Pianistastic1

Rank 0
Pianistastic1
PostedNov 21, 2012 7:58 pm   Last edited by Pianistastic1 on Nov 22, 2012 3:55 am. Edited 1 time in total

Compositions

Seeking Feedback.
-Hi! My name is Jonathan and i'm a self-taught, amateur composer. I began teaching myself to play the piano at seventeen. After a few months i enrolled in a community college's music program where i learned the fundamentals of music theory. However, i dropped out after three semesters due to financial reasons.

-In the approximate two and half years since then (I'm now twenty), I've taught myself the basics of audio engineering through a process of trial and error accompanied by Google searches.

-The music i write is best described as classical fusion, i think. It dances on the line between melodic ambiance and and epic film score. Every piece has been manually sequenced in either FLS 10 or Acid Pro 7. No midi controllers or recordings were used.

-I've posted here a link to my main Soundcloud page where all of my posted music can be heard.
http://soundcloud.com/pianistastic

-Also here i will post a link to my newest song, uploaded this morning, with which i am most concerned and excited about.
http://soundcloud.com/pianistastic/untitled-part-1

I should like to thank anyone for listening that does. Feedback in any form is welcome and is in fact what i am seeking.

Thank you very much.
-Jonathan DeLapp
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 21, 2012 8:25 pm
Listened to some, they are very nicely done. Retrospect is my fav. ^-^ I feel like you'd do good game compositions.

Pianistastic1

Rank 0
Pianistastic1
PostedNov 21, 2012 10:12 pm
Thanks! A great many people have said that about my music and games. It's definitely something i'd be interested in, if only the opportunity would present itself. Smile

Anyway, i very much appreciate you listening!

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:24 am
The "Part One" which is still untitled is really beautiful, you're very talented! ♥

Pianistastic1

Rank 0
Pianistastic1
PostedNov 22, 2012 9:11 am
Thank you! That's pleasing to hear. Smile

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedNov 22, 2012 10:08 am
Pianistastic1 wrote:
Thank you! That's pleasing to hear. Smile  

I simply adore instrumental music, especially piano pieces. I'm looking forward to hear more of your beautiful music. :3

Pianistastic1

Rank 0
Pianistastic1
PostedNov 22, 2012 10:52 am
iBambi wrote:
I simply adore instrumental music, especially piano pieces. I'm looking forward to hear more of your beautiful music. :3  

I greatly appreciate your words; they are a warmly welcomed inspiration.

What's the name of the music that auto-plays on your profile? I quite enjoyed it.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedNov 22, 2012 11:12 am
Pianistastic1 wrote:
iBambi wrote:

I greatly appreciate your words; they are a warmly welcomed inspiration.

What's the name of the music that auto-plays on your profile? I quite enjoyed it.  

Dai - You, it's an instrumental version of an OST from Higurashi. ♥