Smoove._.Waves

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 5:28 pm
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
In-Game Name: Ziggy

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?

I've been an active forumer for AVA going on 3 years now. I try my best on the forums, and ingame to answer anyones questions in a respectful and friendly manner; whether it be a common question regarding gameplay, common bugs, and issues, or a more complicated and time consuming technical issue that a user may be experiencing such as trying to run, download or install, or an issue with crashes ingame and many more. I have been hanging around in the technical help section alot in the recent months and trying my best to help users as needed. And, with alot of help, have also created and had stickied a Technical Help FAQ which can be found here. I have also sent many tickets involving players behavior ingame and cheating. I always try my best to get rid of cheaters, and reporting them via ticket when I can. And a more insignificant qualification (but still worth mentioning); we have alot of users who like to spam, and like to spam inappropriate images. I myself despise spamming and find it unacceptable. Whenever this happens I make sure to find a GS from another section and get them to poke a mod. Also I will set aside atleast an hour a day EVERY day for this game, it's community, and to try and better it.

Here's a few other threads I found significant.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1673079#14150721
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1727391#14288161
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1724267#14264545
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1727739#14292545
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1622379#14339183
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14260309#14260309

There are more also some more if you need them

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?

I'll be honest; I don't really have alot of experience running events. However, I have participated in enough events to know what makes them tick. I have also created and organized a guide in the tech help section (with alot of help). I have posted that link in the last section. If that helps you judge me on my organizing abilities then I'd appreciate it.

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?

I have very much experience; On the forum, I have over 3 years of experience. I am familiar with helping people in a friendly and productive manner, and even if their issue is not solved right away I am always willing to stick it out to the end with that individual user until we can find a solution. I also have a presiding leadership over the tech help section and have created a list of great tech volunteers for people that may need it (myself included). As for me in my personal life, I have devoted myself to become a great IT. I am currently an IT major in college and will do anything to further myself in this goal. What this means for AVA though is that I will gladly assist in ANY technical matters involving the game. I look at it as not only practice for my future, but I also just love the feeling I get when helping other users, I think that's my true calling here.

D. What experience do you have with our forum community?

I have over 3 years with this forum community, back from when the AVA forum belonged to IJJI, and now when the forum belongs to Aeria. You can count on me being not only to be active for, and continue to be active ingame in AVA, but also continue to be active on the AVA forums helping users with their problems, keeping the forum clean, and promoting a fun, safe, and friendly fora. Over the years I have racked up over 17,000 posts on the IJJI AVA forums, and here currently on Aeria AVA forums just over 3,000. Also in regards to the shoutbox, I have achieved what I believe is almost 20,000 shouts these past months. Which also brings me to my next point. I'm not only active on the forums, but also on the AVA shoutbox, where I see a variety of players asking about their issues. I believe it's important for a GS candidate to also be active on the shoutbox.

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.

As a GS, I believe they work as a medium of communication between the community, and the GM's including server crashes, common ingame issues, hack reports, tickets, etc. Also I believe a GS must always treat people in a respectable and friendly manner, answering any issues they encounter in the fora, and in the forum shoutbox (even if they do not know a fix for the issue, they should still answer the thread). Another big one, activeness. I believe a GS should be active every day. I noted this in the first section, but I will say it again, I will set aside an hour a day or more every day for AVA and it's community to do my duties. I don't like to bring others down, but this hasn't been the case with previous AVA GS's. I also believe it is imperative for those GS's to try and get along with everyone, even if they are rude in nature. I learned this working in customer service and it applies here as well.

F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?

I love AVA more than any other, I have devoted 3 years of my life for this game, and it's forums. In my opinion there is no game that can match AVA's magic. I'm sure I have the know-how and general intelligence, the ingame knowledge, the forum savvy, and the ability to deal with people and their game problems to make a very competent GS. I hope that if I am chosen that I can help benefit this game and it's success in anyway. Whatever it takes to further this game on it's road to glory I am ready for. Over these past years I have seen this game's potential. And I have also seen the bad time's it has befallen. If I am selected as a GS I will do anything in my power to not only restore it to it's former glory, but take it above that, and surpass even it's own limitations. All I want for this game is for many others to enjoy it as much as I have, and have the time of their life playing it. I may not be able to do the things I said, but I will try my best. Wink  
Advertisement

imirue

Rank 0
imirue
PostedNov 07, 2012 5:57 pm

I support Ziggy for GS position

Ziggy for GS
Ziggy is great. He a good and helpful member of AVA community, and clan MERC. I can tell that he enjoys the game very much, also providing help to other members of the community, when he can, such as playing tips, technical help, etc. I think he will do great as a GS.

avaplayer1

Rank 0
avaplayer1
PostedNov 07, 2012 6:49 pm

MrProPoo

Rank 5
MrProPoo
PostedNov 07, 2012 6:50 pm
Eh don't feel like typing

matisc00l

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 7:03 pm
MrProPoo wrote:

Congrats, you are the new GS

Side note, does that mean that snowshubbel, trainer772 and chia arent GS's anymore Very Happy

MrProPoo

Rank 5
MrProPoo
PostedNov 07, 2012 7:05 pm
matisc00l wrote:
MrProPoo wrote:

Congrats, you are the new GS

Side note, does that mean that snowshubbel, trainer772 and chia arent GS's anymore Very Happy  

no

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedNov 07, 2012 7:10 pm   Last edited by ZiggyIsGrape on Nov 08, 2012 2:24 am. Edited 5 times in total
Thank you for everyone supporting me ^.^

I have a few endorsing vouches from myself, which may seem strange for a current candidate, but these things must be said.

Current Applicants

2009RKO - This guy is awesome, he is always positive, respectful, and friendly, and helps out whenever he can. He's been playing AVA for a really long time and there isn't much he doesn't know about the game. He is also bilingual and speaks Portuguese which is huge in a game with such a high brazilian population. Anyways RKO is always helping on the forums and ingame which I think is awesome. Good luck RKO ^.^

Valk - So many great things to be said here. She applied as a GS when french applications were up and even though she was one of the greatest candidates she fell short. One reason I think that is is that not many people know her past identity, which is Quencey, or AceOfSex. She has been active and helpful with the AVA community for a few years now AT LEAST (could be more I'm not sure). She's very mature, friendly, and knowledgeable and would make an awesome GS. Good luck Valk ^.^

MastaGunZ - Noone has the amount of AVA experience that he has. Masta has been playing AVA since 2007, and it's obvious the high regard in which he holds this game. For anyone to be that loyal over the years is amazing. He's also been very active on the forums in the past creating numerous helpful guides involving weapons and ingame help. Masta however has not been active on the forums recently and I think that's his greatest weakness here. If he so decides to become active again he would be a great candidate Smile

Possible Applicants

MrProPoo - Pooman would make an incredible GS. He's already shown great GS qualities in the past, as well as being mature, leadership skills, and being friendly and helpful in general. However, he's told me that he wouldn't make a good GS and won't even bother applying. I believe that's a bunch of bologna and that he would make an incredible GS. Smile

Blaznyuu - In my opinion the best candidate there is, overcoming every other applicant including myself. He is ALWAYS friendly, is incredibly helpful, and always replies in a helpful, cheerful, respectful, and positive manner. He has stated however that he won't be applying for personal reasons, which I can understand. However, if he changes his mind or those reasons clear up then he's got my vote 100% Smile

chinnnc

Rank 4
chinnnc
PostedNov 07, 2012 7:13 pm
too lazy

FruutelIa

Rank 5.1
PostedNov 07, 2012 7:14 pm
Vouch for Myth, Ziggy, Ace, and RKO.

Smoove._.Waves

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 7:26 pm
FruutelIa wrote:
Vouch for Myth, Ziggy, Ace, Tsunami, and RKO.  
oh kirsi please don't flatter me I've been a bad bad bad boy lately Evil or Very Mad