As Magimon is a new game, it would be helpful if the community shared any tips or experiences they have experienced to help those who may be joining the game for the first time. Please contribute!
• Do Not Store Large Amounts Of Silver. Spend It!
Since you can lose silver from being attacked by other trainers, you can unfortunately lose a large amount of silver. I swear I attacked another trainer in one battle and earned about 500 silver! It's best to spend silver as soon as you have reached a desirable amount to enhance your Magimon or craft Magimon.
Use Up Energy And Mana As Much As Possible Before Leveling Up.
Since our energy and mana replenishes upon leveling up, use up energy and mana so it's not wasted. For example, it's easier to consume energy over mana so make a conscious effort to battle others and take their rune fragments mwaha! Another example is analyzing your current energy and estimate how much experience is required to level up. If you're a sliver away from leveling up and you have 15/60 energy, go to a lower level zone and do some quests that take up 3 or 4 energy before you level up.
• Accept Your Followers So They Become Your Friends.
1. Go to "Social" (5th tab on bottom of interface)
2. Click "Friends"
3. Click "Followers" near top of interface.
4. Click on "Profile" (assuming you have others who want to follow you) and click "Follow"
5. You two will now be friends where you can Hi-five and battle each other for a daily dose of Fairy Wings.
• Battle Your Friends For Fairy Wings.
1. Go to "Social" (5th tab on bottom of interface)
2. Click "Friends"
3. Click "Friends List" near top of interface.
4. Assuming you have friends listed, click "Battle" next to each friend if they have a white feather icon next to the "Battle" icon.
5. You will battle with them and regardless if you win or lose, you will earn a Fairy Wing.
I know it can take a long time to battle each of your friends if you have a lot of them, but it's something you can do during the downtime of not having any energy or mana.
You also might as well click "Hi-five All Friends" while you're at it to make sure you have earned the daily maximum capacity of Fairy Wings from Hi-fiving others.
• Battle For Rune Fragments Until You Obtain All 5 Rune Fragments In One Go.
If you don't like the idea of being attacked and finding out you have been defeated a bunch of times and rune fragments taken, rob the enemies the opportunity from attacking you (for the most part). Since trainers are more likely to battle others for rune fragments instead of not battling for rune fragments, you can decrease chance you'll be attacked if you don't have any rune fragments on you! Therefore, save up mana (fortunately it recovers fast) and collect all 5 rune fragments in one go. Runes are stored safely in your inventory and you won't show up when trainers search for other trainers with the rune fragment they are searching for.
• "Reset And Try Again"
Upon completing a quest in a zone, you'll see the message that says "Reset and Try Again". If you click that, it will reset all of those icons for that quest where they will become orange again where you can re-click them to gain more experience, silver, and items. This may have been obvious for some although I first thought that clicking "Reset and Try Again" would cause me to lose all the experience, items, and silver I gained when I attempted it the first time. Eventually I realized that it's another option to gaining experience, silver, and items. You will not lose any experience, silver, and items obtained from completing the quest in the past.
Also, resetting Quest 3, for example, will not cause Quest 4-10 to be reset. Resetting a quest will only cause that quest to be reset unless you choose to reset other quests as well.
• Complete Quests That You Already Completed For More Experience, Items, Silver.
*This is a continuation to the last tip about "Reset and Try Again".
What's the point of visiting past zones and doing past quests? The energy cost of doing those quests are often lower than the quests you haven't done. For example, I'm level 20 and all new quests cost 13-15 energy. I can either do 4-5 new quests before draining my energy or go back to an older zone and do 8-9 quests that cost 8 energy. Yes, quests that
cost more energy often award higher experience, silver, and higher quality items although it's up to you to find the ideal balance between energy spent and rewards received.
• Diamond Cauldron - 1st Use To Cook Rare Magimon for 100 Gold!
In your Crafting Lab you'll notice there is a Diamond Cauldron that can cook rare Magimon by spending gold under "Elite Cauldrons". It typically costs 300 gold to cook Magimon in the Diamond Cauldron although the game offers you a one-time opportunity for the first time that you cook a rare Magimon in the Diamond Cauldron for a discounted price of 100 gold! It's only $2 at the lowest gold purchase conversion cost. Magimon is a free game and if you want to show your support by making a gold purchase, this would be the most ideal contribution you can make to the game, and receive a really good Magimon in return.
• Stat Priority - Energy > Mana > Life
I'm sure a lot of you may be asking "Where is the best place to put my stats?!"
There is no "best" setup, I do believe we should put priority in the stats that we increase whenever we level up.
- 1st Priority. This is the most important stat that most of our stat points should be going into up until a certain amount. We know it's an important stat because the game tutorial suggests us to put all our stat points into it for the first several levels. With higher max energy, we are able to achieve the following:
1. Complete more quests to gain more materials, experience, silver.
2. Allows us to progress faster through higher level zones.
3. Allows us to progress faster through the current zone to ultimately fight that quest's boss. Bosses award large amounts of materials, experience, silver, rare rune fragments.
4. Have more silver to enhance our Magimon and Runes.
There's nothing more satisfying than having a large max Energy pool and waking up the next morning and using it all to gain large amounts of silver to enhance our Magimon and Runes. ^_^
- 2nd Priority. This is the second most important stat that a cap should be placed when choosing which stats to level. Mana is important for four purposes:
1. Battling other players for rune fragments
2. Battling NPC bosses to clear quests
3. Assisting your friends by battling Rune Hunters that your friends have encountered.
4. Being an attacker during the Hideout Battle Events that are hosted by the Game Masters.
The third point is important because each time you assist your friend with battling a Rune Hunter, you receive materials to cook new Magimon and Energy Potions. Make sure you check for pending requests by:
1. Click the "Social" tab
2. Click "Request"
3. If there are any pending requests, they will be highlighted (not grayed out) so click "View Info"
4. Click "Assist" where you'll battle the Rune Hunter if you have enough mana.
- 3rd Priority. This is more of an endgame stat. As a trainer, you have a certain amount of health. When battling other trainers, you lose if all of your Magimon have been disabled or your health goes to 0.
Physical attacks (i.e. Fight, Shot Down, Rampage, Target) by Magimon can directly target the trainer's health if there are no enemy Magimon on the field or all of the enemies' defending Magimon have already defended once during the turn leaving the trainer open to an oncoming physical attack. Having more health will not guarantee you will survive the battle, but it'll help you stay alive longer to give you more time to kill your enemy's Magimon or kill the trainer.
At level 61, my stats are as follows:
• 130 Energy
- It takes six and a half hours to fully recharge my energy. Since the average human adult should be getting around 7-8 hours of sleep a night, it'll ensure I wake up to a full bar of energy while not losing too much "wasted" energy that I could have if my max energy was higher. I don't suggest having any higher than 130 Energy.
• 73 Mana
- It takes three and a half hours to fully recharge my mana. I'll be pumping mana so I can do more actions that involve mana.
• 1340 Life
- Since I'm not losing battles due to my health dropping to 0, I'm not putting points into this stat until that time comes.
Also to go off these, as you get more friends careful on your spending of silver. Especially with this event as your friend list grows bigger you will get more rune hunter fights from friends. This leads to a LARGE amount of Imp Bones which if you keep summoning can drain your silver and leave it so you are lacking in enhancing. I would say hold off on using the Iron Cauldron unless you need Magimon to use as enhancements; stuck to summoning using the Ceramic Cauldrons first generally as you get them since you can get the better monsters from them to help upgrade your team.
Farm Battle starting from low lvl
Trainer's lvl only means tougher opponents in this game
MONEY is what matters. When you have full energy/mana and little more exp til lvl up
take ur time and spend all ur mana on battling and then do quest to level up.
Early game Magimons will be rotated out constantly
I don't recommend anyone enhancing any Rate 4 or below
It is often a big waste of money early game because you will get something better soon enough
Everytime you make a friend you get imp disk.
If you get lucky with imp disk you get magimons that are stronger than lvl 15~25 craft.
Check Friend ID thread to see how you can make friends it is a tedious work but incentive is too strong to resist it. I atm have 30 friends and 10 pending.
DONT CRAFT/EVOLVE 24/7
I made this mistake big time at start.
Honestly with all the events and free imp disks your getting that 100 silver craft? is absolutely useless don't waste your money there just becaues you have the craft material [i have like 300 bones saved up after i learned a lesson hard way when i saw 20magimons sitting in my storage doing nothing]
Evolving is a very annoying very fraustrating and often not worth the risk effort
Check the evolve list and honeslty you won't need to evolve anything early stage in game to make profit or win battles or do quests.
Conclusion:: ABOUT MYSELF.
I have not done a single evolution after 2 fail evolution at early lvl
i dont care about magimons for i am sentinel but my 1k silver Q.Q
I've stuck to enhance I've read forums and constantly stayed active in community
result is that i haven't spend a single gold up to lvl 20 trainer's lvl in 3days of playing this game im now at 558 wins 29 loses 13 ties in battle
and Solid 4 star 5 magimons lvl [16,12,9,6,5] + rune lvl 8.
With 1.5k+ silver in my stash saved up and 20+ magimons ready to be thrown into microwave for my benefit +_+
[Stickied by GM Hazmat 11/20/12]