Konvikt_

Rank 3
Konvikt_
PostedNov 13, 2012 8:03 pm
GMHigherCalibur wrote:
Konvikt_ wrote:
Their intent was to make a quick few thousands of dollars and make this post. The very first day this came out I saw a GS selling a weapon for profit and told him it was against the rules and he said it wasn't. They knew this was going on but the cash flow was too good to stop right away. Once it died down and they noticed weapon bomb sales were down, because no one is going to buy a weapon bomb when you can spend $30 and get it 100%, they made this post. Its all just business, but most people are just kids and don't see the concept Wink  

Except that wasn't the intent. The intent was to have a trade system in place that didn't involve taking up more time from our already overworked engineering team. This post is actually about a week+ in the making, things just take time in a corporate environment. The GS was misinformed and you were correct in knowing this sort of trading was against the rules from the get-go. Once again, we've known about this, policy like this just takes time to set in motion.  

May I ask how this is even a trading system? You guys made it to look like a selling system to acquire guns you don't have rather than purchasing weapon bombs. A trading system should be implemented like most any other game out there from Pokemon to Diablo II. Except have a buy in few to get in to the trade. Either way this was a horrible "trading system." It was featured to us as a "Buy your gun for fee + whatever $ seller charges instead of spending $x to possible get a gun."

Edit: I'm not trying to argue or anything, I'm just curious as to how this business is being ran.
Advertisement

somnang.chey

Rank 0
PostedNov 13, 2012 9:09 pm
What don't ya understand. Aeria Games prohibit the selling of weapons because they will be losing money. When you trade, they will make more money. The whole entire point is MONEY. That's all it has ever been.

therealSowm

Rank 0
therealSowm
PostedNov 13, 2012 9:22 pm
xumbinhu123 wrote:
Finnaly those annoying posts will stop...  

^ Lols it was pretty annoying , seeing all those trading post ! Bright side at least no will get scammed again

idleninja007

Heroic Founder: Soldier Front 2
idleninja007
PostedNov 13, 2012 9:50 pm
I knew this was coming. Pretty glad actually.

Just to clarify: Can I trade someone my gun and have them pay for JUST the transfer fee (no profit) or is that still considered a violation of the ToS?

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:18 pm
Well done.
Thank you Team Action

lucasgrathouse

Rank 3
lucasgrathouse
PostedNov 14, 2012 12:30 am

Re: Weapon Sales are Prohibited!

See inside for more information
GMHigherCalibur wrote:
Attention Soldiers!

It has come to our attention that some players are using the Weapon Transfer feature as a means to sell weapons from one account to another using real world currency.

We do not endorse this activity as it is a violation of the Aeria Games Terms of Service to sell anything associated with your account. Please take this time to review the Aeria Games Terms of Service here, specifically the first paragraph of section 9: http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/terms

"You may not sell or auction any game accounts, characters, items, coin or copyrighted material, nor may you assist others in doing so."

As such, from this point on, sales of items of any kind on an Aeria Games account will be subject to a suspension/ban of that account.

Please keep in mind that we do not perform Weapon Transfers from banned accounts and that normal trades (Weapon A for Weapon B) and gifting (you spend the money on the transfer yourself to send the weapon to a friend or alt account) are allowed. You just simply cannot sell the weapons.

We have removed all posts from these forums and will enforce this policy going forward. If you have violated these terms in the past we will be extending this one-time repreive from the consequences of your actions. However, further violations will incur the same suspension/ban as all 3rd party sales.

Thank you all for your understanding in this matter.

Dismissed!

Thank God, if I saw one more "selling a normal m4" post I was gonna rip my hair out.

Ryan_SF

Rank 5
Ryan_SF
Various swamps throughout the United Kingdom
PostedNov 14, 2012 1:08 am
This should help de-clutter the forums and stop people from being scammed so thanks HC! Smile

kuprichard

Rank 3
kuprichard
PostedNov 14, 2012 2:31 am
I knew the TOS before this option implemented, hence why I didn't trade.
I just don't understand why Aeria let it get out of hand in the 1st place.
So many treads when up on how to trade safely, who to trade with ect...
Not hard to see some Aeria staff has a lack of understanding the TOS.
I hope Aeria make more effort to prevent things like this happening again, after all we look to you to see what is right or wrong.

Kimuri.

Rank 4
Kimuri.
PostedNov 14, 2012 6:02 am
THANK YOU for putting this out there.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

6audiq6

Rank 0
PostedNov 14, 2012 7:05 am
Agree.