SantyClaws

Rank 0
SantyClaws
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:08 am

Maintenance, good and bad sides.

Maintenance was a good thing, but I think they removed a bit too much of stats.

- As a Paladin, I thought I could survive more than 3 monsters. GMs made that hard now, and in party it still matters. It is weird that I take more damage than the nearby shadowmage. Paladins are supposed to stand out as tankers, and it fails in it now.

The point is, you lowered my ability to do a tankers job in the party, and I hope you'll redo a maintenance or in OB the stats will be a bit higher.

- Everyone used to be high stats, but now everyone low stats, though it is supposed to be that low stats on everything except one.

Please comment and answer people and GS/GM, I want to know your sides of view.

Advertisement

aeriamasterz22

Rank 0
aeriamasterz22
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:12 am

Re: Maintenance, good and bad sides.

SantyClaws wrote:
Maintenance was a good thing, but I think they removed a bit too much of stats.

- As a Paladin, I thought I could survive more than 3 monsters. GMs made that hard now, and in party it still matters. It is weird that I take more damage than the nearby shadowmage. Paladins are supposed to stand out as tankers, and it fails in it now.

The point is, you lowered my ability to do a tankers job in the party, and I hope you'll redo a maintenance or in OB the stats will be a bit higher.

- Everyone used to be high stats, but now everyone low stats, though it is supposed to be that low stats on everything except one.

Please comment and answer people and GS/GM, I want to know your sides of view.  

A paladin is a dps/buffer/healer class not always no.1 for tanking. as we are still in closed beta i i would reccommend trying a whole load of different skills and stat trials to find a good tanking build.. from my experience a tank has Amazing amounts of hp and can pull lots of mobs and be able to stay alive. I have gone with warrior tank. but please tell me how you do with paladin tank.

many thanks

*Put this again and you'll be banned Mwuahahahaha

PacificHero45

Rank 0
PacificHero45
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:16 am

Bugs

there was a recent bug, when you logged in you got random OP stats, the GMs requested a fix for this. This is why you can't tank. Yesterday i was in the temple, with 10 mobs on me and taking no damage, but if i did that today, would die too quickly.

Thanks Shadows :D

SantyClaws

Rank 0
SantyClaws
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:17 am
ALSO:

- Players say that they take the same damage with armors on and off.
So yeah that's a problem guys :/

SantyClaws

Rank 0
SantyClaws
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:20 am

Re: Bugs

PacificHero45 wrote:
there was a recent bug, when you logged in you got random OP stats, the GMs requested a fix for this. This is why you can't tank. Yesterday i was in the temple, with 10 mobs on me and taking no damage, but if i did that today, would die too quickly.  

I think it was good that they removed the OP stats also, but they tipped the scale from never dying to instant death. Balance is harsh to find, and I'm not angry to GMs, I just want the game to be ready for OB times.

terracyrax

Rank 2
terracyrax
PostedNov 17, 2012 2:25 am
yeah even before the bug i could handle 4 mobs at a time as a pure dps war with bug weellllll u could afk eat dinner take a shower come back and still be alive with a ton of mobs missing me now after fix i can barely handle 2 3 if i pot like crasy.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 17, 2012 4:26 am

SantyClaws wrote:
PacificHero45 wrote:

I think it was good that they removed the OP stats also, but they tipped the scale from never dying to instant death. Balance is harsh to find, and I'm not angry to GMs, I just want the game to be ready for OB times.  

I think they got it right.
They don't want people to be able to tank 4+ mobs without dedicated healing. I don't mean self heals for paladins, those are there to help, NOT be a mainstay.

darkflash005

Rank 4
darkflash005
PostedNov 17, 2012 5:10 am

synster14 wrote:
SantyClaws wrote:
PacificHero45 wrote:

I think they got it right.
They don't want people to be able to tank 4+ mobs without dedicated healing. I don't mean self heals for paladins, those are there to help, NOT be a mainstay.  

yes, thats how the game is suposed to be, tbh i prefer it this way, its more of a challenge

CheriiLynn

Rank 0
CheriiLynn
PostedNov 17, 2012 5:13 am
SantyClaws wrote:
ALSO:

Yeah, I upped my gear by a substantial amount of levels and my defence remained the same. I'm going to upgrade it more just to check that my eyes weren't deceiving me.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 17, 2012 5:37 am
CheriiLynn wrote:
SantyClaws wrote:
ALSO:

Yeah, I upped my gear by a substantial amount of levels and my defence remained the same. I'm going to upgrade it more just to check that my eyes weren't deceiving me.  

I have to comment that you wouldn't see a difference even if you did upgrade all of your gear to +10.

I did some testing with my sorc. 426 armor with all armor on. 8 without.

I took you average, overly hostile, man eating zomie and let it om nom my brain.

It hit me for 55-69 with my armor on, and 69-78 without

This is a difference of 418 armor....
So, with upgrading all of your armor to +10, you gain a paltry 120 armor.
So, maaaybe 3-4 less damage per hit?

I would also like to comment that your defense stat on your gear is actually "armor".

And the defense stat in your character sheet is magic dodge.