Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedNov 18, 2012 10:25 am
Heres hoping this feature will be more popular here than in GF

Aashmir2

Rank 3
Aashmir2
PostedNov 18, 2012 11:38 am
Is there a battle ground? Or will there ever be a battle ground? Such as an arena you sign up for. If there is, then I don't mind the PK debuff. If there is a battle ground and you want to kill people outside of it - in a PvE environment - then you deserve a debuff. Plus, by what is being said, it sounds like you don't get it FOR ONE KILL, it is for multiple killings? If it is for multiple, maybe there is a timer between each kill so you are in the safe zone of not getting the buff.

Also, I noticed that you actually die if you PK someone, you die you lose exp but the person that wanted to kill you outside of a battle ground gets to live? Razz I kind of like that debuff revenge.

If there isn't a Battle Ground then this game isn't PvP oriented because there is no official place to PvP. So, bye PvP fanatics - game not for you.

ALSO, someone mentioned getting points per kill for a PvP tier system to get items that are SLIGHTLY better than that current lvl's gear. No. Simply no. This game has legendary items and a legendary item WILL always be top lvl gear for that lvl.

ManiacFerret

Rank 0
PostedNov 20, 2012 3:40 am
Papa.Smurf wrote:
Make people who turn on PK have a chance to drop an item of theirs on death. Odds increase as they PK more people.

5% chance to drop if killed after 1 victim
7% for next
10% and so on.

The %'s go as a debuff, and you wait a certain time before you can safely PK again with no penalty.  

You know, I think I like this solution. It wouldn't inhibit someone with a PvP flag from defending themselves from a gank or what not, or render even PvE frustrating due to excessive stat debuffs, but it WOULD deter them from going overboard with a killing spree for fear of a possible gank and losing some of their stuff. Maybe after a certain number of kills, the number of items that have a chance to drop tiers up as well? Like, after 5 kills or so you have a possibility of losing 2 items instead of just one, etc. That being said...

Don't make someone have a chance to drop their equipped stuff unless it's a penalty for like a 15+ killing spree or something, to put into consideration players who would store all their stuff elsewhere first then go nuts with reckless abandon. At that point they're taunting fate to the point that they deserve whatever is coming to them, but before then it's a bit much to make people who really and truly just want to PvP lose their best stuff.

Papa.Smurf

Rank 5
Papa.Smurf
PostedNov 20, 2012 2:34 pm
ManiacFerret wrote:
Papa.Smurf wrote:
Make people who turn on PK have a chance to drop an item of theirs on death. Odds increase as they PK more people.

5% chance to drop if killed after 1 victim
7% for next
10% and so on.

The %'s go as a debuff, and you wait a certain time before you can safely PK again with no penalty.  

You know, I think I like this solution. It wouldn't inhibit someone with a PvP flag from defending themselves from a gank or what not, or render even PvE frustrating due to excessive stat debuffs, but it WOULD deter them from going overboard with a killing spree for fear of a possible gank and losing some of their stuff. Maybe after a certain number of kills, the number of items that have a chance to drop tiers up as well? Like, after 5 kills or so you have a possibility of losing 2 items instead of just one, etc. That being said...

Don't make someone have a chance to drop their equipped stuff unless it's a penalty for like a 15+ killing spree or something, to put into consideration players who would store all their stuff elsewhere first then go nuts with reckless abandon. At that point they're taunting fate to the point that they deserve whatever is coming to them, but before then it's a bit much to make people who really and truly just want to PvP lose their best stuff.  

I agree that a larger number of player kills should warrant the debuff chance to lose items, seeing as people who grief one another think they'd be safe otherwise. But to stop the people from mass-killing levelers and griefing/camping those who don't want to be a part of it. Make it safe to defend yourself, or kill someone harassing you, but not excessively without risk.

siliknight

Rank 0
PostedNov 26, 2012 11:12 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
That is why i always say that you DO NOT know what PvP and Pk Mean.

PK: Getting on killing spree without let the target reply to your attack is a PK action that mean BAD KARMA.

PvP: If you attack someone and this someone instead of run and die by Pking reply back to your attacks, the situation make both flagged and that is a PvP.

@RyuzakiXD: The main question is, Did you felt down to the FIRST situation or the SECOND?

Because the Penality is RIGHT to have ONLY on the first situation, otherwise if the second it MUST not be active.  

THIS!!!!! All the carebears don't know what's the difference between PK & PVP! I suggest having it open world PVP with a PK system. (LINEAGE 2's PVP system basically.)

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedNov 26, 2012 12:33 pm
siliknight wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
That is why i always say that you DO NOT know what PvP and Pk Mean.

PK: Getting on killing spree without let the target reply to your attack is a PK action that mean BAD KARMA.

PvP: If you attack someone and this someone instead of run and die by Pking reply back to your attacks, the situation make both flagged and that is a PvP.

@RyuzakiXD: The main question is, Did you felt down to the FIRST situation or the SECOND?

Because the Penality is RIGHT to have ONLY on the first situation, otherwise if the second it MUST not be active.  

THIS!!!!! All the carebears don't know what's the difference between PK & PVP! I suggest having it open world PVP with a PK system. (LINEAGE 2's PVP system basically.)  
Yeah! Very Happy

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

kl0wn64

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:39 pm
its kind of scary that this exists, hopefully they tone it down a LOT if not get rid of it entirely

killing pvp before the game takes off is not a good thing

PorcelainMonkey

Rank 0
PorcelainMonkey
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:59 pm
kl0wn64 wrote:
its kind of scary that this exists, hopefully they tone it down a LOT if not get rid of it entirely

killing pvp before the game takes off is not a good thing  
Taz wrote:
Q: "What sort of PvP changes can we expect going in to OB?" -deatheater59
A: A lot of the changes are still up in the air so I cannot announce them. However, one of our goals is a more balanced RvR. We also feel there should be incentive to participate in the Opt-in PK system. How we accomplish these goals is not completely decided yet, but the PK debuff for the Opt-in PK system will be going away before OB starts.