Author Message

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
Joined
17 May 2010
Posts
398
Location
Canada
PostedNov 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Castle sieges - As an owner

A guild owning a castle may not participate in other castle sieges outside of theirs, on offense or defense.

As said in game when trying, "The guild possessing a castle cannot register for castle attack & defense"

This thread is meant to discuss this mechanic, personally I have mixed feelings about it.

Some unknown factors: Guild levels and alliance system(?) Can an allied guild defend an ally, even if they have a castle? I am in favor of this, personally. Remember the game says up to 5 defenders and up to 25 attackers, although it seems attackers are pitted against each other, maybe not if they are allies?

Being able to only join one of the sieges per week is rather disappointing. It also is a huge strain on gathering Battle Points(Located at the bottom right of your screen), which is what the political system rankings seem to be based on.

The reason this is in place is obviously to prevent a monopoly of all the castles, which I agree with. I do question not being able to participate though, at least as a defender. Being reduced to one siege per week as a castle owner seems like a reason to not own a castle, as you will fall behind in Battle Points and less action in a pvp based game.

Hopefully a good discussion comes out of this with some good opinions!

Advertisement

GoSuperbPVP

Rank 0
GoSuperbPVP
Joined
24 Sep 2012
Posts
148
Location
United Kingdom
PostedNov 21, 2012 1:30 pm
I have also been wondering about this also. I'd like to hear a GM's point of view regarding this topic also.

<br> Defiance is recruiting! Click here for more information!

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
Joined
07 Mar 2010
Posts
965
Location
TekkenForce Town Italy
PostedNov 21, 2012 1:38 pm
The main problem is because the Siege system DON'T allow people to partecipate in the siege, registered or not. Actually only if you are registered you can partecipate.

I already suggested MANY times to change this to a FREE OPEN SIEGE SYSTEM.

What i mean?

-Everyone can partecipate into a siege
-Only registered clans can USE the siege features (siege weapon, take a castle, ecc..)

In this way, everyone can assist their ally even if they can't register.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
Joined
17 May 2010
Posts
398
Location
Canada
PostedNov 21, 2012 1:42 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
The main problem is because the Siege system DON'T allow people to partecipate in the siege, registered or not. Actually only if you are registered you can partecipate.

I already suggested MANY times to change this to a FREE OPEN SIEGE SYSTEM.

What i mean?

-Everyone can partecipate into a siege
-Only registered clans can USE the siege features (siege weapon, take a castle, ecc..)

In this way, everyone can assist their ally even if they can't register.  

I like this. I heard of it before, and it seems good having now experienced the sieges. I remember reading somewhere that even healing someone in a siege would then mark you as flagged to the battle.

Although I don't think BP is rewarded to toggle pvp kills, which would have to be applied atleast in a siege zone. (If it was everywhere, it would easily be abused)

RedivivusPopuli

Rank 1
RedivivusPopuli
Joined
09 Sep 2012
Posts
315
Location
Budapest Hungary
PostedNov 21, 2012 2:19 pm
-Everyone can partecipate into a siege

then it will be terrible lag

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
Joined
17 May 2010
Posts
398
Location
Canada
PostedNov 21, 2012 2:21 pm
RedivivusPopuli wrote:
-Everyone can partecipate into a siege

then it will be terrible lag  

They can already spectate as neutrals, and up to 25 guilds can attack..
I don't really see this as an argument. And in the sieges, only the guards caused lag for most of us. Not the hoards of players.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
Joined
07 Mar 2010
Posts
965
Location
TekkenForce Town Italy
PostedNov 21, 2012 2:22 pm
MPure wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
The main problem is because the Siege system DON'T allow people to partecipate in the siege, registered or not. Actually only if you are registered you can partecipate.

I already suggested MANY times to change this to a FREE OPEN SIEGE SYSTEM.

What i mean?

-Everyone can partecipate into a siege
-Only registered clans can USE the siege features (siege weapon, take a castle, ecc..)

In this way, everyone can assist their ally even if they can't register.  

I like this. I heard of it before, and it seems good having now experienced the sieges. I remember reading somewhere that even healing someone in a siege would then mark you as flagged to the battle.

Although I don't think BP is rewarded to toggle pvp kills, which would have to be applied atleast in a siege zone. (If it was everywhere, it would easily be abused)  
You heard it because that is the Lineage 2 PvP/Siege system. These are the system i ever try to suggest because fit the best PvP/Siege solution, but people seems to don't understand it >.>

RedivivusPopuli wrote:
-Everyone can partecipate into a siege

then it will be terrible lag  
That wont happen if the game engine will be optimized, because as it's now it's NOT optimized..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

rimotrian1

Rank 0
rimotrian1
Joined
18 May 2007
Posts
55
Location
Austin United States
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:26 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
The main problem is because the Siege system DON'T allow people to partecipate in the siege, registered or not. Actually only if you are registered you can partecipate.

I already suggested MANY times to change this to a FREE OPEN SIEGE SYSTEM.

What i mean?

-Everyone can partecipate into a siege
-Only registered clans can USE the siege features (siege weapon, take a castle, ecc..)

In this way, everyone can assist their ally even if they can't register.  


god I love your broken English. XD

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
Joined
17 May 2010
Posts
398
Location
Canada
PostedNov 22, 2012 2:17 pm
Anyway. We let a small guild take our castle today for this very reason, the current system discourages owning a castle.

GoSuperbPVP

Rank 0
GoSuperbPVP
Joined
24 Sep 2012
Posts
148
Location
United Kingdom
PostedNov 22, 2012 3:06 pm
I've just been told about it, Pure. I understand why you did so and I'll also have to discuss that with my Guild regarding whether we should keep the castle or not for OBT, we'll see - we'll see.

<br> Defiance is recruiting! Click here for more information!
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: