Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedNov 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: GameSages

CPRYDE. wrote:
Just because you're a GS doesn't give you the right to take away our freedom of speech.  

You don't have freedom of speech here. This website, these forums, the shoutbox, the games, etc. are all the property of Aeria, and for the games, the developers.

You cannot say whatever you want on Aeria's property. You can say whatever Aeria allows you to say. That's how things work on the Internet. The same way I couldn't go to your house and scream whatever I want at you and your family, since it's your (family's) property.

Please do some research on what it means to have "freedom of speech" before making yourself look like an idiot... Something the Internet is already full of.

Advertisement

CPRYDE.

Rank 1
PostedNov 19, 2012 10:30 am

Relaera wrote:
CPRYDE. wrote:
Just because you're a GS doesn't give you the right to take away our freedom of speech.  

You don't have freedom of speech here. This website, these forums, the shoutbox, the games, etc. are all the property of Aeria, and for the games, the developers.

You cannot say whatever you want on Aeria's property. You can say whatever Aeria allows you to say. That's how things work on the Internet. The same way I couldn't go to your house and scream whatever I want at you and your family, since it's your (family's) property.

Please do some research on what it means to have "freedom of speech" before making yourself look like an idiot... Something the Internet is already full of.  

So you're saying a tourist cannot walk into a public coffee shop and tell the manager he is ugly with big ears? You sir, just made yourself look like an idiot. YOU need to do some research on what it means to have "freedom of speech", because clearly, you're the one who makes the internet full of idiotic people.

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedNov 19, 2012 10:38 am
A tourist most certainly can, but getting thrown out isn't "infringing on his freedom of speech".

The same way you can really post whatever you want, but if Aeria doesn't like it, they can remove it and ban you.

You have no rights at Aeria, only privileges.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedNov 20, 2012 10:31 pm
GSs take a ton of time out of their lives and dedicate time and effort to bring you guys the best. It's never a good idea to return such volunteerism with ingratitude and insults.

Concerning free speech: Simply put, this is Aeria Forums, not American public. Because you agreed to the Aeria TOS in order to open your account, you basically agreed to every limitation concerning speech. If you check out the forum rules nicely spelled out here, it says "You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in the ShoutBox/Forum."

However, I understand that there may be legitimate concerns about individuals. If you have complaints about GSs, you can always send in a ticket about specific cases of misbehavior. Posting complaints on the forums never achieve much other than disunity.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedNov 23, 2012 2:47 pm   Last edited by LordRapthorne on Nov 23, 2012 6:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total

CPRYDE. wrote:
This isn't the only thread about what I'm about to adress. Anyways, it has come to not only me, but some other fellow players of the community, that some of these game sages are becoming either ****, rude, and abusing their title. To me, we have way too many game sages. We don't need anymore. It also has come to my attention that we, the fellow soldiers of the community, cannot voice our opinions without being warned. Just because you're a GS doesn't give you the right to take away our freedom of speech. I can't even say abc game sage has a big head without being warned of what I'm saying. And two, stacking half of the GS team in captain mode is fine. But kicking people then banning them from vent after you lost only brings your own reputation down. Not putting any names out, but you know who you are. Amen.  

Regarding freedom of speech: You occupy a web space that requires agreement to a Terms of Service to use. Constitutional amendments don't apply.

Now that's out of the way with. I strongly agree that GS's should definitely not "abuse their title", though how they may have done so is confusing to me, as we have no power above any other player beyond contact with the GM's.

With regard to voicing your opinion. When done appropriately and in a constructive manner, no one should ever stop you. However if your opinion consists of LOL GSTRAINER IS A STUPID NOOB TROLLOLOL or something similar, then you know, it's understandable that action would be taken to remove such things.

Regarding vent, if you are referring to the Aeria Games official ventrilo server then no GS at all should have any moderation powers there. If they do, report it, especially if that power is being abused. If this applies to a privately owned vent, then that's got nothing to do with Aeria, thus has no bearing on GS activity.

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedNov 23, 2012 6:45 pm
United States Constitution wrote:
The First Amendment of the United States Constitution, adopted in 1791, provides that "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."  

this is your rule of freedom of speech. It means that the government cant make it against the law to say stuff. HAVE NO FEAR! you saying something bad about AGE/Staff/volunteers will not see you put in jail!!! constitution upholded!!!

Now, if the government tries to make a law saying its illegal to say bad things about AGE, then you can start going on about your freedom of speech.

you are not worthy to see this signature