 pm
lessen the cooldown of open ended insults its pretty useless if all aggros will go to ur team mates instead of u. and pls more aoe skills

PaperSpirit

Rank 4
PaperSpirit
PostedNov 25, 2012 2:33 pm
not sure what is going on with that first post XD..
Anyhoo continuing.

>,>

What is the point in giving Paladins a resurrection skill when you can but res scrolls; which are easier to use, plus these don't cost any skill points and have like no cooldown.

that's like a slap in the face to paladins.

(fail... i killed Codux to test the cooldown.... i dint read the description which said 1s cooldown)
----------------------------------
(will post more if anything else comes to me...)

<a></a>

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 25, 2012 2:37 pm
The taunt skills are horrendous.
They just pull aggro off for a split second, then the person you were taunting them off of gets aggro again after 1 hit.

As a 1 handed paladin, you do more damage with your auto attack than with skills.

The Skill tree needs to be sorted out. Change which sides some skills are on.(Avatar/revive for ex.)

Bind range is too far.

Blessed Weapon buff is weak.

Overall, the paladin is a strong class. And I don't hear many complaints about it.

Erioke

Rank 0
PostedNov 25, 2012 2:52 pm
Paladin is truly overpowered, he is like TANK + HEALER + WARRIOR and thats too much.

Less cooldown on ressurection skill
More cooldown on heal skill

caprontos

Rank 1
caprontos
PostedNov 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Paldian atm is a pretty decent class.. over all.

The few things I would like to see (mentioned above some what)...

The taunt skills should raise aggro much better.. I can't be much good as a tank if I lose aggro.. and the aggro skills seem pretty crap to me.. If not totally useless (they seem to do nothing a lot of the time and even if I spam them I lost aggro to the heavier hitters..). Also as said more of my skills should raise aggro.. (shield bash - Divine strike for example).

-------------

Also blessed weapon buff needs to be like 10% attack raise.. and 10% more dmg to devils/undead. This would keep the skill worthwhile through higher levels.

At 10% .. if my attack is 200 it would raise it 220.. just like it does now but later on when my attack is higher it will still give me that same benefit rather then slowly becoming more useless as a skill.

------------------

I feel much like the one sorcerers buff that has a 10 min cool down.. .Avatar's cool down is to long.. at 10mins. Most pvp "Games" atm last 1 hour... Which means I maybe able to use the buff 4-6 times at best.. which means for 2-3mins I am buffed out of .... 60mins.

For this skill to be useable much and be worth the skill point investment I feel the cool down should be reduce to .. No lower then 5mins (aka up to doubled the use time in a 1 hour pvp battle).

This is debatable though because Avatar is quite the buff.. I just feel like the amount of use time is not enough to be that useful..

-------------

Also the resurrection skill is fine.. as unlike the scroll your revived with more HP (up to 100%) and mp (up to 100%). Which could be worth the investment..

However I do feel resurrection skill should be switched with divine sigil.. Divine Sigil seems like more of a Offensive skill which suits Paladins who are trying to get more DPS.. where as the resurrection skill is a support skill.. which paladins working to be more support based would want.

-------------

Possibly other things but not sure atm.. Would have to think about it some more.

Morimiko

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Morimiko
PostedNov 25, 2012 3:17 pm
Have played all the classes now. (5 day delete used)
While playing a Pally, I would love more AoEs, but then you would need no other classes to play.
Pally can do almost everything.
Pally needs better agro skills or much lower cooldowns on agro skills.
AoE very LOW damage but high threat skills are another option.
Increase cooldown on heal. that is the SMs job. It should be there for solo work or for emergencies, not for being unkillable in PVP or soloing group content.
Its a good class overall. Now if only we could have a female one.

Killernecro

Rank 0
Killernecro
PostedNov 25, 2012 6:59 pm
The paladin has good defense and hp, good buffs, i think some skills like provoke must be revised, and some aoe for starting lvl would be great and is neccesary in my opinion, too low damage using sword and shield, this makes me remember the templar knight of last chaos, otherwise great character.

Akash13

Rank 1
Akash13
PostedNov 25, 2012 8:12 pm
add 1-2 shield moves more ,right now he has only 1 skill with shield . i think it is already balanced,no need to change a lot except few minor changes..Smile