- 06 Jul 2011
- Cream city United States
PostedNov 22, 2012 9:32 pm
Please forgive the length of this post... I do hope some will read it at least, especially those who really need to.
Point is people will start getting this gear, sooner than we all think. yeah sure 120 sounds a lot but is now where near Epic quest for lvl 70. This is quest goes straight to reward item.
Did you actually do the epic for lvl 70? I did... I was one of the first to finish it in fact... it took 1 week... I don't think people would be complaining about needing 1 week of work for an item... unless they complained too easy.
In the past...
- goddess gear - it took a long time before people got the first drop, but each drop that came into a guild meant that one person was stronger so the next set of drops was easier... so although initially it took months to get a drop, once people learned how the dungeon work, and as more people got stronger geared it went faster till by the end of Ep4 the dungeon was done in a matter of hours each week. The problem people complained about with this was that unless you were in the 1 guild that farmed you had to save a lot of gold (yep, back then we used this stuff called gold that dropped in game) to buy goddess gears from one of the guilds that farmed. (spent 6hours a week focused on getting gear)
- 65-69 set - technically not endgame, but it was the highest gears for around a year in game. These gears dropped randomly, but too spread out and slow, you ended up with non-pvpers, people who couldn't link and who even if they did they used the gear to sit in AH having gears, and hard core pvpers (the people who would try and run to save grinders) struggling to get. There was no set drop place (such as if each ele boss dropped guaranteed gear) to farm, was all a matter of luck... so people got frustrated and rather then making gear guarantee drop from ele bosses, and keeping VR/PR drop rates which would have helped the pvpers in the game and still made it something small guilds could get with luck...AGE decided to release for AP. (gear was ap, but had it been ele bosses would have been 45+ minutes of intense pvp/killing for each boss if both faction know boss up.. if not 10-30 min of nervously killing watching for other faction off and on through a day)
- 70 set - solved the problem with the past 2 types of high end gear. A set place to farm, and an instanced dungeon so anyone could go in and farm if they were willing to make the effort.... once people learned how to kill CB and at least 1 of the next set of bosses they could farm, and gears were coming into the game at a decent rate. Then ChoiRock decided to make it progressive... which still worked some... but was extremely difficult as the last boss could only be killed by glitching it in a way that could get whole raid banned. Then the bosses that drop boots broke... so the whole thing became a way to get gloves that everyone had... so again solution is gear for AP.(3 hours 2-3 times a week, unless you chose to do more going with alt toons)
- 75-79 set - Released via quest, aside from a couple pieces that are AP only ("temporarily") this initially seemed like a good thing, anyone who lvl to 80 could have gear, though... bad for those people who bought into the trinity program (I myself cancelled my recurring the day trinity started) So now slowly (or fast in some cases) people were getting to 80 and getting gears linked and ready. perhaps soon people would have been ready to really come out and pvp and enjoy the game again. But there were still flaws... nothing to fight over being the biggest flaw.(a few hours questing)
- 80 gears - We aren't done with 79 gear, and now people are looking at it from the view point of since the 80 gear is there, and so much stronger then the 79, why bother with the 79 set? Then they are learning that to get each piece of gear will most likely take a full time player 3 months minimum... and that's with a ton of luck on their side, more common will be much longer. So we are supposed to get the quest gears at 79, link them (which is currently nearly full AP process) and enchant and OJ them in order to spend months and months farming to try and get something. (months of non-stop farming in hopes of getting uncommon or rare drops)
In addition to the changes in how gear was obtained... there is the lapis issue, almost all lapis and linking items coming into game now are AP originally, you can't link based on what you manage to farm... only on what you can buy.
Also, there is just the difference between what you can do now in general compared to in the past.
- In Ep4 for PVE at endgame you had CD, troll, FM, and CT. PVP you had Kimu, CS, SC. In addition to those when no pvp you could farm OI, Stiggy(AZ), or bosses in Dinos and D1 for leg gears, or mobs for duals. Plenty to do, plenty to farm, and plenty to fight over. Almost everything necessary available in game, very little AP needed
- Ep5 - pve ... well not sure really if ele mobs and bosses would count as pvp or pve... they both were both. Other then that, no new content for farming/bosses until ROTCO, which failed because of all the problems. Almost nothing in game, almost all AP
- Ep6 - No new content to fight over at all. If this dungeon were released with Level 8 lapis and abs 8/9 instead of gear the reaction would be very very different. Removing the 80 gear and putting those lapis in would make people far more happy. Current is better about gear being in game, but still a lot not in game as content or farmabilty. The change suggested here would change that. (people would be more then willing to pvp and battle it out for a guaranteed 8 stat and abs lapis >.>
Endgame Gear should be something you farm for as a guild in a group for several hours a week working hard together to get it... not something that you farm endlessly for consuming all your in game time in hopes that you mange to get geared before the next new thing takes over. Make this dungeon for lapis and make a dungeon more along the lines of the past CT dungeons in the future for gears.[/quote]
Short answer .. YES i did the epic 70 quest and to prove it this is what i got
Yeah, I brag about it because it was supper hard to get especially with my dislike for farming.
I just did it for the heck of it. It was a LOT of work.I repeat a lot of work ,nowhere near new quest thou.
One has to think about how people will get quest items. Buy, from guildies, and farming . You can't sit there and think the only way to get these is to farm them. People will be able to get this gear one way or another.
Personally, I don't have time anymore. I would just buy it, just like you are able to buy 76+ gear. the sooner the better. Why ? because this is a pvp game, there is no end to it. its always the same and that's why I like this game.
I know this hurts pvp and a lot of ingame friends worked on the 76+ set already.... but if the gear is a quest away why not? not only that there is a lot of stuff being trown at us like double recrunes, abs 8. Why not work on the new and final set well know it will last for a bit longer.
Anyway, I think the gear is coming out sooner than we all expected. no matter what happened in previous eps.