joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedNov 22, 2012 7:08 am   Last edited by joer130 on Nov 26, 2012 11:30 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Introducing Dragon Knight!

For those who are not there yet.

Hello Eternal Guardians!

The recent updates to Eden Eternal gave us the 4th Tier in the Defense Class Branch, Dragon Knight.

I know that most people are excited to try this new class; however, not all of us are level 70 to experience this new update.

With no further delay, I give you Dragon Knight Class Highlight!

Dragon Knight Class Highlight Skills and General Gameplay

Review:

General Thoughts:

Dragon Knight seems exciting to play. It is very versatile with M-DPS, P-DPS or Tank playing style to choose from. Since I main magic, I went ahead and choose the M-DPS playing style. This saves me money with my existing glyphs, trophies and accessories. Spears/Pike are cool looking.

Positives:
Dragon Knight uses parry for defense. It has a certificate that recovers HP for every successful parry.

The DPS capabilities of DK is very promising. With +7 Blue Spear, I can hit around 11~15k Damage without using Sadness Ring.
Again, DK is very versatile class and can be anything you want Tank/DPS/Magic.
DK has a new immobilization skill called "Silence/Mundane."
Reverse Scale can nullify the damage for 1.5 second.

Negatives:
Parry only works on Physical Damage.
Blue/Yellow Spears are durability suckers because of Parry. This will make your spear break in 10~30 minutes play time.
Mundane/Silence Status is only 3 seconds long.
There are no Spear merchants yet. Sad
Casters can easily kill them.

PvE
Dragon Knight works the best in PvE. It deals huge amount of damage if you choose the M-DPS Build. The stacks of damage bonuses with Sadness Ring can hit 40~50k Damage. There are some issues with holding malice. The Dragon Mode Buffs are way too OP.

PvP
I have seen strong Dragon Knights in PvP. They use Agi/EVA/Parry Build. They use the Aven Fame Arena Set. They have high M-Crit Rate/EVA/Parry based and kills players fast (scary).

Overall Impression:
Dragon Knight is a tank/DPS/Magic in one. Parry-Healing is very promising. I am hoping for parry-able magic attacks. Overall, a really nice addition to the Eden Eternal Class Roster.

More Videos at:
joerFilipinas on Youtube

Like, Comment and Subscribe!
Advertisement

brenin_llwyd

Rank 3
PostedNov 22, 2012 7:29 am
Okay, that's by far the coolest class imho.

Blackogre

Rank 0
PostedNov 22, 2012 11:24 am

Re: Introducing Dragon Knight!

For those who are not there yet.
joer130 wrote:

Casters can easily kill them.

Cmon, casters can easily kill any class. ):

joer130 wrote:

Mundane/Silence Status is only 3 seconds long.

Can you explain this to me? I dont see anything in the video about this status.
BTW, DK is able to stack Drake Modes?

nice post and video (: thank you

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedNov 22, 2012 11:34 am
Seems nice tbh *.*
Also watched most of your vids today ..would never have wanted to try Warlock more before watching Very Happy

pear48.1990

Rank 0
pear48.1990
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:47 pm
whats the difference with templar? just the parry instead of block?

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedNov 22, 2012 3:42 pm   Last edited by joer130 on Nov 23, 2012 9:50 am. Edited 1 time in total
@Blackogre

Cmon, casters can easily kill any class. ):

Answer: What I'm trying to say is that DK is completely naked against MDPS in contrast to its other tank counterparts, which use shield to block magic.  

Can you explain this to me? I dont see anything in the video about this status.
BTW, DK is able to stack Drake Modes?

Answer:
If you are under Hidden Drake Mode:
Hidden Drake Mode
Increases DEF and MAX HP. “Reverse Scale” and “Drake Fang Ambush” have the following effects: Reverse Scale: Recovers 1500 HP after a successful counter attack. Greatly increases malice generated for 3 seconds. Drake Fang Ambush: Causes the target’s casting to fail. Lasts for 3 seconds.

Yes, Drake Modes can be stacked. But it is recommended to use 1 at a time. Wink  

@ Gin1010ger
Seems nice tbh *.*
Also watched most of your vids today ..would never have wanted to try Warlock more before watching

Comment: I was like that too with PDPS. It turned out I like Blade Dancer and MA a lot.  

@pear48.1990
whats the difference with templar? just the parry instead of block?

The difference between Templar and DK is worlds apart.
Templar uses shield and can heal. It is basically a healer/tank/MDPS in one. Templar can knockdown enemies and use holy magic.

Dragon Knight on the other hand use spear and parry. It is a tank/PDPS/MDPS in one. DK can silence enemies and deal massive damage with stacks of damage bonuses. DK can only parry physical damage and not magic damage. DK has reverse scale skill that reflects 100% of the damage. DK uses fire magic.  

eagereagle

Rank 0
PostedNov 23, 2012 7:22 am
Question on Reverse Scale
1.How do you use Reverse Scale effectively? Do you cast it before the enemy is about to hit you or keep spamming it? (I see you highlight it as a buff)

2.When will you know you counterattacked? Is it when the enemy has a Reverse Scale icon? (I noticed sometimes the enemy will have a Reverse Scale debuff)

3.How does Hidden Drake Mode increase malice on Reverse Scale? When you cast it as a buff? Or when you counterattacked?

An unrelated question, how well do DK hold malice?

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedNov 23, 2012 10:14 am
1.How do you use Reverse Scale effectively? Do you cast it before the enemy is about to hit you or keep spamming it? (I see you highlight it as a buff)

It has like 3 seconds cool down. Yea, This skill is kinda tricky. Its neither useful or useless. Timing is important.  

2.When will you know you counterattacked? Is it when the enemy has a Reverse Scale icon? (I noticed sometimes the enemy will have a Reverse Scale debuff)

On the DK's interface, yes, you will have the Reverse Scale buff. Also, if the counter attack is successful, you can see the damage from the enemy is "0" and is reflected back.  

3.How does Hidden Drake Mode increase malice on Reverse Scale? When you cast it as a buff? Or when you counterattacked?

When you successfully counterattacked, you are given by a "malice" buff from Reverse Scale.  

An unrelated question, how well do DK hold malice?

Not that well. DK skills have no malice effect unlike warrior, knight or templar. However, it deals massive damage that greatly influences malice. I've been with a DK tank during dungeon runs while using mage. He does have some issues keeping malice up.  

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedNov 23, 2012 12:30 pm
You're supposed to quote the question.. not the answer. Razz

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedNov 23, 2012 9:36 pm
sweetxdevil357 wrote:
You're supposed to quote the question.. not the answer. Razz  

I like the box effect of the quotes thats why Razz