gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedNov 17, 2012 7:28 pm   Last edited by gmebilfish on Dec 04, 2012 8:35 pm. Edited 8 times in total

[Feedback] Your First Castle Siege Experience

Castle Siege has started! The music faded on (which I must add, sounded awesome!) and the battle has begun!

Those who were able to participate in today Castle Siege, what did you think? What did you like about it? What did you hate about the Siege? What suggestion do you have that will make it even better?

Regarding the Lag issue due to the Castle Guards, we have already forwarded the information to our Developer.

Congrats to Final Guild for winning Labonia Castle~! Great job!
Congrats to Requiem for claiming Halland Castle

If you missed out on the fun, here a video majestic862 (Thanks majestic862) has recorded for the first Castle Siege run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I44tf1WTVcs
Advertisement

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedNov 17, 2012 7:31 pm
Players were having issues with connecting. Hope this gets looked into. Smile

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedNov 17, 2012 7:34 pm
Getting into the Game like Phoenix said seems to be the main problem. Not directly related to the actual Event. As far as the players involved, people tend to be giving positive feedback Very Happy

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Feedback on your first Castle Siege Experience

gmebilfish wrote:
Labonia Castle Siege has started! The music faded on (which I must add, sounded awesome!) and the battle has begun!

Those who were able to participate in today Castle Siege, what did you think? What you like about it? What did you hate about the Siege? What suggestion do you have that will make it even better?  

What i think? The sieges are a great opportunity to make the community group and enjoy the fight.

What i like? The action, it's pure free PvP. No freaking buttons to PvP, no senseless death drop. Pure and free PvP.

What i hate? The Game engine as it's now, i have a crossfire and i was in the battle with like 10FPS lol; The time zone will be a problem if it is not set up correctly and/or AERIA plan not to do an EU server.

What i suggest? Optimize the game engine or people will have hard time to play it.. increase the partecipation list to both sides, don't restrict it to how it's wrote on the wiki and the guides on the web. WOuld be good also to make the siege zone a FREE partecipation area, where everyone can get in and fight but only those who are signed can USE the siege features (the camp, take the castle, and so on).

KageSama

Rank 2
KageSama
PostedNov 17, 2012 8:32 pm
Once our guild took the castle the lag seemed to die as all the guards disappeared. Which was awesome, since at that point the mild pve aspect of this siege was gone and it was down to business. There's still a lot of confusion as to what some stuff does and where to go. But, otherwise hands down this is probably the 2nd best gvg event I've seen done to date. It was only with 3 guilds to.... So, I cant imagine what happens when there is like 25 guilds trying to get one castle. Like another person said the game will defiantly need to be optimized. Hard I played in min spec and was choked by the massive amounts of guards at the start. Can't imagine what would happen with a couple hundred players X_x. Anyway, good stuff thanks again for the entertaining experience Aeria.

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedNov 18, 2012 1:30 am
Great experience all around, thanks to everyone who participated.

Something that became annoying was neutral people spectating, it caused problems with targeting enemies, and results in more lag for some people. (I did not lag, personally)

Although at the same time I think it's neat that people can spectate. I have mixed feelings about it.

Guards were annoying. At the statue, I had a hoard of like 15 following me, and remained so until Final capped the city.

As of this first siege, I don't have much more to add. I couldn't even stop to blink.

Quulique

Rank 0
Quulique
PostedNov 18, 2012 2:11 am
It was exciting and I enjoyed the setup, but like other people have remarked the lag was phenomenally horrible. Definitely hope that gets improved before more guilds jump in in the game proper, because otherwise my computer would probably crash trying to participate. :p

majestic862

Rank 0
majestic862
PostedNov 18, 2012 5:56 am
Very fun and exciting first siege...haven't had that much in an MMO for a long time.

Only major issue I had was the lag that occured when the gates went down and the defending castle guards appeared onscreen. Having neutral players that weren't signed up for the siege probably didn't help the massive frame rate drops people were getting.

Still had alot of fun though. Reminded me of back in the day Lineage 2 / SUN. Smile

RedivivusPopuli

Rank 1
RedivivusPopuli
PostedNov 18, 2012 7:29 am
I think it was cool,i have no problem with it only 2 ! if we able to go on wall! to attack with ranged weapon,that will be fun,and dont let other on siege field more player make more lag.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 18, 2012 7:57 am
It was very enjoyable and everything negative has already been said.