synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 23, 2012 9:16 am
The "Assassin Buff(Sorceress)" does nothing for us. It increases melee damage to players. This needs to be changed to include ranged/spell damage.

The Ice spells on the right side need much less cool down and mana cost. They should be identical in cool down and mana cost to the left side fire spells.

I've been running into a lot of problems in PvP lately. Mainly with timing.
It takes less time for a player to run to me while on their mount, than it does for my spell to go off.
They get into range, I start my spell, my 1 second cast time spell is 75% finished. They are on top of me, they INSTANTLY stun and my spell goes poof. I die 2 seconds later.
I have found no way around this is not fun.

I also, as have many have said, feel like I'm flipping a coin.
Heads or tails, do I stand a chance of winning or is he going to kill me in 3 seconds.

I feel like the Elemental we can summon needs a little something. I mean currently, it gets ignored in PvP and at best has trouble holding agro in PvE.
Give it a taunt spell, or a chance to slow target on hit, something that would say: "Hey, you might want to kill me, I can actually be annoying now!"

I find that at BEST, my damage is on par with Warriors. Higher than Paladins, and only slightly better than Shadow Mages.
But they are all much tankier than I.

Currently, the magic critical rune does not drop from mobs, nor can you get it from combining runes. I thought there wasn't one in the game, until my friend got one from the voucher chest quest.
Please make these a common drop like the rest of the runes.
(While on this note, it would be nice to have higher level runes drop too!)

I feel like upgrading all my armor to +10 is completely useless on Sorceress, what is 120 more armor going to do for us? Shave 50 off the top of their 400 damage overkill?

In the early levels, I had some mana issues, but at 35, I have none at all. I didn't put points into wisdom, ever. I have some wisdom runes on my armor, but I can do fine without them.
Give us some way to put our excess mana to use! Maybe a toggle buff like the SM has, except it doubles the cost of spells for an increase by 25% or 50% damage? I dunno, something!

CAST ANIMATION AFTER CAST BAR FINISHES(Let it be said, that any cast speed increases should be accounted for!)

The "Firestorm" Spell at the end of the left tree, should not require a target to use. As well as it should have a larger AoE, this skill is currently a Sorceresses "last hurrah" It can't be legitimately used in combat due to us dying instantly in melee range.

The slowing skills only do a flat number slow, they should be a % slow instead.

There are 3 ways for players to resist Sorceress spells and only 2 ways for a Sorceress to resist melee attacks. Magic Resist, Magic Dodge, Elemental Resists. Armor, Dodge.

I feel that when the Archer class comes into play, the people who say "They have the ranged class advantage, remember that this can be very strong, and don't make them OP."
Will laugh at Sorceresses and instead fear archers.

I know I've said a lot, and thank you for reading, I love to play the Sorceress class, but at the moment I liken this statement to: I love to use my head as a hammer for nailing wood together.

Advertisement

BasicComplexity

Rank 0
PostedNov 23, 2012 9:33 am
I basically agree with everything unsleashed said. every game i play i fall in love with magic related classes cuz i just love the high damage and the kite mechanics they offer... and thats not the reality here.
as a pure INT left side tree sorcerer with full +10 gear i sometimes still need to hit 3 times a mob of my lvl to kill it. on PvP, my highest dmg skill is fire storm and it's a melee range skill, putting me in a very precarious situation against high damage melee's.

sorcerers SHOULD be op since they are usually (as people stated here already) glass cannions. they're high burst classes with the lowest sustain to balance their power. relying (in a certain way) of critical hits to almost 1 shot people. they ARE NOT supporters as redivivus stated.

we're so weak that we cant even solo to succubus queen room on temple's 3rd floor. as EVERY OTHER class can.

on another aspect, i dont see the point of having a speciall movement speed buff if there's a potion that does the same and upon using it, our movement speed buff disappears. why cant we stack it?

so.. i disagree with bryanfury when the says the cast is the only ONE REAL problem. that just means he's not a sorcerer in this game. should be a warrior or something which are pretty fine in my opinion comparing to sorcerers.

sorceres are ranged.. yes.. but when we cast anything melee classes catch us up SOOO easily, rooting us in place and just 2/3 shotting us. while we need at least 4/5 to kill a warrior and like the double to kill a paladin with heals of their own.
i cant even imagine a 1v1 with an archer with sorcerers with this issues.

the % on the poll of which class people plan on playing as in DKO speaks for itself.

EDIT: when i wrote this, synster14's posts wasnt there yet and he has some pretty valid points as well

Shoshko

Rank 0
PostedNov 23, 2012 12:32 pm
Sorcerer flaws are ALOT. First of all, in all mmos are class that do most dmg and is the noob choice cuz on same WEAK gear it beats melee classes at low mid levels. I dont see this i see all skills being used with a very long cast speed and the animation lock is a BIG problem.

Sorcerer tree is like upside down. u SHOULD give a low lvl aoe for farming being smooth with low cool down no elementary effect (maybe u implement later) and at the end of the tree u offer straight foced dmg on One enemy. but u make sorcerer end tree alot cd I mean WTF I stay at the back in RvR spaming 2 aoe skills run waiting cd then cast run etc...

u dont offer much pvp techniques aspects. I like to do tactics beating stronger enemies but this game is so straight forward with those skills just casting straight dmg and the stronger wins. This isnt fun for mage class cuz I dont see the LOGIC element in pvping with those skills.

What I think of to fix Sorcerer:

1- TREE REMAKING, aoes at low level for farming with speed casting (0.5 sec) and low cool down so that such aoes dmg at cap level is not good enough as wont be used. make the end of tree some 1 enemy focused dmg like 2-3 skills, 1 skill does very High dmg (finishing blow) but with Very high cd like 2-4 minutes.
2- that summon is disaster. Decrease his dmg alot hes a lv 1 summon while INCREASE his def and HP that thing dont survive pve at all spamming him with 150 mp is....
3- making 2 running skills in a caster tree u serious ???
4- most skills have 50% chance to..... truth is its more like 25-30% chance make it 40 cuz for me in pvp and pve its like 10% or lower....
4- change the assassin and defender thats stupid for this class
5- decrease mobs dmg for all classes, 3 aggro at low lvl = death
6- +10 staff runed and this pve dmg something is NOT right considering the xp rate at level 35 (wont last long)
7- implement a % magic dmg skill like warrior not straight + like 50-100-150 magic
8- theres no such thing called support mages -.- Make it like a caster tree and summoner tree

BTW I have one thing i think u should notice:
Support warrior is very OP champ end game and as far as level goes. Have u even considered the block rate runes hes gonna become beyond beast and unkillable later xD

Baronesa

Rank 0
PostedNov 23, 2012 1:34 pm
Higher % chance in frost shield and sleep would help us alot, lower cooldown in ice blast. More damage in general. Playing a shadowmage right now after leveling 3 sorcerers to 30, 2 pures and 1 hybrid. The damage difference is not that big and they heal and aoe same or even better. The heal will save them always, the cc probably wont. Zephyr is a bad joke I wouldnt use it even if it were in a min cd...

Un.Leashed

Rank 0
Un.Leashed
PostedNov 23, 2012 2:55 pm
So i've been fooling around 1v1ing with a paladin and i came to a conclusion.

It's almost impossible for a sorcerer to even 1v1 a paladin and win.

First of all they can just hit you 3 times and you're dead. Enough said about this point and paladin's damage on sorcerers.

I barely could kite him with or without cc spells since he could always catch me and lock me in place besides the fact that i was wasting time casting cc spells and the effect failed several times.

On top of that we tested if Whirlwind and Ice Lance would stack movement speed debuff... and it doesn't. In my opinion, it SHOULD. Makes no sense to me that if i hit someone with Whirlwind (-175ms) and then hit him with Ice Lance (-150), the Whirlwind effect just automatically cancels.

Still concerning the aspect in a 1v1 situation, paladins have a skill that protects them from 2 spells, so... by the time we hit the 3rd skill we'r probably almost dying.

According to damage i was hitting a paladin with twice my hp and no buffs for an average between 450~700 a hit, except when using Firestorm for an average of 1.4k which he could heal right away and remove the fire burn dot, adding the fact that by then i was at melee range.

I know paladins are tanks but there's gotta be a VERY low % of success rate when dueling against them with a sorcerer like this.

Im not saying paladins need to be nerfed, they have high roles in DK, im just saying sorceres really need a buff or there won't be many of them in OBT...

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:06 pm
This is a game which the main attraction is castle sieges / rvr / gvg. Balancing based on 1v1 is not logical.

I will use the last MMO I played Waren Story as an example. I played an archer there, and in the group PVP, archers and gunners were always on top in score(A couple over geared warriors did well, especially in lower numbers) assuming there were more then 10 people on each side. However, if a brawler or warrior got to us, they would kill us in 3 hits, some 2. Melee classes also did more DPS. However, ranged classes still had best results.

While I agree sorc is flawed at the moment, asking them to beat warriors and pallys in 1v1 is unrealistic. Who in their right mind would play a warrior or pally then?

In my opinion, the reason sorc isn't viable is because of shadow mage being a much better choice because their dps is comparable, and game breaking heals. Not to mention, the last time i dueled syn, I only came out of it with 500 hp, and I have a +15.

ALynn2012

Rank 0
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:10 pm
From my time playing (first as shadowmage and then as sorc)

Fix cast time on spells, they are currently way to slow even for pve, pvp all i have time for on my shadowmage is to spam crit heal till my mana is out or im stunned (havent tested sorc in pvp yet but i know they have similar issues)

And give sorc an hp buff, my sorc is lvl 23 and has like 875 hp max. It is hard enough to survive in temple as sm with 2k hp and crit heal (manageable though) but i must say, i am terrified for when i need to take sorc in)

Un.Leashed

Rank 0
Un.Leashed
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:20 pm
MPure wrote:

You misunderstood me.
Im not saying by all means that sorcerers and paladins or any other class should all be even in a 1v1 situation. That makes no sense to me either.

All i'm saying is that the difference is quite big atm. And i just exemplified some of the mechanical flaws on sorcerers in a 1v1 situation.

acidthao

Rank 2
acidthao
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:34 pm
sorceress just need more power to the magic. mage are to be weak but over powering on off magic. which it lacks. i solo wolves. lure to water fall so i can 1vs1 but had to use pot. and from 2x stat glitch id say plad can't play solo or sorc because lack of agi and dex = no mob killing. a full dex or agy build plad can't solo and kill mob effectively.
FROM A DOMO prospective.

Edit: This game was not build around class or partying.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:40 pm
MPure wrote:
This is a game which the main attraction is castle sieges / rvr / gvg. Balancing based on 1v1 is not logical.

I will use the last MMO I played Waren Story as an example. I played an archer there, and in the group PVP, archers and gunners were always on top in score(A couple over geared warriors did well, especially in lower numbers) assuming there were more then 10 people on each side. However, if a brawler or warrior got to us, they would kill us in 3 hits, some 2. Melee classes also did more DPS. However, ranged classes still had best results.

While I agree sorc is flawed at the moment, asking them to beat warriors and pallys in 1v1 is unrealistic. Who in their right mind would play a warrior or pally then?

In my opinion, the reason sorc isn't viable is because of shadow mage being a much better choice because their dps is comparable, and game breaking heals. Not to mention, the last time i dueled syn, I only came out of it with 500 hp, and I have a +15.  

I died in what....2 hits? Maybe it was 3, I can't remember...
I also managed to stun you.

I do agree that balancing in 1v1 is silly. But, it doesn't take a warrior with a +15 weapon to beat a sorc.
It only takes a paladin with a 1 hander and he just sits on us and beats us down, and we can't even out damage his own personal heal...

Honestly, for all the suggestions I've made. And I've made a lot, we really need that cast animation change.
We could really use that AND and a skill respec BEFORE CBT is over.
It's hard for us to judge a class when not everyone has had the chance to try out the class at it's fullest.
Heck we have not even seen level 56 combat.

Let's just get that cast animation fix, and some of the smaller things. That way we aren't completely overpowering the class.

I think I've said it like 50 times now? CAST ANIMATION FIX PLEASE!