Mindbomb

Rank 1
Mindbomb
PostedNov 21, 2012 4:31 pm
Simple Answer... Because we're level 80.

You don't buy a size 8 Shoe when you wear a 10 "girls don't count".

Advertisement

xeffectx

Rank 5
xeffectx
PostedNov 21, 2012 5:27 pm
twigz12 wrote:

As to the gear being non rollable, well that would suck lol, but i think all the other 70+ quest gear is rollable right? so there is no reason to think it would not be.  

OJ's on quest gear got fixed, so yep 80 gear will be rollable also

Rieven

Rank 0
PostedNov 21, 2012 5:46 pm
twigz12 wrote:
xeffectx wrote:
Kinnie_11_drk wrote:
My Point was exactly to those who QQ on forums about making them available for AP already and lowering requirements for quests. Players should be careful what they desire lol

even if we don't want them via AP they will be sold in EoM's sooner or later  

This was my whole idea about asking for the quest drops to be more available. No point having gear available in game at such a low farming rate if you are going to sell it for AP. sounded like just a farce to be able to say that there is 80 farmable gear in game.

After tactics post saying that it was suposed to be a very rare set that people should be proud to own and takes effort to aquire, this makes me think that it wont be sold for AP and actually will be some gear that is rare like goddess was in its first days of release. Ofcourse the 'real' 80 set might possibly be released as AP gear in 6 months time, sounds AGEish.

As for not being able to get one piece, im sure that some people will farm the mobs inside the dungeon and sell the quest drops. Some people have more money than they know what to do with and will buy all the quest drops and get their 80 gear.

As to the gear being non rollable, well that would suck lol, but i think all the other 70+ quest gear is rollable right? so there is no reason to think it would not be.  

and what makes you think that tactics has the best interests of players in mind? most players i know think tactics will say anything to try to brainwash players. 15 pages of this is bad, and a tactics comment about it being awesome... i cant remember the last time tactics wasn't trying to change player minds about their own opinions.

the set is beyond rare. It might as well not exist. trololololol

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedNov 21, 2012 6:01 pm   Last edited by styfz on Nov 21, 2012 6:06 pm. Edited 2 times in total
let's get a timeline here (if TLTR, skip to last paragraph):

ep3 and 4:
ppl started grinding naked, then couple npc gears, get a couple nobles/worships in AR or by questing, link them with lv 2 or 3 lapis, grind up to 30 (link the quested 30 heroic set isn't worth it).

quest for the 29-32 dread set, and you were good to go grind FL, after many levels farm the mini-bosses in FL3/AN2 for the 45-50 dread set, then after another bunch of levels grind in AZ and farm the dread 53 set and lv5's while you grind.

after the 53 dread set was done, you could either join fanta/asta/CT raids for the legendary/goddess 53 set, or farm the 58 set in jungle/DD as you grinded.

the only AP items you needed was rec runes and lapisias in ep4, linking hammers if you don't like force linking stat and debuff 6's, and LC's for ele 2's and debuff 7's (debuffs were rare, though)

ep5:
the logical progression would be, gear quest for the 60-63 set, same as the 29-32, farm dreamys and 65+ as you grind, then after having a good 65+ set, farm rotco for the 80 set. same as before

Now here's the twist; dreamys and 65+ droprate is ridiculously low, and I am sure a full raid in 65+ fully linked gear can't get nothing in rotco in the 3 hours we're given.

the solution?? gm links/enchants/max oj's, op's and LC's to link 7's. but even then it's very hard to get one drop, let alone 2 or 3.
PM's come up with yet another "solution"; 80 AP gear, so we can have a couple ubers in the raid and actually farm anything in rotco.

ep6:
starts with questable muffs and top, the remaining in AP. quested gear is rollable, be it a glitch or not, so not so bad.

then 80 gear is launched in a ridiculous long quest, and will be probably launched in AP soon. I tend to disregard the quest cuz it's just bonkers to think someone will ever get a full set from that.

so, summing it up,
ep3-4, farmable sets, couple quested ones serving as "transition" sets, AP helms and capes
ep5, questable "transition" set, farmable higher sets with much lower droprates, full AP sets
ep6, so far, 1/3 questable, 2/3 AP "transition set", full AP endgame set. and the costume system yet to come

anyone wanna take a guess on what ep7 will be like?

soulidarity

Rank 3
soulidarity
PostedNov 21, 2012 6:02 pm
Mindbomb wrote:

you might not have been playing that long ago, but when the cap was 60, UMs typically wore the lvl 53 gearsets, and HMs typically wore lvl 58 gearsets. having an extra gearset right at max level is a relatively new thing to shaiya, and even in ep5, lvl 70 gearsets were very late after that update. pvp was just fine without it (or as fine as it could be with the state of the game).

everyone is always in such a rush to be bored

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
PostedNov 21, 2012 6:46 pm
soulidarity wrote:
Mindbomb wrote:

you might not have been playing that long ago, but when the cap was 60, UMs typically wore the lvl 53 gearsets, and HMs typically wore lvl 58 gearsets. having an extra gearset right at max level is a relatively new thing to shaiya, and even in ep5, lvl 70 gearsets were very late after that update. pvp was just fine without it (or as fine as it could be with the state of the game).

You're speaking in past tense, if the gear is obtainable in game we should be able to purchase it. I don't think having 80 gear will be boring o.o this is a pvp game not a farm gear game.

soulidarity

Rank 3
soulidarity
PostedNov 21, 2012 7:50 pm
fafi_pezzini wrote:
soulidarity wrote:
Mindbomb wrote:

You're speaking in past tense, if the gear is obtainable in game we should be able to purchase it. I don't think having 80 gear will be boring o.o this is a pvp game not a farm gear game.  

what i mean is, level cap is raised, people race to reach the new cap in the shortest possible time. new gear is introduced and people are in a huge rush to have it as quickly as possible, then they have it and complain there's nothing to do, they're bored.

while i understand you dont want to spend your life farming gear, if you were in a little bit less of a rush, maybe you wouldnt reach that point of "ive done everything, what now?" stage so quickly, which has people screaming for new content (so they can repeat the same mistake all over again).

This isn't exclusive behavior to Shaiya. Its MMO's in general

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 21, 2012 8:07 pm
fafi_pezzini wrote:
soulidarity wrote:
Mindbomb wrote:

Let me ask you this... do you see Shaiya as a luxury car? or perhaps a mortgage on your house? Because that is what it is built to cost like. Just up to Ep5 had an appreciated value of roughly $16,000+ in gear. Ep6 pushes the cost way beyond that, almost doubling it. I have never once seen a game suck as much money as Shaiya.

Do you want everyone else to spend on this cadillac we cannot sell with depreciation that is unheard of in the real world (shaiya prices can tank 50% in one day)?

Also, new gear is ALWAYS boring. The main entertainment value of new gear is always linking it. The people who spend no longer link it. Instead they slap PLH's on it, and buy everything needed to link it with AP, and get it 100% done in one month. That's one more piece of fun gone.

And then look at pvp. Pvp today is not netting 1/3 of the kills it used to, EVEN WITH 4 SERVERS MERGED. Futhermore, Pvp now is like playing cat and mouse..... you must "catch" the opponent to kill them, because they're always running away.

So ..... where's the entertainment value? Pvp sucks. Gear linking has become lazy and non-devotional. Leveling is a joke. Bosses no longer net rewards. GM/GS events are rare. Holiday content is non-existent. Reselling might be fun to some people, but it hurts everyone else and has no real contribution to the game.

So where's the fun? Buying the Cadillac and sitting in the AH looking pretty full well knowing you'll never get your investment back?

@ Solidarity. Some MMO's are actually built to prevent that level of boredom and racing to the end. For instance, the GW franchise was built to offer both cinematic, and post cinematic entertainment. It actually follows a storyline, coupled with arcade pvp and world pvp.

But cheap MMO's like Shaiya and the other Korean games AGE buys, typically are open ended, have no ends, and offer no real end. I'm guessing the reason for that is because the developers figured out that players would more associate their games to an alternate universe than to a game or movie they are playing, which in turn offers more addiction, and detachment from the real world. (ie I was able to quit GW in a day. Shaiya, is very hard to quit. I'm sure you know what I mean).

I do think your "not racing to the end" comment is out of place though; we're talking 15 years of farming to complete these quests. Even for a complacent monk or someone looking to take it slow, that's an insanely flawed quest. I wouldn't mind if the time horizon was 3 months. That's doable. But what about all the players who are currently still leveling, and will only be able to touch this quest in 6 months? It'll be more like 15 years 6 months for them; the time horizon won't get shorter.

Mindbomb

Rank 1
Mindbomb
PostedNov 21, 2012 10:29 pm
soulidarity wrote:
Mindbomb wrote:

it's true.. but I feel like I got a Juicy Steak Dangling in front of me, .. just unobtainable.

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedNov 21, 2012 11:06 pm
screw it...eveyone needs to live in canta....just to confuse the Hard outta the current dev's lol! no noo no dont do that cuz if it dont make profit it dissipears Sad