Author Message

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12162
Location
San Jose United States
PostedNov 21, 2012 11:42 pm
evilishan wrote:
Superman0X wrote:


This thread is about improving the offer experience. Neither of these items do that.  

I think the best thing that can be done for the current free AP offer experience is to request the sponsors to have 'real time' update on working offers. Someone there ensuring the offers are up to date, the countries they work in, whether they have expired or not.

By the feel of it, I think they're relying on user reports only... and even then it needs to be substantial for anything to happen. Redirects, some offers not paying.

Would it even be possible to do this? More effort put into it means more money spent and less that goes to us...  


Sadly, no. The way that the offers work, they don't even know what they are providing. Offers are added by vendors, and aggregated by the providers. They come and go, sometimes in the matter of minutes. They really only deal with what is reported, and then only if a lot of people report problems. It works something like ad networks.

What I am trying to determine is this. If we can identify and advertise the popular, good quality offers, is this something that would help make this a better experience for all?

Advertisement

souldo99

Rank 0
Joined
19 Jul 2012
Posts
118
Location
Philippines
PostedNov 21, 2012 11:51 pm
Superman0X wrote:
evilishan wrote:
Superman0X wrote:


This thread is about improving the offer experience. Neither of these items do that.  

I think the best thing that can be done for the current free AP offer experience is to request the sponsors to have 'real time' update on working offers. Someone there ensuring the offers are up to date, the countries they work in, whether they have expired or not.

By the feel of it, I think they're relying on user reports only... and even then it needs to be substantial for anything to happen. Redirects, some offers not paying.

Would it even be possible to do this? More effort put into it means more money spent and less that goes to us...  


Sadly, no. The way that the offers work, they don't even know what they are providing. Offers are added by vendors, and aggregated by the providers. They come and go, sometimes in the matter of minutes. They really only deal with what is reported, and then only if a lot of people report problems. It works something like ad networks.

What I am trying to determine is this. If we can identify and advertise the popular, good quality offers, is this something that would help make this a better experience for all?  


Do you know why were the netflix surveys removed from all sponsors?

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
Joined
28 May 2011
Posts
4135
Location
United States
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:07 am
Superman0X wrote:
What I am trying to determine is this. If we can identify and advertise the popular, good quality offers, is this something that would help make this a better experience for all?  


As you've stated yourself, these offers come and go. I do not feel Aeria will dish out the resources to have a team dedicated to doing offers on a regular basis to report the legit ones. With this, I assume you only intend to promote a couple here and there as you have in this thread.

If this is the case, it's not entirely a bad idea. It will not result in me having a better experience on the sponsors page, however, being pointed to a little bit of free AP I can earn here and there without a hassle, well I suppose that will count as a positive experience.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12162
Location
San Jose United States
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:14 am
souldo99 wrote:

Do you know why were the netflix surveys removed from all sponsors?  

They cycle out based on usage, and are seasonal. They will be refreshed if/when netflix updates its marketing campaigns.

TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
What I am trying to determine is this. If we can identify and advertise the popular, good quality offers, is this something that would help make this a better experience for all?  


As you've stated yourself, these offers come and go. I do not feel Aeria will dish out the resources to have a team dedicated to doing offers on a regular basis to report the legit ones. With this, I assume you only intend to promote a couple here and there as you have in this thread.

If this is the case, it's not entirely a bad idea. It will not result in me having a better experience on the sponsors page, however, being pointed to a little bit of free AP I can earn here and there without a hassle, well I suppose that will count as a positive experience.  

Yes, I am kinda looking to see if doing something like this once in a while would bring added value to our customers. If I can show that it does, then we can try to make the process better...

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
Joined
05 Oct 2010
Posts
4849
Location
Whale hunting in Norway
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:28 am
It's nice that you guys are putting in effort in it, as there's countless of people that complain about not receiving their AP. Personally, I'd never bother going through the trouble for it though, too risky.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Posts
4050
Location
United Kingdom
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:44 am
I feel what needs to be focused on is improvement of the "free" offers (ie, those that do not require any purchase of goods/services what so ever).

Players want access to free AP. "free" in the mind of the consumer doesn't mean "buy this, get that", it means "You don't have to spend any money at all. here you go". The quality of the "free" offers is very poor. Especially when you consider the perpetual spam mail and advertising you have just signed up for (as is the case with a vast majority of the offers).

<center></center>

Ninniachel

Rank 3
Ninniachel
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Posts
1404
Location
Connecticut United States
PostedNov 22, 2012 2:30 am
Hi guys. I was one of the people that was in shoutbox when Superman was asking us for advice. He asked us about whether or not we do the free AP offers and we started talking about the issue of getting viruses and not knowing which offers are good. I asked Superman if he could at least point out some of the offers that are "safe" for people to do without risking viruses or anything like that. I am happy to see that Superman is actually doing something productive following the conversation in shoutbox. Thank you Superman and I hope this clears some things up for people as to how this thread came along.

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
Joined
10 Jun 2008
Posts
508
Location
Belo Horizonte Brazil
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:43 pm
Made a couple offers, of those with huge forms with lots of questions about this and that. In the end, none paid. Aeria staff told me to contact the Offer Partner since it's not theirs.

Sent e-mails to the partner, never had a single answer in all e-mails.

So I just gave up trying Free Offers.

lady_germany

Rank 0
Joined
13 Aug 2012
Posts
3
Location
Germany
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:09 pm
Hi Superman,

The big problem seems to be the sponsors them self and not the surveys. You can complete offers in some and they will just not reward you, though you payed.

I have come across alot of different sponsors for surveys, and the best by far are:

Supersonic ads
Sponserpay
Trial pay
DealUnited (some might not agree on that)

Aeria has the top 2, but they don't have the bottom 2.

Trial pay is possibly the best sponsors ever.

For Being: easy/reliable/CREDIT/ and have good offers (ALWAYS CREDIT)

So I would suggest bringing some new sponsors to AeriaGames preferably TrialPay.

dragon73000

Rank 0
dragon73000
Joined
28 Jul 2012
Posts
9
Location
Boston United States
PostedNov 22, 2012 3:36 pm
The idea of getting free AP is good but the offers are unreasonable and are all for 18+ people.... so you would have to lie to get anything. Most of them say you fail the survey and give you nothing. Also the ones to download give you viruses that will ruin your computer until you send it in to get it fixed.. i downloaded one to get free AP, but i got 0 AP and over 50 viruses that broke down my laptop. Please make the offers more reasonable for us...
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: