BillyBallo89

Rank 5
BillyBallo89
PostedNov 22, 2012 2:17 pm
lvl 80 quest are up but if gear isnt in tiereds u will see 80 gear until many many many time because quest is impossible to do

Advertisement

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
PostedNov 22, 2012 4:23 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
fafi_pezzini wrote:
it would not take 15years.... Im pretty sure someone has at least 1/3 of a quest done by now. after your gears are linked you look for pvp.. isn't this game about pvp? I donthave the time to farm those bosses.. i used to play 4-5 hours a day now i play maybe 30min-1 hour because I don't have the proper gear. Sorry, i don't have countless hours to farm my gear o.o  

No one who is dedicated is even close to 1/3 finished. The mob drop rate is almost nothing for these tokens, and nets maybe one token for 20 hours of grinding. The Bosses are done in full pvp raids, dilluting the quest items between 30 players, 12 a day. That's 12 people of 30 gaining 1 a day. Maybe 13 tokens producing a day.

The Quests Require 100-170 Tokens each (Top, Pants, Muffs, Walkers).

Let's assume the game only has 30 players, and the rest don't exist.

540/(13/30) = 1246 Days to complete A single person's Quests.

Then you have ro realise:
- there are two factions
- there are hundreds of end game players per faction
- there are new generations leveling up.  

I have noticed ty. I said 1/3 of a finished quest which is 30-40items quest. The dungeon was open about 5 days ago 8-10 quest items per day is possible for those who have the time. If anything at least 1/4 of ONE QUEST is possible. slowly but surely someone could possibly get 1 piece in a month.

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedNov 22, 2012 4:33 pm
fafi_pezzini wrote:

I have noticed ty. I said 1/3 of a finished quest which is 30-40items quest. The dungeon was open about 5 days ago 8-10 quest items per day is possible for those who have the time. If anything at least 1/4 of ONE QUEST is possible. slowly but surely someone could possibly get 1 piece in a month.  
That would be 30-40 quest items devided between the 10 or so people needed to farm them ... so 3-4 per person, give or take a couple...

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
PostedNov 22, 2012 6:52 pm
Chan375 wrote:
fafi_pezzini wrote:

That would be 30-40 quest items devided between the 10 or so people needed to farm them ... so 3-4 per person, give or take a couple...  

Point is people will start getting this gear, sooner than we all think. yeah sure 120 sounds a lot but is now where near Epic quest for lvl 70. This is quest goes straight to reward item.

hamishmctavish

Rank 0
PostedNov 22, 2012 7:22 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Dude the requirement requires you to sell your soul to the game every 2 hours for 15 minutes for 10-15 days straight per armor. Furthermore, the bosses require a raid to kill. Furthermore, there is only ONE quest drop per boss.

Say you have 20 people in your boss raid on average. That means you have 1/20 the chance to get the drop.

In other words, multiply that 20 by the number of consecutive boss hunts you must achieve to complete a single quest = 200 -300 Days to complete a SINGLE quest, attending every single boss.

Now, let's step back into reality. Reallistically, no one can attend 12 bosses a day. I'd guess at best they can attend 2-3 bosses a day.

That makes completing a single one of these quests 600-900 Days.

-There are Hundreds of end game players who need these drops as well, on BOTH factions, which means there will also be Ksing, and pvp over them.

Those are factors hard to quantify, but reallistically we're talking 5-6 years to complete a quest, 2-3 years at best.

So what's the rush? There is no rush.

We're just smart enough to realize this quest is totally screwed up, and designed more for a single player game than an MMORPG.  
i thought mobs dropped the quest items aswell as the boss

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedNov 22, 2012 7:40 pm
Please forgive the length of this post... I do hope some will read it at least, especially those who really need to.

Point is people will start getting this gear, sooner than we all think. yeah sure 120 sounds a lot but is now where near Epic quest for lvl 70. This is quest goes straight to reward item.[/quote] Did you actually do the epic for lvl 70? I did... I was one of the first to finish it in fact... it took 1 week... I don't think people would be complaining about needing 1 week of work for an item... unless they complained too easy.

In the past...
  • goddess gear - it took a long time before people got the first drop, but each drop that came into a guild meant that one person was stronger so the next set of drops was easier... so although initially it took months to get a drop, once people learned how the dungeon work, and as more people got stronger geared it went faster till by the end of Ep4 the dungeon was done in a matter of hours each week. The problem people complained about with this was that unless you were in the 1 guild that farmed you had to save a lot of gold (yep, back then we used this stuff called gold that dropped in game) to buy goddess gears from one of the guilds that farmed. (spent 6hours a week focused on getting gear)

• 65-69 set - technically not endgame, but it was the highest gears for around a year in game. These gears dropped randomly, but too spread out and slow, you ended up with non-pvpers, people who couldn't link and who even if they did they used the gear to sit in AH having gears, and hard core pvpers (the people who would try and run to save grinders) struggling to get. There was no set drop place (such as if each ele boss dropped guaranteed gear) to farm, was all a matter of luck... so people got frustrated and rather then making gear guarantee drop from ele bosses, and keeping VR/PR drop rates which would have helped the pvpers in the game and still made it something small guilds could get with luck...AGE decided to release for AP. (gear was ap, but had it been ele bosses would have been 45+ minutes of intense pvp/killing for each boss if both faction know boss up.. if not 10-30 min of nervously killing watching for other faction off and on through a day)

• 70 set - solved the problem with the past 2 types of high end gear. A set place to farm, and an instanced dungeon so anyone could go in and farm if they were willing to make the effort.... once people learned how to kill CB and at least 1 of the next set of bosses they could farm, and gears were coming into the game at a decent rate. Then ChoiRock decided to make it progressive... which still worked some... but was extremely difficult as the last boss could only be killed by glitching it in a way that could get whole raid banned. Then the bosses that drop boots broke... so the whole thing became a way to get gloves that everyone had... so again solution is gear for AP.(3 hours 2-3 times a week, unless you chose to do more going with alt toons)

• 75-79 set - Released via quest, aside from a couple pieces that are AP only ("temporarily") this initially seemed like a good thing, anyone who lvl to 80 could have gear, though... bad for those people who bought into the trinity program (I myself cancelled my recurring the day trinity started) So now slowly (or fast in some cases) people were getting to 80 and getting gears linked and ready. perhaps soon people would have been ready to really come out and pvp and enjoy the game again. But there were still flaws... nothing to fight over being the biggest flaw.(a few hours questing)

• 80 gears - We aren't done with 79 gear, and now people are looking at it from the view point of since the 80 gear is there, and so much stronger then the 79, why bother with the 79 set? Then they are learning that to get each piece of gear will most likely take a full time player 3 months minimum... and that's with a ton of luck on their side, more common will be much longer. So we are supposed to get the quest gears at 79, link them (which is currently nearly full AP process) and enchant and OJ them in order to spend months and months farming to try and get something. (months of non-stop farming in hopes of getting uncommon or rare drops)

In addition to the changes in how gear was obtained... there is the lapis issue, almost all lapis and linking items coming into game now are AP originally, you can't link based on what you manage to farm... only on what you can buy.

Also, there is just the difference between what you can do now in general compared to in the past.
  • In Ep4 for PVE at endgame you had CD, troll, FM, and CT. PVP you had Kimu, CS, SC. In addition to those when no pvp you could farm OI, Stiggy(AZ), or bosses in Dinos and D1 for leg gears, or mobs for duals. Plenty to do, plenty to farm, and plenty to fight over. Almost everything necessary available in game, very little AP needed

• Ep5 - pve ... well not sure really if ele mobs and bosses would count as pvp or pve... they both were both. Other then that, no new content for farming/bosses until ROTCO, which failed because of all the problems. Almost nothing in game, almost all AP

• Ep6 - No new content to fight over at all. If this dungeon were released with Level 8 lapis and abs 8/9 instead of gear the reaction would be very very different. Removing the 80 gear and putting those lapis in would make people far more happy. Current is better about gear being in game, but still a lot not in game as content or farmabilty. The change suggested here would change that. (people would be more then willing to pvp and battle it out for a guaranteed 8 stat and abs lapis >.>

Endgame Gear should be something you farm for as a guild in a group for several hours a week working hard together to get it... not something that you farm endlessly for consuming all your in game time in hopes that you mange to get geared before the next new thing takes over. Make this dungeon for lapis and make a dungeon more along the lines of the past CT dungeons in the future for gears.

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
PostedNov 22, 2012 9:32 pm
Chan375 wrote:
Please forgive the length of this post... I do hope some will read it at least, especially those who really need to.

Point is people will start getting this gear, sooner than we all think. yeah sure 120 sounds a lot but is now where near Epic quest for lvl 70. This is quest goes straight to reward item.  
Did you actually do the epic for lvl 70? I did... I was one of the first to finish it in fact... it took 1 week... I don't think people would be complaining about needing 1 week of work for an item... unless they complained too easy.

In the past...
  • goddess gear - it took a long time before people got the first drop, but each drop that came into a guild meant that one person was stronger so the next set of drops was easier... so although initially it took months to get a drop, once people learned how the dungeon work, and as more people got stronger geared it went faster till by the end of Ep4 the dungeon was done in a matter of hours each week. The problem people complained about with this was that unless you were in the 1 guild that farmed you had to save a lot of gold (yep, back then we used this stuff called gold that dropped in game) to buy goddess gears from one of the guilds that farmed. (spent 6hours a week focused on getting gear)

• 65-69 set - technically not endgame, but it was the highest gears for around a year in game. These gears dropped randomly, but too spread out and slow, you ended up with non-pvpers, people who couldn't link and who even if they did they used the gear to sit in AH having gears, and hard core pvpers (the people who would try and run to save grinders) struggling to get. There was no set drop place (such as if each ele boss dropped guaranteed gear) to farm, was all a matter of luck... so people got frustrated and rather then making gear guarantee drop from ele bosses, and keeping VR/PR drop rates which would have helped the pvpers in the game and still made it something small guilds could get with luck...AGE decided to release for AP. (gear was ap, but had it been ele bosses would have been 45+ minutes of intense pvp/killing for each boss if both faction know boss up.. if not 10-30 min of nervously killing watching for other faction off and on through a day)

• 70 set - solved the problem with the past 2 types of high end gear. A set place to farm, and an instanced dungeon so anyone could go in and farm if they were willing to make the effort.... once people learned how to kill CB and at least 1 of the next set of bosses they could farm, and gears were coming into the game at a decent rate. Then ChoiRock decided to make it progressive... which still worked some... but was extremely difficult as the last boss could only be killed by glitching it in a way that could get whole raid banned. Then the bosses that drop boots broke... so the whole thing became a way to get gloves that everyone had... so again solution is gear for AP.(3 hours 2-3 times a week, unless you chose to do more going with alt toons)

• 75-79 set - Released via quest, aside from a couple pieces that are AP only ("temporarily") this initially seemed like a good thing, anyone who lvl to 80 could have gear, though... bad for those people who bought into the trinity program (I myself cancelled my recurring the day trinity started) So now slowly (or fast in some cases) people were getting to 80 and getting gears linked and ready. perhaps soon people would have been ready to really come out and pvp and enjoy the game again. But there were still flaws... nothing to fight over being the biggest flaw.(a few hours questing)

• 80 gears - We aren't done with 79 gear, and now people are looking at it from the view point of since the 80 gear is there, and so much stronger then the 79, why bother with the 79 set? Then they are learning that to get each piece of gear will most likely take a full time player 3 months minimum... and that's with a ton of luck on their side, more common will be much longer. So we are supposed to get the quest gears at 79, link them (which is currently nearly full AP process) and enchant and OJ them in order to spend months and months farming to try and get something. (months of non-stop farming in hopes of getting uncommon or rare drops)

In addition to the changes in how gear was obtained... there is the lapis issue, almost all lapis and linking items coming into game now are AP originally, you can't link based on what you manage to farm... only on what you can buy.

Also, there is just the difference between what you can do now in general compared to in the past.
  • In Ep4 for PVE at endgame you had CD, troll, FM, and CT. PVP you had Kimu, CS, SC. In addition to those when no pvp you could farm OI, Stiggy(AZ), or bosses in Dinos and D1 for leg gears, or mobs for duals. Plenty to do, plenty to farm, and plenty to fight over. Almost everything necessary available in game, very little AP needed

• Ep5 - pve ... well not sure really if ele mobs and bosses would count as pvp or pve... they both were both. Other then that, no new content for farming/bosses until ROTCO, which failed because of all the problems. Almost nothing in game, almost all AP

• Ep6 - No new content to fight over at all. If this dungeon were released with Level 8 lapis and abs 8/9 instead of gear the reaction would be very very different. Removing the 80 gear and putting those lapis in would make people far more happy. Current is better about gear being in game, but still a lot not in game as content or farmabilty. The change suggested here would change that. (people would be more then willing to pvp and battle it out for a guaranteed 8 stat and abs lapis >.>

Endgame Gear should be something you farm for as a guild in a group for several hours a week working hard together to get it... not something that you farm endlessly for consuming all your in game time in hopes that you mange to get geared before the next new thing takes over. Make this dungeon for lapis and make a dungeon more along the lines of the past CT dungeons in the future for gears.[/quote]

Short answer .. YES i did the epic 70 quest and to prove it this is what i got

Yeah, I brag about it because it was supper hard to get especially with my dislike for farming.
I just did it for the heck of it. It was a LOT of work.I repeat a lot of work ,nowhere near new quest thou.
One has to think about how people will get quest items. Buy, from guildies, and farming . You can't sit there and think the only way to get these is to farm them. People will be able to get this gear one way or another.

Personally, I don't have time anymore. I would just buy it, just like you are able to buy 76+ gear. the sooner the better. Why ? because this is a pvp game, there is no end to it. its always the same and that's why I like this game.

I know this hurts pvp and a lot of ingame friends worked on the 76+ set already.... but if the gear is a quest away why not? not only that there is a lot of stuff being trown at us like double recrunes, abs 8. Why not work on the new and final set well know it will last for a bit longer.

Anyway, I think the gear is coming out sooner than we all expected. no matter what happened in previous eps.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 23, 2012 12:48 am
Squirt, the item drops from mobs were still much more tolerable. The total number of Dust mushrooms was 120, and you could farm 10-20 a day if you kept at it. The totals for THIS quest is nowhere near those numbers.

Furthermore, it was tied to MOBS, not a Boss that you had to kill repeatedly in a pvp area.

For all intensive purposes, the 80 armor quest is Purely tied to a boss (the mob drops are very few.... probably 1/20th the the rate of Dust Mushrooms). Bosses get KS'd. Bosses get killed by the other faction, and killing one deprives everyone ELSE of that boss for 2 hours. Killing mobs doesn't do that. In fact, probably 4 PP per faction could farm Dust Mushrooms and still not run out of mobs.

And then you have to realise. There are 4 Armors. Not 1. All those factors lead to this being a neglected, andhated quest. Moreso than the 70 epic by far.

I could probably count the number who completed the 70 epic on 2 hands btw. Just imagine how many will finish a quest they hate even more.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:47 am
Rekikyo wrote:
Squirt, the item drops from mobs were still much more tolerable. The total number of Dust mushrooms was 120, and you could farm 10-20 a day if you kept at it. The totals for THIS quest is nowhere near those numbers.  

you needed 50 DM's per Harpy blood (250 total) that was, however, if you were unlucky and the FoTKW quest didn't repeat for you (which you needed 100 of total)

70 epic took next to no time if you used the FotKW route, they do drop a lot in DW Smile and were cheap as chips! (you cuold do the 70 epic in a few minutes with some gold xD

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
PostedNov 23, 2012 4:30 am
Rekikyo wrote:

Furthermore, it was tied to MOBS, not a Boss that you had to kill repeatedly in a pvp area.

For all intensive purposes, the 80 armor quest is Purely tied to a boss (the mob drops are very few.... probably 1/20th the the rate of Dust Mushrooms). Bosses get KS'd. Bosses get killed by the other faction, and killing one deprives everyone ELSE of that boss for 2 hours. Killing mobs doesn't do that. In fact, probably 4 PP per faction could farm Dust Mushrooms and still not run out of mobs.

And then you have to realise. There are 4 Armors. Not 1. All those factors lead to this being a neglected, andhated quest. Moreso than the 70 epic by far.

I could probably count the number who completed the 70 epic on 2 hands btw. Just imagine how many will finish a quest they hate even more.  

It was much more than Dust Mushroom that's just minimal part of the quest ( you repeat this about 10 times dont quote me on this I did this quest many moons ago ). Anyway my point is, this quest is much easier its not impossible. Its just my POV thou, I will just wait for new set to come out to start playing again.