minideth

Rank 2
minideth
PostedNov 22, 2012 10:27 am
Funny thing is the OJ's were fixed before they release Cave of Greed.. so guess we didn't really need it. They were not connected as indicated in the poll. The release of a Lapis dropping dungeon would have been more appropriate at this stage of the game as we were all in the building gear phase. Building it is part of the fun, either finding the perfect piece or the accomplishment of what you made. The quest is very drawn out and although that limits who will get it 1st.. it's there now. And some will simply will not play if they can't have it. I would rather them pull the quest out then to add it to AP. Potential was really looking up, 2 high end gears 76muffs/79top available via quest, all could have them. The "ninja" patch of the lower gears as well 71boots/72legs. (That really is not ok btw for those that lvld passed and now don't have access but w/e allow tickets for reset if we want them.) And then the mixture of the other gears via AP. The potential for more balance was there not just Lite vs. Fury but in general. It's out there... we could "boycot" the 80 gear instead of asking for it. Be happy in what we have and play the game.

Advertisement

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedNov 22, 2012 11:19 am
time for more ppl to quit, might b me pretty soon also, sadly to say.

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
PostedNov 22, 2012 11:44 am
Rekikyo wrote:
fafi_pezzini wrote:
soulidarity wrote:
Mindbomb wrote:
Simple Answer... Because we're level 80.

You don't buy a size 8 Shoe when you wear a 10 "girls don't count".  

you might not have been playing that long ago, but when the cap was 60, UMs typically wore the lvl 53 gearsets, and HMs typically wore lvl 58 gearsets. having an extra gearset right at max level is a relatively new thing to shaiya, and even in ep5, lvl 70 gearsets were very late after that update. pvp was just fine without it (or as fine as it could be with the state of the game).

everyone is always in such a rush to be bored  

You're speaking in past tense, if the gear is obtainable in game we should be able to purchase it. I don't think having 80 gear will be boring o.o this is a pvp game not a farm gear game.  

Let me ask you this... do you see Shaiya as a luxury car? or perhaps a mortgage on your house? Because that is what it is built to cost like. Just up to Ep5 had an appreciated value of roughly $16,000+ in gear. Ep6 pushes the cost way beyond that, almost doubling it. I have never once seen a game suck as much money as Shaiya.

Do you want everyone else to spend on this cadillac we cannot sell with depreciation that is unheard of in the real world (shaiya prices can tank 50% in one day)?

Also, new gear is ALWAYS boring. The main entertainment value of new gear is always linking it. The people who spend no longer link it. Instead they slap PLH's on it, and buy everything needed to link it with AP, and get it 100% done in one month. That's one more piece of fun gone.

And then look at pvp. Pvp today is not netting 1/3 of the kills it used to, EVEN WITH 4 SERVERS MERGED. Futhermore, Pvp now is like playing cat and mouse..... you must "catch" the opponent to kill them, because they're always running away.

So ..... where's the entertainment value? Pvp sucks. Gear linking has become lazy and non-devotional. Leveling is a joke. Bosses no longer net rewards. GM/GS events are rare. Holiday content is non-existent. Reselling might be fun to some people, but it hurts everyone else and has no real contribution to the game.

So where's the fun? Buying the Cadillac and sitting in the AH looking pretty full well knowing you'll never get your investment back?

@ Solidarity. Some MMO's are actually built to prevent that level of boredom and racing to the end. For instance, the GW franchise was built to offer both cinematic, and post cinematic entertainment. It actually follows a storyline, coupled with arcade pvp and world pvp.

But cheap MMO's like Shaiya and the other Korean games AGE buys, typically are open ended, have no ends, and offer no real end. I'm guessing the reason for that is because the developers figured out that players would more associate their games to an alternate universe than to a game or movie they are playing, which in turn offers more addiction, and detachment from the real world. (ie I was able to quit GW in a day. Shaiya, is very hard to quit. I'm sure you know what I mean).

I do think your "not racing to the end" comment is out of place though; we're talking 15 years of farming to complete these quests. Even for a complacent monk or someone looking to take it slow, that's an insanely flawed quest. I wouldn't mind if the time horizon was 3 months. That's doable. But what about all the players who are currently still leveling, and will only be able to touch this quest in 6 months? It'll be more like 15 years 6 months for them; the time horizon won't get shorter.  

it would not take 15years.... Im pretty sure someone has at least 1/3 of a quest done by now. after your gears are linked you look for pvp.. isn't this game about pvp? I donthave the time to farm those bosses.. i used to play 4-5 hours a day now i play maybe 30min-1 hour because I don't have the proper gear. Sorry, i don't have countless hours to farm my gear o.o

minideth

Rank 2
minideth
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:08 pm
Less uber gear.. I miss Squirt <33

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:06 pm
minideth wrote:
Less uber gear.. I miss Squirt <33  

Miss you too <33333333, pvp with DLF is the most fun Ive had!!! it was the perfect balance.

worshipme77

Rank 2
worshipme77
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:19 pm
As Rekikyo said, this time investment for the quest is absurd. Even if the requirement was lowered to a 50 per peice....it would still take nearly a year to get the whole set, by which time it will be AP without a doubt.

imZhao

Rank 2
imZhao
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:23 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

Most of them also said, "As long as 6.2 doesn't release new gear." Well, Ep6.2 Does introduce new gear. In other words, the patch was released against the will of the players.

imZhao wrote:
As long as this patch doesnt include new gear already, YES. We need some time to play in this current gear before ticketfest starts again.  

I posted this in the original community update thread when the poll was released. Amaranth is right, gms knew players didn't want nw gear in this patch. Nonetheless it was still released. In truth, no matter what the results of that poll were I think the patch would have come still.

grieverblade

Rank 1
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:34 pm   Last edited by grieverblade on Nov 22, 2012 1:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total
imZhao wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

Most of them also said, "As long as 6.2 doesn't release new gear." Well, Ep6.2 Does introduce new gear. In other words, the patch was released against the will of the players.

imZhao wrote:
As long as this patch doesnt include new gear already, YES. We need some time to play in this current gear before ticketfest starts again.  

I posted this in the original community update thread when the poll was released. Amaranth is right, gms knew players didn't want nw gear in this patch. Nonetheless it was still released. In truth, no matter what the results of that poll were I think the patch would have come still.  

On the previous patch that was done, if there was something that AGE proved is that they don't even know what the heck they are patching. I agree the poll made was a bogus being that everyone was able to reroll their gears without this 6.2 patch or regardless of the outcome of that poll result. It was implemented anyway. It's actually pretty sad and pathetic how they are managing this game.

80 gears? Like many have posted,give it some time. In EP5, No one was able to really complete or farm all the gears in ROTCO either, so they sold the pieces in mystery boxes. What was sad then was that it was stated that it was a "bug" that all the pieces were not dropped. Further to add more insult to injury, a post made about a month ago or so stated that those pieces would be added to the drop table (in other words, it was not a bug, they just removed those items from dropping). This lvl 80 gear quest..is not any different than ROTCO. Just another method of keeping people busy for while thinking they could get drops, at the end of the day everyone notices you can't get nothing. So, what they do is have you buy the tiers. Remember, they in it for the money..run!

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:38 pm
fafi_pezzini wrote:
it would not take 15years.... Im pretty sure someone has at least 1/3 of a quest done by now. after your gears are linked you look for pvp.. isn't this game about pvp? I donthave the time to farm those bosses.. i used to play 4-5 hours a day now i play maybe 30min-1 hour because I don't have the proper gear. Sorry, i don't have countless hours to farm my gear o.o  

No one who is dedicated is even close to 1/3 finished. The mob drop rate is almost nothing for these tokens, and nets maybe one token for 20 hours of grinding. The Bosses are done in full pvp raids, dilluting the quest items between 30 players, 12 a day. That's 12 people of 30 gaining 1 a day. Maybe 13 tokens producing a day.

The Quests Require 100-170 Tokens each (Top, Pants, Muffs, Walkers).

Let's assume the game only has 30 players, and the rest don't exist.

540/(13/30) = 1246 Days to complete A single person's Quests.

Then you have ro realise:
- there are two factions
- there are hundreds of end game players per faction
- there are new generations leveling up.

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedNov 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Re: Why all rush and demand 80 gears faster ?

Kinnie_11_drk wrote:
Come on we just got 76-79 sets. Many did not even get them fully linked yet.

What is the point in asking GMs to lower new Quest Requirements?

You really want 80 items in game so fast? So all linked of 76-79 is a waste and is sold for funny price?

By rushing and demanding lower requirements and stuff for AP you will make it all come into game faster and lose value on all previous gear. Because when 80 pieces get more available price will rocket down as 70 gears did even worse. Then all gonna QQ how much they spend and that it is not worth much now ....and so on....

They did put such high requirements for a reason.  

...And it never ends...