DeathAura13

Rank 0
DeathAura13
PostedNov 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Group Problem with Leadership

Permissions/Ranking all messed up.
Recently, I made a group and had only invited my sister to join so far. Naturally, I was the group leader (team leader in this case), and I wanted to promote my sister. Well, I first promoted her as leader, but I changed my mind and wanted her to be an officer instead. I had already confirmed her promotion to leader, but the site still said that I was the leader and still had the appropriate permissions so I took this chance to demote her to an officer. In this way, it apparently messed up things so much that the site considered my sister to be the team leader (the words next to the group picture), but when I clicked on the members tab, she was considered an officer as well as I. So now there are two officers in the group but no actual group leader, even if the site says that my sister is the one. This is actually problematic in that neither of us can now edit the group settings, promote/demote each other, or do anything else that only the leader can do. My sister has the rank of officer and team leader at the same time but only has the permission of an officer (it even says "You Are An Officer Of This Team" for both of us). Is there any way to fix this? I already waited a day for this just in case the changes were slow, but it has remained broken. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I recently suggested that she try leaving the group and I'd invite her back. Well, on the members tab, she's now listed as just a member but still has the permissions of an officer, although it says "You Are A Member Of This Team" on her page now. I know she still has the permissions of an officer because before I lost my leader permissions, I had marked that everything being posted in the group could only be done by an officer or higher. But this still did not solve anything. Also, next to the group picture, she is still listed as the team leader.
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 15, 2012 2:55 am
You can try sending in a ticket (just select a random game), though I'm not sure how much will be able to be done about this.
Personally, I'd say just make a new group.

DeathAura13

Rank 0
DeathAura13
PostedNov 15, 2012 8:04 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
You can try sending in a ticket (just select a random game), though I'm not sure how much will be able to be done about this.
Personally, I'd say just make a new group.  

Thanks, I was considering sending a ticket, but I didn't know any appropriate categories to select. You're right about being better to just create another group, but it's just so frustrating because I had already set up some stuff, and I didn't want to have to think up another group name that would be similar to the one I have now and satisfy me at the same time.

DeathAura13

Rank 0
DeathAura13
PostedNov 17, 2012 5:49 pm
I tried sending a ticket, and everything's fixed now. Thanks for your suggestion, TheNinjaKitten.