GM_darasuum

GameMaster: USA
GM_darasuum
PostedNov 16, 2012 3:26 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
GM_darasuum wrote:
Offically I cannot tell you that Team Fortress 2 is a fun way to pass the time, nor am I allowed to say things like I play TOR and/or LoL.  

*coughdota2>LoLcough*  

If I were allowed I'd talk to you about how I own both and don't see enough difference between them.

But I'm not allowed to so we can't discuss that.

Advertisement

dimakiller44

Rank 0
dimakiller44
PostedNov 16, 2012 5:04 pm
GM_darasuum wrote:
Offically I cannot tell you that Team Fortress 2 is a fun way to pass the time, nor am I allowed to say things like I play TOR and/or LoL.

What I can say is Halo 4 and Black Ops are out and are very fun and have online multiplayer functions, like killing zombies in Black Ops.

I can also tell you that Aeria has many games you can play to pass the time. Wink  

tf2 is fun I agree
Dota 2 > HoN > LoL
Swtor is a huge fail to be honest
and about Halo 4 and blackops I got bf3 already xP

whats your steam id? we might play some tf2 or dota 2 if you get it

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:33 pm
dimakiller44 wrote:
Dota 2 > HoN > LoL  

*brofist*

If we were allowed to talk about it, I'd totes tell daras how LoL is for the casual, nub MOBA gamers, so ofc he'd play that. Though since we can't talk about it, I won't.

FrostTP

Rank 0
FrostTP
PostedNov 16, 2012 9:53 pm
I would rather not rush the DEVs so they can release a more finished product xD! Lesser bugs that way and a much more smoother gameplay. Very Happy

Same here too, i cant wait for this game to be LIVE xD! The trailer looks AWESOME especially those MOUNTS i just wanna get one of them as it goes LIVE first day! Cool

dimakiller44

Rank 0
dimakiller44
PostedNov 16, 2012 9:58 pm
FrostTP wrote:
I would rather not rush the DEVs so they can release a more finished product xD! Lesser bugs that way and a much more smoother gameplay. Very Happy

Same here too, i cant wait for this game to be LIVE xD! The trailer looks AWESOME especially those MOUNTS i just wanna get one of them as it goes LIVE first day! Cool  

well the game is already running in Korea so they just need to input a good translation and redo some stuff at the cash shop

miagatameskulo

Rank 1
miagatameskulo
PostedNov 18, 2012 4:10 am

Dk

DK
DK is for Windows 7 ??

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedNov 18, 2012 4:14 am

Re: Dk

DK
miagatameskulo wrote:
DK is for Windows 7 ??  

yes it works.

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedNov 18, 2012 5:42 am
dimakiller44 wrote:
FrostTP wrote:

well the game is already running in Korea so they just need to input a good translation and redo some stuff at the cash shop  

I wish more companies just thew on a translation and released the game. The benefits are just so huge in that you can almost always keep up with releasing the same update at the same time both in west and east. (Because you can translate text while they program)

Not to mention most people want to play the Korean game, but don't want to steal IDs and play something they can't read. So you'd be doing your fans a favor, while saving yourself some headaches.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 18, 2012 6:33 am
lingu023 wrote:
I wish more companies just thew on a translation and released the game. The benefits are just so huge in that you can almost always keep up with releasing the same update at the same time both in west and east. (Because you can translate text while they program)

Not to mention most people want to play the Korean game, but don't want to steal IDs and play something they can't read. So you'd be doing your fans a favor, while saving yourself some headaches.  

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple. You have to worry about voice-over recordings, asset integration, linguistics testing, and making sure strings of code are localized 100% properly. Even 1 foreign character in core coding can result in the game crashing on an EN PC that does not support it. Then, all that must be tested on a higher scale (i.e. Closed Beta).

A localized version of a game is virtually a completely new client, and thus must be treated as one. The same applies to updates. Just as they are tested by internal testers for the native version, the same must be done for the localized version.

Generally a developer won't sign their game to foreign publishers if the game is not successful in the native country, this is partly why the native version of games tends to be ahead. I do not believe Aeria has any choice in this matter.

dimakiller44

Rank 0
dimakiller44
PostedNov 18, 2012 6:45 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
lingu023 wrote:

Unfortunately it's not quite that simple. You have to worry about voice-over recordings, asset integration, linguistics testing, and making sure strings of code are localized 100% properly. Even 1 foreign character in core coding can result in the game crashing on an EN PC that does not support it. Then, all that must be tested on a higher scale (i.e. Closed Beta).

A localized version of a game is virtually a completely new client, and thus must be treated as one. The same applies to updates. Just as they are tested by internal testers for the native version, the same must be done for the localized version.

Generally a developer won't sign their game to foreign publishers if the game is not successful in the native country, this is partly why the native version of games tends to be ahead. I do not believe Aeria has any choice in this matter.  

woah looks like you really know what are you talking about O.O