blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedNov 17, 2012 10:50 am
GoSuperbPVP wrote:
I have one important question also. Are these times for the war? If so, do we register before these times? If no, are these the registration times?  

The website says you must register before the start of the war or be enemied to everyone, but what really throws you off is that the website says siege war lasts for 1h30m but this post says 1h.

http://dkonline.aeriagames.com/guide/siege

So either these are the registration times, or these are the war times and they forgot to add 30 minutes.

Advertisement

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 17, 2012 10:50 am
synster14 wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
We are not talking about the game launch but about a game mechanic that happen during saturday/sunday at 4, 5 or 6 AM HERE where i live (that is the CENTRAL EUROPE). These times affect all the time zones that are GMT+0 GMT+1, GMT+2 and GMT+3 where the EU population is. I suggested a new siege mechanic with new times to allow at least the 95% of the EU population play TOGHETER with all the NA population. PST time is the WEST side of the NA, so start the sieges at 13.30 mean that EVERYONE from NA WILL PLAY because they are all from GMT-8, -7 -6 and -5 respectivelly 13.30(GMT-8 ) -> 14.30(GMT-7) -> 15.30(GMT-6) -> 16.30(GMT-5)

You CAN'T deny the fact that the times i suggeste are cleary FAIR and PERFECT for both NA and EU.

And i still repeat AGAIN: That MUST be taken in consideration IF they are NOT making an EU server.  

If GMT is 17:00, that is 12:00 for east coast U.S....which is when everyone is at work. And that is 9:00 for west coast, when everyone is going to work. So, sorry, no, that won't work.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/est/index.htm

P.S I was just using the launch time as an example.  
What times are you talking about, i already said the times, can't you read?

13.30(GMT-8 ) -> 14.30(GMT-7) -> 15.30(GMT-6) -> 16.30(GMT-5)
mean
21.30(GMT+0 ) -> 22.30(GMT+1) -> 23.30(GMT+2) -> 00.30(GMT+3)

Is that hard? I never talked about 12.00 or 09.00

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedNov 17, 2012 11:03 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
What times are you talking about, i already said the times, can't you read?

13.30(GMT-8 ) -> 14.30(GMT-7) -> 15.30(GMT-6) -> 16.30(GMT-5)
mean
21.30(GMT+0 ) -> 22.30(GMT+1) -> 23.30(GMT+2) -> 00.30(GMT+3)

Is that hard? I never talked about 12.00 or 09.00  

I miss spoke, but that's irrelevant, I was using it as a guide, 16:30 is 4:30 P.M for us here, which still doesn't work.

More than half the U.S population is still at work/in school at that time.

9 to 5 jobs. So, we get off work/school at 17:00(GMT-5), then we all drive home, get settled in, such and such.
So it ends up being 18:00(GMT -5)before the majority of the east coast is ready to play, and
Aeria takes this into account I assume.
They probably also consider major religious group meeting times.

And I forget to mention, that I'm not arguing for, or against the times. No matter what they are, I will be there. I'm just trying to help you understand why they may be what they are.

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedNov 17, 2012 11:41 am
Let's all please calm down.

Some other Aeria games do have European servers, and there is an Aeria office in Europe. Aeria is a multinational corporation, with offices in Brazil, Germany, Japan, and the USA. Seems there was a also new office somewhere else, but I'd have to check on that to be sure.

"2. There will be no discussion based on a national, political, religious, sexual or ethnic nature." -- from the Aeria Games & Entertainment Forum Rules and Game Rules.

Expressing concerns over how Aeria may facilitate your enjoyment of gameplay and game events is understandable, but this is not a place to promote nationalism, no matter how much pride one may have in one's own nation; as such, a bit of sensitivity to the feelings of people from outwith one's own nation is not only courteous, but also less likely to result in bickering back-and-forth.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:26 pm
gmebilfish wrote:
My castle!!! You can't have it! Rawr!  

:c I will fite you for those castles Fishy. If I was mean I'd add something about making sushi for my first celebratory dinner inside said castle. But I won't, lol

Now as for the ridiculous bickering about times, I want you to come close, because I have something important to tell you all.

..... Closer.

...... FACE-AT-THE-SCREEN CLOSE, pleaseandty.

Now that I have your attention, This HQ of Aeria is situated nice-and-cozy in the American Pacific timezone. On the flipside, there is NO KNOWN TIME ZONE that will satisfy every single time zone that every single player here at DKO is in. No matter what time zone they make these in-game events in, there will always be people that cannot participate. So quit yer whining about the events' timings and accept the times for what they are.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:36 pm
TreishaSempai wrote:
there is NO KNOWN TIME ZONE that will satisfy every single time zone that every single player here at DKO is in. No matter what time zone they make these in-game events in, there will always be people that cannot participate.  
You are wrong, there is one, it's called NA Server and EU Server.

TreishaSempai wrote:
accept the times for what they are.  
No.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

whitenuts00

Rank 1
whitenuts00
PostedNov 17, 2012 12:56 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
TreishaSempai wrote:
there is NO KNOWN TIME ZONE that will satisfy every single time zone that every single player here at DKO is in. No matter what time zone they make these in-game events in, there will always be people that cannot participate.  
You are wrong, there is one, it's called NA Server and EU Server.  

No company ran by sane people would split a server simply because of this. I'm not saying I'm against opening new servers for different areas, but there's so much more to it than simply event times. As a company, they have to analyze their data and decide whether or not it is economically and logistically viable for them to open new servers. Even from player perspective, dividing server population in some cases where it is not large enough to support it will only lead to two ghost towns instead of an active server. As I said, I'm not against it, but it is not something that should be done rashly and simply because of something like event times.

<br> [DeviantArt ]</center>

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:05 pm
Arguing about it is pointless. Feedback including the concerns of some players was expressed. Others have taken apparently offense to that, for whatever reason(s). Let the Staff sort it out.

JerBear452

Rank 3
JerBear452
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:12 pm
Taz wrote:

There will be plenty of castles to schedule throughout the week. You're likely not going to be able to make them all, and we are going to schedule them in such a way that hopefully everyone that is interested can make at least one of the castle times for that week.[/color]  

Did everyone arguing about times miss this? so yea these first ones might be more towards NA players but in the future there will most likely some that work way better for EU players. and if you really want to go to more you could get up a little early and then just take a nap afterwords.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 17, 2012 1:13 pm
whitenuts00 wrote:
but there's so much more to it than simply event times. As a company, they have to analyze their data and decide whether or not it is economically and logistically viable for them to open new servers.  
You exceeded by one letter, never said to open 10 servers, i suggested that to avoid cut off half of the playing population there are 2 things to do, make the siege times being like i suggested into another topic, OR get TWO (2) servers, ONE NA and ONE EU. Stop. No more servers.

JerBear452 wrote:
Did everyone arguing about times miss this? so yea these first ones might be more towards NA players but in the future there will most likely some that work way better for EU players. and if you really want to go to more you could get up a little early and then just take a nap afterwords.  
Used to play for like 10 years at 5AM, not going to do it anymore, specially now that i have a wife, a work and soon in a few also childs. Like me i can say that at least half of the EU population is in the same situation. So, no.