new class of toon, no doubt abut it. at least all old rogues are now obsolete. How many dollars did i spend on that Ranger?
Why obsolete? Let's compare a bit.
- Gets Flame Arrow at level 38, with a base cooldown of 7 seconds
- Four attack attack skills that doesn't require invisibility, from level 38 to 122 :
Flame Arrow, Piercing, Deceiving and Stun Shot
- Buffs : Controlled Shooting, a soul skill, Power up and Focus.
- Gets Dark Arrow at level 60, with a base cooldown of 45 seconds.
- Two attack skills that doesn't require invisibility from level 60 to 150 :
Dark Arrow and Arrow Storm.
- Other skills : snare trap, stun trap and poison trap. Very limited usage in PvP and PvE.
- Buffs : attack speed buff (9 -> 8 ), a tiny heal and a tiny HP buff.
Do the traps make up for having less attack skills in PvP? In most cases no. In PvE? No.
Is it better having one attack skill from 60 to 150, along with the attack speed buff, over
all the attack skills, the soul and the buffs of the ranger? No.
Where is the EX-ranger better? Maybe defending at siege with traps, noting that traps
do vanish if stepped on by someone invisible, but the effect doesn't work.
Does the ranger have more viable options in both PvP and PvE? Definitely.