damienredford

Rank 0
damienredford
PostedNov 14, 2012 2:14 am

Something new :3

A little something something for PvP
Ok so I was sitting here watching arena matches on Youtube when I thought to myself," I wonder if they could implement a way to spectate on going arenas. For any level bracket. Because I know that I love watching arena matches, but they're not enough on Youtube. And not enough good ones of the 90 arena. So what I wanna know is:Can a spectate option, room, pay 10g per enter joint, w/e lol. Can it be done?
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedNov 14, 2012 2:56 am
Sounds like a good idea. Watching higher levels play, taking they're experience, seeing how they play and grafting to our own skills. o-o Good idea indeed.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

damienredford

Rank 0
damienredford
PostedNov 14, 2012 3:22 am
minuzaki wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. Watching higher levels play, taking they're experience, seeing how they play and grafting to our own skills. o-o Good idea indeed.  

Why thank you (:

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedNov 14, 2012 3:24 am
greatvidea but how would it be implemented? inputting your character would disrupt the match even if it cant be attacked and if you spectate a stealther whislt your friend is in arena then you could notify them. if its just a static camera fixed over the xtals and in ability to see stealthers than sure it would be a nice feature to have im just doubtful of how it would be implemented

damienredford

Rank 0
damienredford
PostedNov 14, 2012 3:47 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:
greatvidea but how would it be implemented? inputting your character would disrupt the match even if it cant be attacked and if you spectate a stealther whislt your friend is in arena then you could notify them. if its just a static camera fixed over the xtals and in ability to see stealthers than sure it would be a nice feature to have im just doubtful of how it would be implemented  

Well free roam camera. Or you could just stick to one person you choose. For bigger maps like GW and EA I guess taking a page from the way League of legends does they're spectating.

Izzeth

Rank 2
PostedNov 14, 2012 4:31 am
damienredford wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

Well free roam camera. Or you could just stick to one person you choose. For bigger maps like GW and EA I guess taking a page from the way League of legends does they're spectating.  

Well, if we're worried about stealthers and being a cheater, then do what League does and add a Delay before the match starts or something like that so you can't see what they are doing at that exacttttt moment. Seems like an alright idea, though a nice way to cheat which is not something I'm personally not too fond of <__>;..

Also, this belongs in the suggestion section of the forums. Requesting move pl0x. Tyyy.

damienredford

Rank 0
damienredford
PostedNov 14, 2012 4:56 am
Izzeth wrote:
damienredford wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

Well, if we're worried about stealthers and being a cheater, then do what League does and add a Delay before the match starts or something like that so you can't see what they are doing at that exacttttt moment. Seems like an alright idea, though a nice way to cheat which is not something I'm personally not too fond of <__>;..

Also, this belongs in the suggestion section of the forums. Requesting move pl0x. Tyyy.  

I don't see how you could cheat though. It's all about xtals and killing so knowing where people are really doesn't change anything. But to do something about that then when you go into spectate you lose your ways of talking to anyone ig. And maybe put a small timer when you leave that spectate game before you can get back in. Plus arena really isn't all that of a big deal so going through all that trouble would be kinda dumb lol. And i'm new to forum posting my own stuff lol so to move it do I just delete this one and remake it?

Izzeth

Rank 2
PostedNov 14, 2012 5:14 am
damienredford wrote:
Izzeth wrote:
damienredford wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

I don't see how you could cheat though. It's all about xtals and killing so knowing where people are really doesn't change anything. But to do something about that then when you go into spectate you lose your ways of talking to anyone ig. And maybe put a small timer you can get back into said game if you leave spectate. And i'm new to forum posting my own stuff lol so to move it do I just delete this one and remake it?  

Nah, a forum mod will move it soon enough dw.

But it's more as TheDiseased2 said, but it's more towards people could help cheat by pointing our stealthers and where they are like in a small arena like FA. Since it's so much smaller and you could have friends watching the match, if you have stealthers walking around, there is the possibility of a friend telling you it's location and where it's going, hence the cheating aspect of it. Wouldn't be fair. People would do anything to win/MvP sometimes. So I wouldn't put it past them to be a cheapo lol

You forget, people have Skype/RaidCall/Ventrilo. Easy voice to voice chatting, if one is spectating and the other is playing, easy cheat win right there. No need to type to another person at all.

EskimoxKitty

Rank 0
EskimoxKitty
PostedNov 14, 2012 5:22 am
I like the Idea but I don't think it would be added x.x
But as the stealth problem goes, could just change it so people watching can't see anyone in stealth o/

damienredford

Rank 0
damienredford
PostedNov 14, 2012 5:25 am
Yea I don't think they'd actually add it either cause we all know Aeria lol, but dreams can be dreamed. I spam Youtube daily looking for new videos to watch seeing as I don't enjoy playing GF much anymore but still love the PvP.