NytWolf

Rank 0
NytWolf
PostedNov 13, 2012 3:55 am   Last edited by NytWolf on Nov 14, 2012 9:29 am. Edited 4 times in total

How to improve the graphics manually(not the ingame setting)

The texture quality in game is fairly terrible on certain things like the rocks and especially some bridges I've seen so far even with everything maxed, so I decided to use the AMD control center to improve the graphics and unexpectedly I gained high results:

Before:

After:

This doesn't eat up FPS either as I didn't increase anything but the texture quality, so no triple buffering, multi-sample AA or anything, the only thing I increased was the Anisotropic Filtering to x16 and the Texture filtering quality onto high quality instead of its original performance setting, so if your PC is just fairly decent then you should be able to have much better visuals without the loss of FPS.

EDIT:
If you don't know how to get onto the AMD control center, just hit your windows key and type "AMD" in, it should appear at the top of the results:

You then want to go down to the "Gaming" tab at the left hand side and click on "3D Application Settings".

Then just scroll down a lil till you see both the Anisotropic filtering and the Texture filtering quality like here:

Drag both of the sliders to the right (make sure you untick the box that says "Use application settings" on Anisotropic filtering so you can drag the slider), after that you want to scroll back to the top and look for the save button, when you click save just look for the game application (it can be the shortcut on your desktop) and then hit open and your good to go. (make sure to restart the client so it takes effect if the game is still on while doing it)
Advertisement

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedNov 13, 2012 4:50 am
Thanks. This is a nice way to improve your graphics.

Deatheater approves this Razz

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedNov 13, 2012 6:14 am
I approve of this as well.

Now if only I understood anything of what you said. /Not smart with graphical things.

NytWolf

Rank 0
NytWolf
PostedNov 13, 2012 6:32 am
Extra0rdinary wrote:
I approve of this as well.

Now if only I understood anything of what you said. /Not smart with graphical things.  

Yeah sorry about that, I should of put down how to actually get onto the thing lol, I just added it in anyway for those that want to try it out, but for those using nvidia cards someone else would have to show people how to do it if that's the case.

grandslambeta

Rank 0
grandslambeta
PostedNov 13, 2012 6:37 am

DK ONLINE

first impreshion
for the record first impreshion's im likeing this game allready i do like the character introdutions thats a nice little first screen and it beniffits alot of ppl that have trouble to read or have slightly bad eye sight if i find anything that i like or dislike il let u guys know asap

grandslambeta

Rank 0
grandslambeta
PostedNov 13, 2012 6:42 am

DK online

first impreshion
great customizeations gender lock'd but that's no big problem

P.S

u will proberbly get really annoy'd with my posts but i do like to take apart new games plus it keeps the makers inform'd

NytWolf

Rank 0
NytWolf
PostedNov 13, 2012 7:04 am
Yeah...make your own thread instead of derailing this one with your "first impressions".

NytWolf

Rank 0
NytWolf
PostedNov 14, 2012 9:20 am
Bumping for other people to see if they haven't yet, saw people in game mentioning graphics in-game so assuming they have yet to see or know they can manually improve.

sality.design

Rank 0
PostedNov 14, 2012 9:52 am
confirm, working for me on nVidia 460 with latest drivers.

Graphic is awesome)

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedNov 14, 2012 10:53 am
Someone should make a guide to NVidia user. xD