Iapis

Rank 4
Iapis
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:44 am

So many threads about the same issues!!!

Hey everyone,
I am not sure how you guys/gals feel, but I am getting a little annoyed by the fact, that everybody comes to the forum with one aim only: Complaining.

It is ok to complain, as long as certain limits are kept in mind.

What I very much dislike, is that since the Maintenance on last week (Monday) and this week (Tuesday), a lot of people are just randomly creating threads about the very same topics.
There were like 4 threads about the missing potions, that were introduced (Monday) and promoted via Facebook.
This week there are like 8+ threads complaining about the patch, this includes the new character, the new inventory, the new map system, etc.

Why don't you all check the threads (at least on the first page of general discussion) before creating yet another thread, in which we all have to start each discussion over and over again.

Thx.

Ps. there is a SEARCH Function in this forum as well. Razz

Advertisement

misfisto

Rank 2
PostedNov 23, 2012 5:03 am
well we all like some offical reply about new pots/scrolls and other things Smile with all server crashes new items be nice Smile

rathov_khan

Rank 4
rathov_khan
PostedNov 23, 2012 5:22 am
Would be nice if - when doing a search - it listed the thread titles related to the search, and not just all the posts in all of the threads. Possibly one reason why they start new threads, instead of wading through endless posts, that don't answer the question or problem !!

Grateful thanks to PupsiK for the awesome sigs !!

SizzIin

Rank 0
SizzIin
PostedNov 23, 2012 5:34 am
Thats what happens when such a terrible idea is introduced, it gets negative complaints, and draws a lot of attention.

Iapis

Rank 4
Iapis
PostedNov 23, 2012 6:02 am
SizzIin wrote:
Thats what happens when such a terrible idea is introduced, it gets negative complaints, and draws a lot of attention.  

Not really an Idea...

It is new content.

The introduction to jumping potions was an idea.

On Topic: I still dont see any reason, why everyone hits 'new topic' when there are numerous thread on the 1st page.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedNov 23, 2012 6:36 am
It is the only time now that forums get lively for a short while. At least makes a change to see posts actually about LC Wink rather than random ones posted in wrong forum about silliness.

I rarely start a thread on something and tend to more respond to others. However lets just say when players are passionate about a certain issue I prefer not to take away their freedom to make their own thread. After all it is their forums.

Yes sometimes there are slightly near to repeat discussions and it is nice to politely show the other post covering it.

We can say to players yes please have a look to see if anyone has already posted on something, but it should just be a polite request or linking ones own thread on the issue in their post.

Some of the posts are however specific to that players own request and vary somewhat from another post.

I have witnessed this dictating before and it is not nice. A happy medium where players are guided in the direction of another post that they missed is good though. When I have put a link in someones post to another thread on the same issue (not necessarily mine) often they say ah missed that and thanks.

There are ways and means of encouraging as half the time a poster has just thought of something that has upset them and posted without looking.

The forums tend to be so quiet now anyway and as I said, even although sometimes repetition is boring quoting your own answer from one thread to another, most players (not all) I dont think do intentionally just to start their own thread.

As I said before at least these complaining threads are about LC Wink and it usually hots up for short while after a patch. One does not need to respond to each thread but sometimes complaining is therapeutic Wink and they just need to get it out of their systems hehe.

rathov_khan

Rank 4
rathov_khan
PostedNov 23, 2012 7:11 am
+1

Well said Lilian, and I agree !! Wink

Have seen threads started complaining of something, simply because there wasn't an obvious complaints thread they could post in. Be nice if there was, not just for or about a specific topic or subject, but a more 'general' thread they could lodge a complaint or grievance - and even better if the GM's took notice of it - and would help to eliminate the need for starting unwanted topics, that Iapis (and I guess others) find problematical !!

Grateful thanks to PupsiK for the awesome sigs !!

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedNov 23, 2012 8:11 am
Iapis on same subject I have noticed you have posted a thread re the last patch. However your subtitle is things you have found. Now what you could have put in your subtitle was post your comments on changes in patch here please.

Link here: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1812791

Now I am not sure whether your post was first or not and to be honest it is not that important. However if you want people to post in your thread and that is your intention then that would encourage them, if it was your purpose, making it clear to others.

Also if you had done this you could link your own thread in others posts guiding them to your thread as some are happy to comment in one place. Just a thought Smile

I also see you have started another thread on same subject for future patches. Encourage rather than demand though, make Titles and Subtitles clear and people will be more inclined to see and post. Smile

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedNov 23, 2012 8:21 am
misfisto wrote:
well we all like some offical reply about new pots/scrolls and other things Smile with all server crashes new items be nice Smile  

As for misfisto we all know he likes posting separate posts for each item. Perhaps we could encourage him to make one post for example for a few and then just add to it Wink Hehehehe! We could call it misfisto's requests or misfisto's thoughts or misfisto's place hehe.

What do you think misfisto, do you like it? smiles fondly Smile

Excuse double post but I felt misfisto deserved separate one Wink

djodjo57

Rank 5
djodjo57
PostedNov 23, 2012 9:07 am
A thread to whine about the others post to whine
lol Mad