Fieryzz

Rank 1
Fieryzz
PostedNov 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Fix Arena

Put it back to how it used to be
Here's something many people have been wondering for a year or so...

Why did you add the Dragon Forms to hellfire arena? Why did you remove the guardian bits at player spawns?

Removal of the guardians absolutely encourages spawn camping, which is quite annoying. If he really wanted to, an AM for example could just stand there the whole match using AOE to unstealth everyone, and to make it worse, half the team could be there not letting anyone even exit the area. Some people do this. Too many people camp spawns.

Adding an OP dragon form with OP evade, OP damage, 100% crit rate, bull charge, snare skill and +1000% (approx.)? Nice one. There was no point in adding such a crazy thing, the arena was balanced without it. And the argument "well both sides get it so it's fair" doesn't work because that just defeats the purpose of having it.

These are some of the worst updates GFO has ever gotten. Return it to how it was. While you're at it, re-allow people to join mid-game too.

Advertisement

Alugirl

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2012 6:49 am
yep....
also why are the raid/assault machines usable in the arena? they have 100% true hit rate*and also with machines which can be spawned during the fight to kill the enemy it isn't even PvP anymore.... so remove them from PvP please....

raikoohero

Rank 1
raikoohero
PostedDec 31, 2012 8:36 am
True, I hate when people start camping inside base. They should return the Guardians & and ban the Assault Machines. I understand the pet summons like the emmisary and stuff, so people can counter stealth but assault machines are going too far.

They could nerf the Dragon Buff a bit like 10% increase in stats or so. Just an idea. As in the effect, your stats are increased 10%.

RebleFox

Rank 2
RebleFox
PostedDec 31, 2012 11:48 am
-.- they removed the bits and replaced it with a BUFF which you get when you walk through the tele thing, it makes you unkillable and in stealth so who's fault is it that you pots or skill buff when you came out canceling the buff given? the buff stops camping since you cant be killed when you come out. and you shouldnt spawn camp anyway

the dragon is there to give the losing side a CHANCE at winning that's why it's OP it's there to help them out, and HF is not always balanced since one team could be full of geared player compare to the other with barely any and having a 10% increase in stats not going to help much

idk about assault machine havent been to high arena but work round it like sins have to around zerks bull charge

the joining in mid-game is nice to have back since sometime teams are unbalance and I like to go to other to help out but people can just exploit it by just calling an OP person to join and one team member to quit just so they win, defeats the point of working together and would just ruin arena

raikoohero

Rank 1
raikoohero
PostedJan 01, 2013 6:55 pm
RebleFox wrote:
-.- they removed the bits and replaced it with a BUFF which you get when you walk through the tele thing, it makes you unkillable and in stealth so who's fault is it that you pots or skill buff when you came out canceling the buff given? the buff stops camping since you cant be killed when you come out. and you shouldnt spawn camp anyway

the dragon is there to give the losing side a CHANCE at winning that's why it's OP it's there to help them out, and HF is not always balanced since one team could be full of geared player compare to the other with barely any and having a 10% increase in stats not going to help much

idk about assault machine havent been to high arena but work round it like sins have to around zerks bull charge

the joining in mid-game is nice to have back since sometime teams are unbalance and I like to go to other to help out but people can just exploit it by just calling an OP person to join and one team member to quit just so they win, defeats the point of working together and would just ruin arena  

This "buff" wears off.

Dai LV 56 Paladin Bodor <CrystalArcXV> Ad finem temporis! To the end of time! Everybody relates to others and shares something with them. That's why we can never truly be free.That's what makes us feel joy, sadness and love.

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedJan 02, 2013 12:20 am
I didn't pvp much when the gaurdian bits were around, but as far as the dragon goes, not really much of a difference either way providing both dragons know how to use it. A decent rooter can make a dragon completely useless, but that's only useful when the other team is falling apart and not playing gank the rooter, making that tactic most useful if you're already winning. Both sides get it meaning it's way to easy for the stronger team to reverse the damage. In the end, it's just a way for one lucky person to boost his score on each team. The only argument that can be made is it is pointless, not that it's op...

Assault machines is another manner entirely. Yes, it is a good skill. Sure, spamming is annoying. But it's a skill that DS have. It doesn't one shot people unless you're a noob in tm or need some serious work on your gear. I don't know your class, but how would you like it if people told you not to use your favorite/best/tolliess skill?

On spawn camping. That's gotta be the only reason I ever RQd. Preferably you can gripe at the camper, then kill him. Thankfully at least for me I've run into very few spawn campers. Guess as a relatively new pvpr I can't say much about it.

"Radical Edward's profile is a seven foot tall ex-basketball pro Hindu guru drag-queen alien." ―Jet Black

RebleFox

Rank 2
RebleFox
PostedJan 02, 2013 12:49 pm
the buffs wears of in round 30 seconds, that mean 30 seconds of you being unkillable it also give you running speed meaning you could get away from your spawn point so if you dont run from it it's your fault
in HF 30 seconds is really all you need, it's not even a large arena and the crystal moves around - wanting this buff to be more then 30 seconds is really just being childish surely in 30 seconds you can deside what to do instead of sitting around watching and waiting for the round to end. you could at least attack the crystal even if you dont win you get points.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: Fix Arena

Actually, some of the "worst" updates GFO has gotten currently is MO caps with no gold sinks, anti-stun armor, the attempted anti-stun fix, guild wars, dungeon stealth nerf, and those stupid *** bits.

Removing the guardian bits promoted better PVP. When the bits were still here, PVP amounted to who could sprint to the bits fast enough when their HP was low and which team was best at luring the other team to bits so their bit camping mage could wreck/CC them and nothing could be done because of the bit 1 shot.

Bits ruined PVP, much more then any dragon form, anti-stun, or class nerf. Spawn camping can be avoided and worked against. Being lured and now even pulled to bits is bull ****.

The dragon isn't even that OP, all these QQ threads about it make it sound like it's some HALF HOUR LONG FORM THAT IS IMPOSSIBRU TO KILL OR CC. It's not. Chill out and educate yourselves on how to counter something that has 3 skills. None of which is a heal or cure.

Element.Ag

Rank 0
Element.Ag
PostedJan 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: Fix Arena

Kalashnikovaa wrote:
Actually, some of the "worst" updates GFO has gotten currently is MO caps with no gold sinks, anti-stun armor, the attempted anti-stun fix, guild wars, dungeon stealth nerf, and those stupid *** bits.

Removing the guardian bits promoted better PVP. When the bits were still here, PVP amounted to who could sprint to the bits fast enough when their HP was low and which team was best at luring the other team to bits so their bit camping mage could wreck/CC them and nothing could be done because of the bit 1 shot.

Bits ruined PVP, much more then any dragon form, anti-stun, or class nerf. Spawn camping can be avoided and worked against. Being lured and now even pulled to bits is bull ****.

The dragon isn't even that OP, all these QQ threads about it make it sound like it's some HALF HOUR LONG FORM THAT IS IMPOSSIBRU TO KILL OR CC. It's not. Chill out and educate yourselves on how to counter something that has 3 skills. None of which is a heal or cure.  

Please educate me how to counter a dragon that one-charges me on sight.

My class can't evade or reach extremely high levels of damage reduction easily. I've been one-charged with tank talents and +15 armor & shield. I can neither stun nor slow it. Depending on the class that gets transformed, it can be very difficult to land hits on.

Also explain how I kill said dragon with 4 other combatants attacking me and trying their hardest to keep me from killing it. Also, some teammates can and will buff and heal it. That of course is only if it hasn't leeched thousands of HP off of the crystal while capping.

Mind you, I've fought teams where people will sit in the middle of close games around the 160 point mark. Once the other team reaches around 200 points, they can abuse the dragon for five minutes straight. Five minutes is a quarter of the maximum time in Hellfire arena. In order to get a dragon at that point, the dragon-less team would have to be down 200 to 235. That's very high risk and can easily become a losing situation.

The issue with the dragon isn't really about horrible teams getting it. Horrible teams will still lose with it. It's about the devs believing a 35 point gap warrants such a strong boost in strength for the other team. If the two teams are relatively even in strength, the dragon noticeably tips the scales.

Imagine you fight a hard match against a good team and manage to gain momentum and a large score lead. Now you have to exert twice as much effort to even win the game. You have to pray that your class can affect the dragon (roots) or can tank more than one attack, you have to pray that the other team doesn't have a prophet, and you have to pray that your team isn't anchored by one really talented player else they'll be targeted repeatedly.

Even if you give me a solution that solves all of my problems, I still would like to argue why the mechanic is necessary. How can you justify handicapping a winning team for doing nothing more than winning?

RebleFox

Rank 2
RebleFox
PostedJan 02, 2013 6:54 pm
-ok the other team got dragon? kill it instantly you got an entire team with you, the other team members stopping you? stall them and keep attacking it
-it leeched and other team has proph that heals it making it impossible to kill? attack the xtal most of the time while dieing yes but least you dont let the point gap go too far and it last 5 mins top
-teams are balanced? then I doubt one will get a 35 point lead on other
-it one rush you? use it to your advantage there are beings that are called 'bait' for a reason

the dragon makes things more interesting and you to rethink your strategy and work as a team, arena is base on teamwork and like I said before the dragon is to give the losing side a chance at winning instead of 'which ever team has the most geared player on it wins' it makes things more interesting.
dont want them to have dragon? then find a way to win AND not have a 35 points lead