Vellond22

Rank 0
PostedNov 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Skill Delay Lag

~~~~~~~~~
Hi there,

Title say's it all. I'm getting skill delay lag. I'm not getting the choppy kind of lag that you sometimes get when everyones in kaslow dueling. It only happends when I'm killing stuff, and It's very annoying.

My Computers stats are fine. I also play world of warcraft, and don't get this kind of lag on it. I know my Internet connection is not the greatest since I live in New Zealand. But considering I can play wow without this problem, and all the other games in the past that I have not had issues with (I have a large list of games I have played) Out of all those games, this is the only one that has this issue.

I have tried putting all game settings right down to the worst they can be, and have turned off all background programes that I can. It does not effect it, it runs exactly the same as when they are on full. (Turning the glow off helped me with smoother gameplay though)

And that as they say, is that.
Advertisement

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedNov 21, 2012 3:44 pm
try cleaning up your computer of programs or games your certain you will not be using as well as run a c drive cleaner ... also theres a great program called 'Advanced System Care' its free (payed version obviously provides more services) and it solves a large variety of issues like registry fix, disk defrag and like 8 other things that keep your computer in good shape - hope this helps

Vellond22

Rank 0
PostedNov 22, 2012 2:48 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:
try cleaning up your computer of programs or games your certain you will not be using as well as run a c drive cleaner ... also theres a great program called 'Advanced System Care' its free (payed version obviously provides more services) and it solves a large variety of issues like registry fix, disk defrag and like 8 other things that keep your computer in good shape - hope this helps  

Thanks for the suggestions.

I did a Defrag, Disk clean up, and a few other things to try to get rid of this lag. I even did a virus scan while I was at it. So I can now say that my computer is pretty clean.

While I was In-Game, I checked my ping. And It's sitting at 319ms, which for me is good. I asked a friend that doesnt lag to do the same thing, and his came out at 750ms.
My connections not great, but it's certainly good enough to play Grand Fantasia.

Type /ping to get you ms details, (for those who don't know)

Am going to try re-installing Grand Fantasia now. I doubt it will fix anything, but it's worth a shot. I'm also going to install another game that I have played in the past, and test to see if I have the same Issue. I have a sneaky feeling that my Graphics card is the colprit. But we shell see.

And that as they say, is that.

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
PostedNov 22, 2012 2:53 am
a healthy ping i believe is around 100-200ms i usually sit around 220-350ms it depends how high graphics i go and if i have gf+skype+facebook+naruto

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
PostedNov 22, 2012 2:57 am
i play wolfteam occassionally and when i play ive gathered that in general your ms dictates your distance from the server. since me and my friend live close our ms to each other is under 100 however for example if i play against some one playing in europe our ms to each other is 200-300 against someone from america its 100-200 but idk wolfteam servers might work differently