TheAmbiance

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 10:57 am

Warriors the most powerful class?

A theory / speculation
I haven't played DK that much yet, so I am basing this off very little information. I reckon an average warrior will be roughly on par with the paladin, the shadowmage, and the sorceress. However, I'm gonna say that the most powerful and juiced (read: geared) warrior is going to be more powerful than another class which is juiced. Why? This is because of Slashes.

Slashes deal physical damage as a percentage of the warrior's weapon damage.  

Obviously all classes gain benefits from increases in gear, all classes get more damage from a better weapon (not sure about sorceress). Obviously all classes can deal more damage with a higher damage weapon, but for the warrior it is more exponential. For other classes, the damage coming from the skill remains flat, independent of yer gear. Just, the skill damage can be changed through skill points, on top of weapon damage. However with warrior, there is an increase in base damage, and additionally the skill derived damage is boosted. Other classes are boosted one time from a better weapon, warrior is boosted two-fold. Like this:

Other classes:

Increased weapon damage + Skill= Increased damage
Example: 100 weapon damage + 100 skill damage = 200 damage
200 weapon damage + 100 skill damage= 300 damage

Warrior class

Increased weapon damage + Increased skill damage= Vastly increased damage
Example: 100 weapon damage + 100 skill damage = 200 damage
200 weapon damage + 200 skill damage= 400 damage*

*This is with a formula of 100%, a 1:1 ratio of weapon damage: %skill damage  

I don't know what the rate is for the skills, but I assume there are substantial at a high level. Therefore those warriors who have really good gear, notably a really good sword, they will be more "powerful" than other classes which are equally as juiced. Here, by "powerful", I mean the ability to excel at what you do best. In layman's terms the warrior class is the class of choice for babashoppers/cash-popsicles/heavy cash shoppers/juicers... blah blah blah.

Do you reckon?
Advertisement

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 17, 2012 11:14 am
It really depends on the situation. I don't think this one skill will make warriors OP.
There are certainly balance issues, every game has them. But I'm not sure it's based solely on that skill.

And in fact, whether worded the same way or not, all skills scale off your stats.

The basic fireball for Sorceress, in text, says 50-65 damage at level 3.(Which is the max for the spell)
But, my fireball does 450 damage now.

TheAmbiance

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 11:22 am
synster14 wrote:
It really depends on the situation. I don't think this one skill will make warriors OP.
There are certainly balance issues, every game has them. But I'm not sure it's based solely on that skill.

And in fact, whether worded the same way or not, all skills scale off your stats.

The basic fireball for Sorceress, in text, says 50-65 damage at level 3.(Which is the max for the spell)

In case I didn't make it clear, slashes are a series of skills... they are a skill type. All classes got two major skill types right? Warriors have slashes and blows. Also for clarity, I don't deny skills scale of stats. What I'm saying is warriors slashing skills scale off stats and a weapon two-fold . Therefore a powerful weapon is most powerful for the warrior.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:02 pm
TheAmbiance wrote:
synster14 wrote:

In case I didn't make it clear, slashes are a series of skills... they are a skill type. All classes got two major skill types right? Warriors have slashes and blows. Also for clarity, I don't deny skills scale of stats. What I'm saying is warriors slashing skills scale off stats and a weapon two-fold . Therefore a powerful weapon is most powerful for the warrior.  

My spells all scale directly off magic attack, my staff gives magic attack.....it's this way for all classes. Whether they state it as a % or not.

If I did the math I'm sure I would have a % for each skill, but I don't want to.

I have 493 or so magic attack on my staff, this has increased my fireballs damage by roughly 140 damage.

If my weapon had 10k magic attack on it, then the weapon would make my skills OP.....It's not just because warriors skills are strong that they are OP..

Currently no sorceress in max gear can beat a paladin/warrior in max gear.

Warriors kill us in 2 shots, and paladins kill us in 3. Mounts allow them to get into melee range to stun us before we can get our first spell off. They then kill us while stunned.

This is just how the balance of gear is, period, much less warriors specific "slashes" tree.

I have no experience with shadow mage PvP.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:05 pm
There is no theory at all. Warriors can be a tank but they are not PURE tanks, they are a mix betwheen Tank and DD.

Paladin here are the true Pure Tanks because they got PLENTY of passive/toggle skills to increase the P.Def and M.Def, while the Warrior have not.

So, whenever the warrior will get more damage, in a situation you make the build to be a DD, the Paladin can still have the better P.Def and M.Def than the warrior.

You can't say that the warrior are gonna be OP cause of ONE skill without see the complete list of skills..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

shogungari

Rank 0
PostedNov 17, 2012 3:03 pm
I haven't had a chance to play it yet because of a problem with the installation, but wouldn't it make more sense to make a class designed to be close range naturally stronger? Not only do they have to close the distance but you can kite them if you're faster. I would think warriors be the top damage dealers but have to run into the fray, risking getting pummeled to death, in order to be of any use.

timaus

Rank 0
timaus
PostedNov 17, 2012 3:11 pm
kiting isnt as easy in this game since there isnt really isnt any instant skills atleast for shadowmage and the mana drain skills on shadowmage are supposedly broken. I will say though that right now i view warrior as one of the strongest if not the strongest in the game right now.

Click the signature to apply for Inspire