Author Message

Fureshi

Rank 0
Fureshi
Joined
29 Sep 2012
Posts
3
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Defensive Cool Down on Brawls

Mia.Skye wrote:
Fureshi wrote:
I finally acquired Holyn's Orange bottle at 7am today. I put 19 traps on it, hoping to obtain the Purple bottle later on. I went to work and when I returned home at 6:30pm, the traps had been sprung and the bottle stolen. I'm not sure if the admins understand how rare that bottle is but 90% of the time it seems, no one has it. My issue is not so much the fact that the bottle is next to unobtainable. Rather, the fact that I was attacked over 20 times in less that 12hrs. I don't even restore ATK that fast!

I think it would be fair to set up a shield for around 3hrs after failing to defend against an enemy's attacks (dare I point to Clash of Clans) instead of wasting so much gold on delaying the inevitable. If you could also make the bottles a little more accessible, even if it means buying them, this would be most helpful.

Thanks

フレシ  


I hate to break it to you, but it is your prerogative to defend your bottles appropriately, whether it be by getting a better defense or by acquiring more booby-traps, because you cannot expect everyone to graciously let you hold on to a rare bottle for 12 hours.  


I appreciate your point and I totally agree. But there is a difference between a bad defence and being ganked.
Advertisement

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
Joined
25 Jan 2013
Posts
106
Location
Victoria Canada
PostedMar 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: Defensive Cool Down on Brawls

Everyone wrote:

[...blah...]
 


I think the whole point of this is being missed, as well as the suggestions are quite elaborate for such a simple tweak to fix.

How about, "Hey! Can you raise the ridiculously low rate of getting some bottles so that it becomes more possible to find and hold on to them?"


Players can only attack you once every 8 hours. That seems more than fair enough to me for defending purposes.
If you have something everyone wants, odds are everyone's gonna try to take it.
If you have something that isn't so rare that it's so feverishly sought after, you'd have to fend off less players.

allenw96

Rank 0
allenw96
Joined
04 Dec 2012
Posts
14
Location
Sewickely United States
PostedMar 07, 2013 7:39 pm

More time between events

I think we need more time between events because it is very hard for people to keep up with so many events if they happen one after another and they are not given enough time to rest. Also, people who don't buy gold do not have enough draught jugs and cups during the event because they only get the daily one have a hard time fighting the boss, which makes it unfair to non-gold buyers.

LiuBei90

Rank 0
Joined
18 Oct 2009
Posts
6
Location
New Zealand
PostedMar 09, 2013 1:46 am

lol you guys are awesome

GMMochi wrote:
MoonLegend21 wrote:
To list a few:

-Login Rewards: It would entice and help encourage players to cruise though the game everyday. 'Rewarding Loyalty' to simply put.

-Add BGM and more SFX: Game seems to have a lot less personality without one. (Or maybe the app is bugged Razz)

-Lower the prices for Shop Items: Or have more sale events, as Items are quite pricy (Not to mention the 'Statue of Nerides; 350 gold is ridiculous).  


Thanks for your feedback, we will definitely look into enhancing our features to make the game more desirable.

We will definitely have promotions soon, stay tuned!
 


just realized you guys change the Statue of Nerides from 350 gold to 450 gold each, good job troll

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
Joined
25 Jan 2013
Posts
106
Location
Victoria Canada
PostedMar 10, 2013 10:48 pm
How about a leprechaun pirate encounter for St. Patrick's day? Not a raid, just something like the lightning brigade or elderage that pops up and rewards a bunch of pence?
Or gold if you feel really generous.. >.>

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
Joined
12 Feb 2013
Posts
96
Location
United States
PostedMar 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Wow, I really hate the fact that this forum kicks you out if you're "inactive" for too long, and this accounts for even the occasions you make a long forum post. My face as I click the back button to find my entire post gone.

Retyping this for the second time:


1) Better Communication System. I believe I've mentioned this above, and the game staff has already seen it, but allow me to place it here as a reminder.

2) Cut down the prices in the shops. LiuBei complained about statue prices, but in all honesty, that doesn't really matter, lol. Event pirates are better, and as Ross would say, better to spend it on Gold Rescues instead. (Sorry for quoting you like this, Ross)

Alternatively, make gold cheaper. The current price is rather high; I'm not sure of any sane person who would spend $150 at once for this game, unless they have money they're willing to literally burn.

3) More things to do. Right now, after about a month or two of playing this game, I'm already almost done with the Santus Storyline, despite the fact that most of my STA restoring items were used for reaching the 100th floor in the Succubus Events. After I clear all the storylines, all I can think of doing in this game is derping around in the guild brawls.

When I was reading reviews for this game, one of the more detailed reviewers said that this game was "nothing but sexy pirates". While I agree with him to a certain extent, I feel as if there is more potential than that in this game.

4) What happened to that debate of "whether or not guild members can initiate brawls"? If the staff was only asking us our opinion for the lawls, I would be one sad noob.


I understand that the following suggestion may be very hard to implement, but I guarantee that in the views of the player, such features would be very appealing, and even ideal, in a card game.

-) Health System, where the captain (player) has a certain HP that must be depleted to 0 by using offensive cards. Of course, defensive cards can be used to sustain "damage" and return attacks.

With my idea right now, the system acts somewhat like this:

The player must create several "squads" of attack and several "lines" of defense beforehand. Using the pirate team he is given (obviously, there will be more need for larger capacity of cards if this is implemented), without any repeating pirates. (I'm thinking of 5 squads and 5 lines, respectively)

The player must select beforehand (IMPORTANT), of the orders of defense lines and attack squads. Each defense line and attack squad is used once in the battle.

When battle initiates, player A's attack squad attacks player B's defense line. If the attack was enough, player B is damaged in proportion to the "overkill" (like Yugioh), but if not, player B's defense line's ATTACK stat (which is likely lower, as the defense is higher) is used to damage player A in return.

It doesn't need to be that "the sum of pirate's attack stat"="attacking strength of the attack squad", per se... whether or not the "defense was pierced" can be determined in the same way how a brawl is determined a win or a loss right now. This effectively eliminates the incentive for defenders to simply using high stat cards. Of course, the cost restrictions will still be applied as normal; I like that system as it is.

These "turns" are repeated until all the lines have participated, and the team with more HP remaining for the captain is deemed the winner (of course, if you manage to reduce the opponent captain's HP to 0 before this, you end the battle earlier). With this, it is possible to win only one "turn" and still win.

This Real Time Strategy (RTS) styled battle is much more exciting, random, and heartpounding than facing 5 pirates with each other and hoping your attack stat is higher than your opponent's defense stat. While it is true that RTS styled game is hard for a mobile device, with the number of players in this game already, I feel as if that problem is abysmal.

plokplok

Rank 0
Joined
11 Feb 2009
Posts
14
Location
Australia
PostedMar 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: More time between events

allenw96 wrote:
I think we need more time between events because it is very hard for people to keep up with so many events if they happen one after another and they are not given enough time to rest. Also, people who don't buy gold do not have enough draught jugs and cups during the event because they only get the daily one have a hard time fighting the boss, which makes it unfair to non-gold buyers.  


Guys, I agree with this.

Player Reasons:
Players need time to max their current cards. It obviously costs pence, and in events I find I never have enough pence. Also we need time to get feeder cards to level them up.
I still have cards from 2 events ago I want to level up....

Business reasons:
Obviously events are a great way for Aeria to make money. However if you have them every week, then what incentive is their for the players to put down more money?
1: Players dont have enough money to purchase items every event at this rate.
2: Players won't bother because there will just be another one next week, and the week after.

While I really like events, I would prefer them to be spaced out a little more. The time that was then used to have an event every week could then be invested into other improvments for this game.

Just my two cents.

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
Joined
12 Feb 2013
Posts
96
Location
United States
PostedMar 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: More time between events

plokplok wrote:
allenw96 wrote:
I think we need more time between events because it is very hard for people to keep up with so many events if they happen one after another and they are not given enough time to rest. Also, people who don't buy gold do not have enough draught jugs and cups during the event because they only get the daily one have a hard time fighting the boss, which makes it unfair to non-gold buyers.  


Guys, I agree with this.

Player Reasons:
Players need time to max their current cards. It obviously costs pence, and in events I find I never have enough pence. Also we need time to get feeder cards to level them up.
I still have cards from 2 events ago I want to level up....

Business reasons:
Obviously events are a great way for Aeria to make money. However if you have them every week, then what incentive is their for the players to put down more money?
1: Players dont have enough money to purchase items every event at this rate.
2: Players won't bother because there will just be another one next week, and the week after.

While I really like events, I would prefer them to be spaced out a little more. The time that was then used to have an event every week could then be invested into other improvments for this game.

Just my two cents.  


I'll be completely honest with you.
I buy gold occasionally, but not enough to have any significant form of advantage over any other players.

Even for that kind of a player, I finished Ruby's 65th kill without purchasing extra Kraken jugs, about a week before the event ended.

It's all about strategy, guys, and you just can't deny the fact that some people are going to have advantages by buying gold.

In all of these events, anyone up to rank 200 received all the limited edition cards. For this Invasion Event, the top 300 players receive all three cards. While the top 10 may receive 20 jugs in addition, it's probably because they already spend their own jugs, and possibly even more than they actually receive. In that sense, people in rank 180 or so, who uses no jugs are "getting the better deal".

In this sense, I have to disagree that downtime is (in any sense), good. Moreover, I feel that if there's no event, there's really nothing else to do but Story Mode and Guild Brawl, both of which is extremely repetitive and for the former, finite.

Events like this also tend to "balance out" the game, by inputting more SR pirates into the game. With this, the active players (who in my opinion should be the "most powerful") is getting all the good pirates for their crew, and being able to stand among the top ranking players.

Of course, spending >$1000 on rescues and such for Ebonies and Athenas will make you the TOP player, but that's an investment that's not for us casual players.

tl;dr, I started this game 2 months ago and I have no problem with back-to-back events, without buying gold. If I can do it, so can you.

EDIT: As for the problem with Pence, you should brawl more.
I have 100k+ pence, and I try to enhance as much as possible (aka, I've NEVER dismissed a pirate). Each brawl tends to give me anywhere between 500-700 pence, and compared to winks, pence tends to pile up much faster.
Of course, if you have extra pirates, you can dismiss them for extra pence, but that's a choice you make.

vitamea73

Rank 0
Joined
14 Mar 2013
Posts
31
Location
Singapore
PostedMar 31, 2013 4:08 am
hadezs769 wrote:
Id love to be able to play this game but.I.don't own an apple product to.play it. If only you could bring it to android also or computer.  


Yes. This game would be more fun with fresh mea.... eer new players. Bring it on to android already!

allenw96

Rank 0
allenw96
Joined
04 Dec 2012
Posts
14
Location
Sewickely United States
PostedApr 01, 2013 8:16 pm

We should have a way to trade cards

I think that we should have a way to trade cards in Pirate Maidens like we have in Monster Paradise. It makes it easier for people to obtain cards that they are desperately looking for.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: