Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedNov 21, 2012 4:15 pm   Last edited by Superman0X on Feb 15, 2013 11:29 am. Edited 9 times in total

Random Secure AP Offers

(Name Changed by Request)
After discussing some of the issues with our offer programs in the shoutbox yesterday, it was stressed that many people didn't do any offers because they were problematic. They were worried about virus, spam, getting charged for something, phone calls, etc.

I have talked with one of our Offer Providers, and they have identified some highly successful (i.e. popular) offers that are safe and easy. Here is what they identified:

US
Rent movies and games by mail from BLOCKBUSTER® 1722 AP

expired

(German Links removed, and available on German Forum)

Note:
This is a bit of a hack job that requires the following. You must be logged into Aeria Games in the current browser. You must cut/paste the url and insert your User ID at the end of the URL. You can find your User Id by choosing to edit your profile. It is the # between user and edit.

I would like feedback from our players about these offers. Are they reasonable? Do they work for you? Is something you would like to see more of (featured offers)?

Advertisement

Lady_Toorima

Rank 5
Lady_Toorima
PostedNov 21, 2012 4:22 pm
Unimpressed.

Offer does not motivate me to put forth the effort.

darkperson123

Rank 0
darkperson123
PostedNov 21, 2012 4:25 pm
All of those links are dead.

Superman0X

Superman0X
PostedNov 21, 2012 4:26 pm
Lady_Toorima wrote:
Unimpressed.

Offer does not motivate me to put forth the effort.

These are what I could get quickly just before the holiday. It is kinda hit or miss on the (single) offer for the US. What do you think about the idea in general?

darkperson123 wrote:
All of those links are dead.  

Superman0X wrote:
Note:
This is a bit of a hack job that requires the following. You must be logged into Aeria Games in the current browser. You must cut/paste the url and insert your User ID at the end of the URL. You can find your User Id by choosing to edit your profile. It is the # between user and edit.  

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 21, 2012 4:50 pm
This is the same type of offer as the Netflix Sign up and credit score check.
I like these as they are more legit and offer actual use able services.

What would be interesting is if you signed up with Netflix at a certain rate because of an off on Aeria, say 1-2$ more than normal rate, and you got Aeria Points every month with your Netflix bill, say maybe 300AP? Not sure what kinda return we get already from offers but basically offer sponsor gets a better price because of Aeria, Aeria gets better return, trickle down to player

Or something like that

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 21, 2012 5:42 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Does this qualify?  

Yes. Now only if the same progression was made with the offers than don't require a purchase. ;D

Superman0X

Superman0X
PostedNov 21, 2012 5:49 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Does this qualify?  

Yes. Now only if the same progression was made with the offers than don't require a purchase. ;D  

Ok, at least we are on the right track.

Lady_Toorima

Rank 5
Lady_Toorima
PostedNov 21, 2012 8:36 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
At those commenting on how this event relates to Black Friday; While I'm sure Aeria welcomes your suggestions, I'm pretty sure the point of this offer is to get feedback on the Aeria 'secure' offers concept and how it relates to the other offers which people have been driven away from. It just happens to fall under a 'Black Friday' idea vs 'Random Secure AP Offers'.  

Then it should be presented as that instead of a "Black Friday AP Offers." That leads people to think of something along the lines of deals you would see at a retailer instead of a restaurant upgrading their menu.

Black Friday is something that only happens once a year. They can upgrade their ap offers whenever they want, but by doing it on black friday and labeling it thusfully would lead people people to believe it would be something much more then what it is.

Maybe that is why I was so unimpressed, it's a let-down. The title gets you excited, and when you get in, well I can't speak for everyone, but I was sure dooped.

(P.S.) You know I have nothing against you kitten. ><'

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedNov 21, 2012 10:05 pm
the netflix free trial offers are worth it, don't even need a credit card just a paypal acc, I've been milking those for years now. ^.^

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedNov 21, 2012 11:36 pm
Superman0X wrote:

This thread is about improving the offer experience. Neither of these items do that.  

I think the best thing that can be done for the current free AP offer experience is to request the sponsors to have 'real time' update on working offers. Someone there ensuring the offers are up to date, the countries they work in, whether they have expired or not.

By the feel of it, I think they're relying on user reports only... and even then it needs to be substantial for anything to happen. Redirects, some offers not paying.

Would it even be possible to do this? More effort put into it means more money spent and less that goes to us...