ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedNov 25, 2012 4:33 pm
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
ramsisthe3rd wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

The only thing game booster will do is close background processes which can be done without the program (most people are just too lazy to).  

Thats exactly the problem. Most people dont know how to or dont want to close programs. That is why the vast majority of problems that people have and post in this section are about how they are blocked off by AC or they cant see anything when they get to ignite. Thats where CCleaner and GameBooster come in.

Btw, of course the percentage is not right. It is impossible to figure out an accurate percentage of a question as vague as "how many problems do people have". People will continue to have problems all day that are not related to the contents of this thread. The 99.9% simply means that the vast majority of problems will be solved by this which was simply determined by the amount of posts I had to make that were all "install gamebooster and it will fix problem". In hindsight, this may only solve eighty percent of the problem but the post still stays the same: The vast majority..

There is no way you can calculate how many people have problems with AVA and whether this post is a solution to 99% or not. At 300 views in a week, this post probably helped a great deal of people who dont use the forums or get on to post solve their problems. Just because they dont post that they dont post thanks or how this topic helped them does not mean that it did not.

Honestly, this post was made to help people. Not for me to answer troll about it. Like I said before, it already has 300 views. People that it helped do not have to come to the forums and say thanks. I posted this thread for people on and off the forums. At that many views, I probably saved at least a 100 people from making threads with problems that could be solved with gamebooster or CCleaner.

I honestly dont want to argue with you on a thread that I made to help people. Sort of defeats the purpose..  

All the programs you listed except for one (which I have an alternative listed as I don't personally like smart defrag) are posted up in the tech help FAQ.  

Which I didn't see when I read the topic or weren't there until recently after my post o.0

If your implying that I stole your post then you dont need to. I read all of the current stickies before making my post...
Advertisement

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedNov 25, 2012 4:39 pm
ramsisthe3rd wrote:

Which I didn't see when I read the topic or weren't there until recently after my post o.0

If your implying that I stole your post then you dont need to. I read all of the current stickies before making my post...  

No I'm not saying that

What would be good for everyone is if you change the title to "List of Helpful Programs" or something along those lines, then went on to update this thread regularly with even more useful programs as you find them.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedNov 25, 2012 4:44 pm
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

No I'm not saying that

What would be good for everyone is if you change the title to "List of Helpful Programs" or something along those lines, then went on to update this thread regularly with even more useful programs as you find them.  

I'd be more than happy to change the name. It was cheesy anyway..

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

AgnosticM4

Rank 4
AgnosticM4
PostedNov 26, 2012 6:29 pm
JayAreEmCeeJR wrote:
negasweep wrote:
I'm sorry but my 2 cents would be to not follow this guide. You don't need an abundance of "PC Fixing" software to run your computer efficiently. In fact, I would say the less, the better.

If you want to keep background process minimal, just stop installing all this BS software.  

This.  

Third.

I find that ccleaner will delete important registries if you are not careful. It also clears up useless temporary junk which are automatically removed from your computer just by relogging/starting.

Gamebooster does nothing special. Neither does Razer's gamebooster. It just turns off background process for you automatically. Anyone can do it in the same time manually. The rest are plain stupid. Just use the basic defrag on your computer.

Oh did i mention dusting your computer once a month is better than all this free software crud?

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedNov 26, 2012 11:20 pm
ramsisthe3rd wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

No I'm not saying that

I'd be more than happy to change the name. It was cheesy anyway..  

Nice ^.^

I now fully endorse this to be stickied

negasweep

Rank 1
negasweep
PostedNov 28, 2012 6:56 pm
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
Installing game booster isn't going to solve 99% of the problems

Thank you Ziggy. Gamebooster is the most overrated program I've seen. IF you know what you're doing on your computer, it will literally do nothing for you.

xAtomicEgg

Rank 5
xAtomicEgg
PostedNov 28, 2012 7:53 pm
gamebooster sucks lol

tried it and it made it worse, BIG time

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:23 pm
Meh well if you guys have any other suggestions let me know.

I'll add them to the topic and give proper credit.

Problem is gamebooster is the safest thing for people to understand how to use.

Litrally 1 click. Its safer than telling people to close processes which may result to them closing an anti virus or explorer.exe and lead to a virus and a major headache.

Gamebooster is a painless solution Very Happy

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

xAtomicEgg

Rank 5
xAtomicEgg
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:46 pm
ramsisthe3rd wrote:
Meh well if you guys have any other suggestions let me know.

I'll add them to the topic and give proper credit.

Problem is gamebooster is the safest thing for people to understand how to use.

Litrally 1 click. Its safer than telling people to close processes which may result to them closing an anti virus or explorer.exe and lead to a virus and a major headache.

Gamebooster is a painless solution Very Happy  

Gamebooster sucks dude...

i use MSI Afterburner

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedDec 03, 2012 5:46 pm
Hey ziggy I think it would be best to incorporate this into your FAQ thread.

That way everything is in one place and we can refer people to 1 single thread.

Lemme know if its a good idea.