OrionX_

Rank 1
OrionX_
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:40 am   Last edited by OrionX_ on Nov 16, 2012 7:54 am. Edited 1 time in total

Ode to the Highlands

I just spend my first 24 hours in the Highlands (Lv.58~60). And I have to say that it's the most wonderful region I've been in. It even beats Golden Plains. For the first time ever I have been doing the (REP) quests that give you alpaca medals. I've only done some in Arid Wilds but I soon skipped them because they simply became too bothersome.

The Highlands is a wonderful map. It has bright plain fields, unlike any of the previous maps such as Blackflame Peak and Decay Swamp. There is a nice soothing background music playing as you walk through the calm scenery. It's as if I'm back at Limestone Mountain, the town where I began as a Warrior. But the best of all is the lack of volcano's, waterfalls, swamp sounds and all the other anoying sounds I've came across ever since I left the Golden Plains.

Another great thing is that this map offers the Golden Alpaca coins which I sought for a long time. I want one of their costumes. These (REP) quests are so amazing, they sometimes stack together making you only defeat 1 monster for 2 different drops. The NPC's are close by, the monsters are easy to defeat, and the quest with the seeds is just too good to be true. One downsider though, you need to be careful with arena attacks or else you might anger that massive boar that strolls by. I died once or twice, not seeing it was behind me.... Oh well~

Ode to the Highlands. May your wonderful memories aid me in my further travels~ Very Happy
Advertisement

LichDemon

Rank 3
LichDemon
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:50 am
wetlands, decay, avila and blackflame are the prettiest sights IMO

yunni006

Rank 3
yunni006
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:57 am
yea highlands is pretty nice c:

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedNov 16, 2012 11:52 pm
Hmm since Limestone Mtn. and Golden Plains are both semi-mountainous areas I think Highlands is somewhat similar to that.

But I like swamp maps and snow maps better. Wetlands is beautiful for me though (especially at night)