newbornchan

Rank 0
PostedNov 19, 2012 1:32 pm

[Archer] Bloodthirsty BUG??

lvl 1 = 50% damage to hp

but... here we go...

Where are my 50%...... X_X
not sure should i WASTE a skill point to lvl 2 or not...
Advertisement

WhiteKitsune55

Rank 0
PostedNov 19, 2012 2:58 pm
I agree that it's a problem, but it's not a reason to ignore it. whether it gives 50% or not it's still worth the skill point.

decadencefool

Rank 0
PostedNov 20, 2012 8:03 pm
The thing is when you add more then 1 point it allows greater life drain which might reach 80%.

This bug is hampering archers in BG. We have no way to heal ourself other then this life drain or runes.

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedNov 20, 2012 8:50 pm
Looks like its somewhere around 37 1/2% your getting.

This is typical localization issue with many many aeria games.

It seems they cant get the % right on many of the games

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedNov 20, 2012 8:52 pm
GoodNameTaken wrote:
Looks like its somewhere around 37 1/2% your getting.

This is typical localization issue with many many aeria games.

It seems they cant get the % right on many of the games  

This game isn't localized by aeria. This is a Partner game. The Partner controls the content and we publish it. Localization team works on the non-Partner games.

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedNov 20, 2012 8:56 pm
localization team also translates the game.

And in my dealing with many games over the YEARS ive played and GS'd

The team would be better off using google translate.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:23 pm
GoodNameTaken wrote:
localization team also translates the game.

And in my dealing with many games over the YEARS ive played and GS'd

The team would be better off using google translate.  

The game was in English when Aeria Games & Entertainment acquired it. No translations were needed.

Skrypto

Rank 2
Skrypto
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:29 pm
agreed.

I have noticed this skill failing to heal for correct amounts. It is one of the more desirable and useful skills for archers considering it is our ONLY method of healing. If we choose to double skill or not, we are more than likely going to have this skill in our main build, or at the very least in alt build.

Another issue regarding Archer skills I found to be strange was the fact that our "Lunatic Fire" Aoe skill costs an insane 45 rage to cast. Now consider this ;

Mage Aoe 's

1 -->(16 Rage) Rain Of Fire lv 5 = 140% M.Dam to all enemies + 25% QTE 10 Sec Cooldown
2 -->(30 Rage) Meteoric Storm lv 3 = +136% M.Dam to ALL enemies + 25% QTE 15 second cooldown.

Each AOE hits ALL enemies multiple times, Deals Magic Damage (which both Knight and Archer are substantially weaker to), and EITHER skill can be cast 1st turn at the start of battle.

Now take a look at an Archer's "Lunatic Fire" AOE skill ;

(45 Rage) Lunatic Fire lv 3 = 104% damage to all enemies, +10% Crit Rate. 20 Second cooldown, +25% QTE.

An archer cannot cast this aoe right away, even if we stacked crit, it would take us 2 turns minimum to be able to fire this far weaker AOE skill compared to a mage's second skill, which can be cast instantly.

When you look at the big picture, this is one of the most broken class skills in the game, for a few reasons.

1. A group of 3 decently geared mages can crank out more far more dps to a group of equally geared archers/knights. This is made painfully clear in Arena/Group Arena and even more in Battlegrounds. The ability to take down troops 1st or 2nd turn as well as damaging the main character creates a huge advantage to AOE mages.

I am a pretty well geared archer, and I find myself struggling against even lesser geared mages.

Im not saying I want mages to be nerfed into the ground, and I'm not saying their build is over powered, what I am saying is that the skills of the other classes seem to be lacking in terms of balance. I personally feel bottlenecked by the limited functionality of archer skills. The rage consumption of archer skills just feels too high for me to be able to use them efficiently.

You can ignore it, debate it, the fact is that there is an imbalance between the 3 classes right now, and if I had the chance to switch, I'd join team Mage without a second thought.

HackSlash52

Rank 2
HackSlash52
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:34 pm
I agree with ya completely the aoe rage requirement for Lunatic Fire is way too high it makes archers weaker than other classes like u said rather than nerf mage why not make archers better improve their skills and whatnot to even it up make it like 20 rage or something instead of 45... 45 is just insane compared to mages...

MaskedOne from DWO and on DWOZ. MaskedTwo on smite. maskedone11 on skype. If you wanna talk or w/e I check it every now and then.

Saveric

Saveric
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:44 pm
Skrypto wrote:
agreed.
Another issue regarding Archer skills I found to be strange was the fact that our "Lunatic Fire" Aoe skill costs an insane 45 rage to cast. Now consider this ;

Mage Aoe 's
1 -->(16 Rage) Rain Of Fire lv 5 = 140% M.Dam to all enemies + 25% QTE 10 Sec Cooldown
2 -->(30 Rage) Meteoric Storm lv 3 = +136% M.Dam to ALL enemies + 25% QTE 15 second cooldown.

Each AOE hits ALL enemies multiple times, Deals Magic Damage (which both Knight and Archer are substantially weaker to), and EITHER skill can be cast 1st turn at the start of battle.

Now take a look at an Archer's "Lunatic Fire" AOE skill ;
(45 Rage) Lunatic Fire lv 3 = 104% damage to all enemies, +10% Crit Rate. 20 Second cooldown, +25% QTE.

Lunatic Fire lv 4 = 134% Damage to all enemies, +10 Crit Rate, 20 Second CD, +25% QTE. (Hits 3 times per target.)

1 -->(16 Rage) Rain Of Fire lv 4 = 134% M.Dam to all enemies + 25% QTE 10 Sec Cooldown(Hits 2 times per target)
2 -->(30 Rage) Meteoric Storm lv 3 = +136% M.Dam to ALL enemies + 25% QTE 15 second cooldown.(Hits 2 times per target)

Mages AoE hits less times per target than Archers and Knights AoE each of them hits 3 times per target while Mages only twice. Mages are also weak against physical attack so you saying that archers and knights are weak against mage it goes hand in hand.

Mage Rage gain: 2 Rage per time damaging an opponent.
Knight Rage gain: 10 Rage per action.
Archer Rage gain: 5 Rage Per critical.

Against a Group of 3, Knight can gain max of 10 Rage per AoE.
Against a Group of 3, Mages can gain max 12 Rage per AoE.(6 rage for one of the AoEs)
Against a Group of 3, Archer can gain max 45 Rage per AoE.