ahjac

Rank 1
ahjac
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Sin 40 Sets

which set is better
i would need some advice on 40 sin pvp which set is better ambush set or 25 pvp set?
please also reason why its better.

My ambush set i can get 80 eva without buff or sprite, with reroll evasion prefix 88 eva is possible.
Advertisement

dasher214

Rank 0
PostedNov 24, 2012 5:00 pm
You're really just choosing between maximum damage output or evade. There really is no need to think it over. Choose which one you prefer, because you cant have both.

I think a good sin doesn't need to rely heavily on evade. There is a more of a risk factor in using the 25 pvp set. But maxing crit damage with 35-40% crit rate is your bonus.

People that use ambush set usually fall into two categories:
-They feel that high evade reassures them from dying; they tend to go all out guns-a-blazing.
-It is the highest lvl sprite armor, and feel that it is the best (the noobs).
Yes, your evade can peak at around 90 without buffs. Your crit rate can reach around 50%. But the only way you can reach max crit damage is by giving up hit rate.

YOU DECIDE!!

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedNov 25, 2012 11:59 pm
Ambush hands down. Survivability is the best

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedNov 26, 2012 12:24 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:

This. High damage matters little if you can't survive long enough to kill/get hits in.
Unless you're uber skilled, but that's harder to come by xD
Choose whatever suits you better though~

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedNov 26, 2012 3:44 am
Brynhildra wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

This. High damage matters little if you can't survive long enough to kill/get hits in.
Unless you're uber skilled, but that's harder to come by xD
Choose whatever suits you better though~

tell me about it my windtracker sins does sooooooo much damage and can get to 4.2k attack with prophet buffs and greater battle boosts (i like to think thats the highest attack for a sin in 40 atm Very Happy) and when i get attacked i die uber fast - granted 1v1 i can kill just about any class other than warrior types (you need heaps high evade to kill a pally and a zerk ... well they need to have shield on or hope they dont crit xD

sababafiddle

Rank 3
sababafiddle
PostedNov 26, 2012 9:44 am

facepalm

honestly
4.2k attk is nothing. Been boosted to as high as 5.4k before with a +7 and +12 weapon. 40 sin is extremely misunderstood, basically noone knows its strengths and weaknesses (I basically never see people taking advantage of what a sin can legitametely do in 40) (i'm not ever gonna fully go into depth on this because I'd like to still be able to join 40 pvp Wink ). If they did 40 arena would start turning into 50 arena, because 40 sin is so opd that it is similar to how opd a 50 ranger is to 50 pvp. Your the only class in 40 that is capable of criting the xtal for 30k!, one comboing all classes, getting over 150 evade, over 30 crit rate AND maxed crit damage. @ above poster survivability isn't a big deal if you shred everyone in one combo. You can get around 110 evade max non buffed on ambush set fyi, tho around 100-105 is better, since 110 doesn't allow for additional hp/hit/crit/critdmg. But you can also get over 80 evade non buffed on pvp set/windtracker. Windtracker should be best for overall dps, pvp set has the max dps potential, and either pvp or ambush is best for survivability tho its debatable until tested.

@ above poster there is a ton of flexibility in 40 sin builds, all the sets available lvl 30 up are wicked good and can be made opd. It just depends on if you build the sets to their strengths and what your playstyle is. Honestly I would get them all and enjoy them, see how you like them and than decide which you want to improve upon, if say you find yourself using and performing better in one certain set or if you just like one certain set more. Personally, I always found similar success with both ambush and windtracker when I did 40 (pvp set wasn't out.)

edit: what dasher said is pretty spot on as well xd. In that a good sin doesn't rely on evade. And just because ambush is the highest lvl set doesn't make it the best.

ahjac

Rank 1
ahjac
PostedNov 26, 2012 7:57 pm
thanks all for the comments, i am still testing out my build.

I prob give up 30 set, i prefer to survive more for eva than max damage.
just wonder how well does 25 pvp set do ?

gamingonly454

Rank 0
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:43 pm
With my experience with playing sin. I used an 'evade' set and a 'max dmg ' set. And I would choose which ever set suited what I wanted to do, and needed to accomplish. Keep in mind that you can accomplish a lot just in your choice of who to kill, to cap the xtal etc. And most times i'll risk a death by allowing me to cap the xtal as fast as possible and in my max dmg i can crit 38k quite consistently on the xtal.

I would normally use the max dmg going up straight against squishies and crystals. Its very easy to switch sets since you are mainly in stealth for the most part. I actually used the skill bar 2 for evade and the skill bar 3 for my dmg set.

It gave me some versatility for dmg and gave me a huge boost in being able to survive with my 93 base evade. add my reflexes and I need to be stunned to get hit. and when a sin gets stunned he normally does not survive unless you can time your slip to KEEP you in stealth before getting knocked back out of it.

All in all, sins require a lot of timing to execute properly and to maximize your damage potential along the same terms of being able to survive.

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:27 pm
Just stick with ambush.

Remember armor-cracking, sprite -def, and pvp fruit -def.

Use these to cut down tanks, and 1-2 shot mages. Easily bring any person to 0 defense.