qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 08, 2012 3:05 pm
blackenedearth wrote:
Aaah news +__+ Thanks for keeping us informed Very Happy /lurker XD

And while this might be a little off-topic, what's making RO2 bad in your eyes? D: (I haven't played it in any way or form, but I was an avid gamer of RO waaay back. In fact that's the game that started my liking for MMORPGs /nostalgia)  

Ragnarok is an epic game and I love it, I'll explain why I dislike RO2, keep in mind what Picchuu said, RO2 probably has a lot coming for it, but it'll be awhile, a long while.

~ Under developed crafting system (if your a blacksmith you can mine rocks all day and level up super fast, that doesn't work the same for any other class since all the other life classes don't get harvest nodes like that)
~ Under developed dungeon system (blegh, just a bunch of mobs make it tough, cause there's many, the bosses are simple and no challenge whatsoever)
~ Missing key things that RO had (WoE, etc, etc although they will likely be added in the future)
~ Doesn't seem like a pet system is there as well as a couple other things, but that's not major as I'm sure they will be added soon too
~ Repetitive gameplay, really.. just.. very.. generically... repetitive.., even if I wanted to craft stuff (I played Artisan), I would need to go out and kill stuff to get string, etc. The models of mobs are reused often as well.

I gave it a 4/10. With improvements in the future.. 6/10 maybe, by then LO will be out, cause RO2 is gonna need a Hard of a load of updates and improvements, and if Gravity doesn't want to be pressured into making updates, then it's gonna be awhile.

Also I dislike the RO2 Global Publishers servers, I'm sure they'll upgrade and get better, especially with all the people who aren't gonna give this game a 2nd look.

Advertisement

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 08, 2012 3:23 pm   Last edited by xSerenitas on Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total
qawsar wrote:
blackenedearth wrote:

And while this might be a little off-topic, what's making RO2 bad in your eyes? D: (I haven't played it in any way or form, but I was an avid gamer of RO waaay back. In fact that's the game that started my liking for MMORPGs /nostalgia)  

Ragnarok is an epic game and I love it, I'll explain why I dislike RO2, keep in mind what Picchuu said, RO2 probably has a lot coming for it, but it'll be awhile, a long while.

~ Under developed crafting system (if your a blacksmith you can mine rocks all day and level up super fast, that doesn't work the same for any other class since all the other life classes don't get harvest nodes like that)
~ Under developed dungeon system (blegh, just a bunch of mobs make it tough, cause there's many, the bosses are simple and no challenge whatsoever)
~ Missing key things that RO had (WoE, etc, etc although they will likely be added in the future)
~ Doesn't seem like a pet system is there as well as a couple other things, but that's not major as I'm sure they will be added soon too
~ Repetitive gameplay, really.. just.. very.. generically... repetitive.., even if I wanted to craft stuff (I played Artisan), I would need to go out and kill stuff to get string, etc. The models of mobs are reused often as well.

I gave it a 4/10. With improvements in the future.. 6/10 maybe, by then LO will be out, cause RO2 is gonna need a **** of a load of updates and improvements, and if Gravity doesn't want to be pressured into making updates, then it's gonna be awhile.

Also I dislike the RO2 Global Publishers servers, I'm sure they'll upgrade and get better, especially with all the people who aren't gonna give this game a 2nd look.  

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed myself. Nice graphics, character movement, and skill animations, but the gameplay was definitely lacking. I hope LO comes out soon!

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedDec 08, 2012 7:20 pm
xSerenitas wrote:
qawsar wrote:
blackenedearth wrote:

I gave it a 4/10. With improvements in the future.. 6/10 maybe, by then LO will be out, cause RO2 is gonna need a **** of a load of updates and improvements, and if Gravity doesn't want to be pressured into making updates, then it's gonna be awhile.

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed myself. Nice graphics and character movement and skill animations, but the gameplay was definitely lacking. I hope LO comes out soon!  

Yeah, the game is good for what it is already, but it could be a LOT better. Just so much better. Especially if they also want to compete with Project R1, whenever that launches.

I make no Rupaulogies.

LunarPrince12

Rank 1
LunarPrince12
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:06 pm
qawsar wrote:
blackenedearth wrote:

I did find that crafting for the artisan would be weird actually. I was wondering how would i gather mats and stuff then I realised I had to get it form killing mobs. so I guess my battle class would stay ahead of my job class. So that wasn't very balanced. But I agree that they will probably fix these things in the future. After all, It was the CBT.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:10 pm
Yeah but it was a CBT after major revamps so it still didn't make alot of sense, and anything that wasnt change between revamps probably wont be changed.

Azurasin

Rank 1
Azurasin
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:47 pm
so qawsar you said the korean cbt should of been after 27 or so but stil nothing lol ?

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:48 pm
Azurasin wrote:
so qawsar you said the korean cbt should of been after 27 or so but stil nothing lol ?  

After the 18th sometime, since that's when the 2nd event winners should be announced, and only if they plan on holding true to having CBT this year.

Azurasin

Rank 1
Azurasin
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:50 pm
qawsar wrote:
Azurasin wrote:

After the 18th sometime, since that's when the 2nd event winners should be announced, and only if they plan on holding true to having CBT this year.  

aah okay Razz and ro2 doesnt work for me Razz or am typing the pas wrong Razz can you play it anywhere on the plannet ? guz am from the caribean Razz

blackenedearth

Rank 0
blackenedearth
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:49 am
qawsar wrote:
blackenedearth wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone XD A friend and I are planning to enter OBT if we can, for nostalgia's sake XD I'm still rooting for LO though, since I've heard a lot of good things about it and my former guildies in Iris Online are planning to play it too XD

Augh, updates D: That was Iris' problem =.= The developers just stopped caring D: I do hope that the developers won't abandon LO all too easily (same goes for RO2...I mean, how many episodes does RO have now?! Can other games get the same treatment too?) @.@

Signature by Hinsan

coolsasuke

Rank 2
coolsasuke
PostedDec 09, 2012 9:56 am
LO will be too popular for then to afford to abandon it *=*