coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedNov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

[Feedback] RvR Suggestions Thread

Post Your Feedback & Comments Here
Hello Everyone, my first official Thread Posting as a DKo GS is in relation to DKo's Realm Vs. Realm System at Ruemon.

I would like to get player feedback on the situation at Ruemon and on the specifics that you feel should be implemented for it or improved for Gameplay reasons. Player Feedback is advised to be Appropriate, Backed Up with Reasons for implementing your ideas etc...Please note that major changes will probably not be able to occur. Feedback that is not viable will not be considered.

Your Post must be:
-Appropriate for a Forum Post
-Constructive Criticism is allowed
-Negative Feedback can be expressed if reason is shown
-Positive Feedback can be expressed

Feel free to post your opinion on the RvR System using the following:

What do you like about DKo's RvR and why:
What do you dislike about DKo's RvR and why:
What do you want improved in DKo's RvR and why:
What features would you add to the DKo RvR System and why:
Advertisement

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 20, 2012 8:28 pm
coduxs wrote:

[What i like]
1) RvR mean 2 side people that can kill eachother, that is one of the 2 great forms of PvP.

[What i dislike]
1) RvR is utilizable only into a tiny part of the DKO world;
2) You can't kill the other realm freely;

[What i want improved]
1) Once you choose a Realm, you can freely PvP against the other realm, whenever the map zone is, without incour into death penality, exp loss or whatever;
2) When you kill an enemy realm player you gain reputation points;
3) If it's not already in the game, hide the enemy player name (like was into another game i used to play).
4) Change the name format of the enemy realm that will be something like "NameFaction Soldier" (Example "Eos Soldier" or "Dione Soldier") for everyone, instead of add the ranks.

[What i would add]
What i said on the "What i want improved" section plus the following points:
1) Add more RvR zones that give bonuses;
2) Add a sort of Realm Relic somewhere in the map for each realm with the name of the realms (Example "Eos Relic" and "Dione Relic"). The zone must be fortified with some guards and something similar to a really little castle, so people can also assault the enemy relic. The relic will give some Exp/Drop bonus or something that can make the interests of the players to do it.
3) Add Realm buffs for each realm. Each character will have a special realm buff that differ from the other classes on the same realm and obviously the other realm will have something other.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedNov 20, 2012 8:56 pm
Thanks for that Feedback Bryan, it's greatly appreciated and will be used to analysis future Ruemons Smile

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedNov 21, 2012 2:35 pm
Like - It's PVP in a pvp based game. It's fairly often.

Dislike - It will almost always be one sided.

Improved - More even numbers for a better experience

Suggested - Ruemon is reworked into sign-up battle ground with a limit of say 50 people on each side. (Tweak numbers as you wish) Buff is then applied to the winning realm.

Wiz120

Rank 0
Wiz120
PostedNov 21, 2012 9:43 pm   Last edited by Wiz120 on Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total
First thing, I'm not doing it in any particular format, I'm too lazy for that and I think it's slightly silly.

The RvR is a complete joke right now. Why? Not often enough. Time duration too long. Little incentive to actually go. Group with less people should get a buff to help even the playing field. Better incentive for losing realm to increase likelihood more people will show up. Some oreos with milk. The ramps to run up to the center are way too long. An actual on screen timer to alert players when the battle actually is. A large some of gold for whoever is actually holding the middle when time expires. It would also be really cool if the RvR zone turned into a 24/7 open PvP zone. The waiting around for PVP in a "PVP Game" is more ridiculous than a GM actually saying they don't spend most of their time in the office playing Minesweeper and Solitaire.

I can probably think of more issues but I know that changing just one thing takes a crap load of time and I just want OB to come out. Because this is the most boring CB I've ever been apart of.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedNov 21, 2012 9:44 pm
I think the main thing I will ask about Ruemon is whether its possible to increase Ruemon to 3-4 times a day. But make the duration 30minutes.

boom2523

Rank 0
PostedNov 22, 2012 10:07 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
coduxs wrote:

[What i like]
1) RvR mean 2 side people that can kill eachother, that is one of the 2 great forms of PvP.

[What i dislike]
1) RvR is utilizable only into a tiny part of the DKO world;
2) You can't kill the other realm freely;

[What i want improved]
1) Once you choose a Realm, you can freely PvP against the other realm, whenever the map zone is, without incour into death penality, exp loss or whatever;
2) When you kill an enemy realm player you gain reputation points;
3) If it's not already in the game, hide the enemy player name (like was into another game i used to play).
4) Change the name format of the enemy realm that will be something like "NameFaction Soldier" (Example "Eos Soldier" or "Dione Soldier") for everyone, instead of add the ranks.

[What i would add]
What i said on the "What i want improved" section plus the following points:
1) Add more RvR zones that give bonuses;
2) Add a sort of Realm Relic somewhere in the map for each realm with the name of the realms (Example "Eos Relic" and "Dione Relic"). The zone must be fortified with some guards and something similar to a really little castle, so people can also assault the enemy relic. The relic will give some Exp/Drop bonus or something that can make the interests of the players to do it.
3) Add Realm buffs for each realm. Each character will have a special realm buff that differ from the other classes on the same realm and obviously the other realm will have something other.  

+1 i agree with you

RedivivusPopuli

Rank 1
RedivivusPopuli
PostedNov 22, 2012 10:51 pm
Bryan +1
1 hour is good Realms has time to get ready,if you make 30 min 4 time a day less people will come.
faction war not about balance its about domination.

PaperSpirit

Rank 4
PaperSpirit
PostedNov 23, 2012 3:00 am
About RvR....
well honestly i don't like the realm system at all.

It is a big part of the game, but is too loosely implemented. I mean you can switch realms at any time.

I have not seen anywhere else that you needed a realm to do anything. Maybe it is too early in the game to tell, but Ruemon is the only place I have seen that requires you to belong to a realm.

I say get rid of realms completely, or implement them to where they are actually needed to do something. I mean half the people i have come into contact with I couldn't tell which side they were on to begin with.

Either that or instead of having realms at all, have guild leaders decide which realm they will defend at the start of ruemon, this way it will not always be legions of Dione vs a small amount of Eos.

<a></a>

WuKWucko

Rank 0
WuKWucko
PostedNov 23, 2012 10:34 am
can somebody post time for RVR in any time zone i will google for my time lol